Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
niemand

Weapons strategy ?

Hi,

I was wondering, wether anyone was using a kind of strategy for choosing a weapon.

I am to low on a/d to have developed a real strategy or idea about it. But in the interested of game-development (and what to make for the market :) )

When does one go for thermal serp, of iron sword, or rapier ?

When just going for XP you go for the best xp, without to much cost for yourself.

But what do you choose when pvp-ing(i know not often swords), pk-ing ?

Do you use jagged saber on orcs? Or is it better to use a steel long to trim those ?

In other words do you have a strategy ?

There are no strategies, because there is a universely accepted best gear. The fighting system is too primitive to offer strikingly different strategies.

There are no strategies, because there is a universely accepted best gear. The fighting system is too primitive to offer strikingly different strategies.

This is not true anymore after the update. It was not entirely true before, but certainly the game improved a lot on the "choosing weapon strategy" field.

The new weapons have weak and strong points on their favour and you cant clearly said that there are a "best weapon for all occasions". Some weapons are good for specific situations and not so good for others.

Edited by Lorck

Hi,

I was wondering, wether anyone was using a kind of strategy for choosing a weapon.

I am to low on a/d to have developed a real strategy or idea about it. But in the interested of game-development (and what to make for the market :) )

When just going for XP you go for the best xp, without to much cost for yourself.

Do you use jagged saber on orcs? Or is it better to use a steel long to trim those ?

get a branch of destructions :)

Hi,

get a branch of destructions :sneaky:

Haha :D

I do sometimes use different swords for different people, if I am fighting a stronger person I will use a Cutlass so I hit them more, where as a weaker person I will use a more powerful weapon, so I can kill thhem quicker. ;)

Hi,

get a branch of destructions :sneaky:

Haha :)

I do sometimes use different swords for different people, if I am fighting a stronger person I will use a Cutlass so I hit them more, where as a weaker person I will use a more powerful weapon, so I can kill thhem quicker. :D

Thats cos' you is nasty ;)

Well, when monster training, some people will often use low-levelled weapons in order to take on a slightly tougher creature for more exp. Usually they'll just use a bone, but sometimes may use an iron sword or something similar.

In invasions, I've noticed people seem to favour titanium longs, probably because they are a fairly decent sword, but not too expensive, so its not a big deal if you lose one.

Thats about the only weapon's strategies I would know anything about.

i was wandaring about a thing ......

cutless hit 22-24 and orc slayer hit 35-40 , thats 2 hit of cutless = 1 hit of orc slayer .....

:sneaky: if what am saying is true ;) then why every 1 i see have cutless , and all player in market channel buy/sell cutless more and more ?? all because of 15+ accurcy ....

i maybe not very rich 2 test the defrance :) , but i know there is some 1 reading this post have the 2 sowrd and tryed them both ...... i wana know why no 1 buy orc slayer :D

thanx all

FMA

cutless hit 22-24 and orc slayer hit 35-40 , thats 2 hit of cutless = 1 hit of orc slayer .....

:sneaky: if what am saying is true ;) then why every 1 i see have cutless , and all player in market channel buy/sell cutless more and more ?? all because of 15+ accurcy ....

i maybe not very rich 2 test the defrance :) , but i know there is some 1 reading this post have the 2 sowrd and tryed them both ...... i wana know why no 1 buy orc slayer :D

thanx all

FMA

Because depending on who you're fighting the +15 accuracy may give you more than twice as many successful hits.

Terena is right (for once).

Use a weapon (preferably iron sword) when stepping up to a new monster. If its a tougher one, make it a steel long. After you get used to it, move to bone or branch.

Right now I use bone on ogre.

:blink: if what am saying is true :D then why every 1 i see have cutless , and all player in market channel buy/sell cutless more and more ?? all because of 15+ accurcy ....

i maybe not very rich 2 test the defrance :( , but i know there is some 1 reading this post have the 2 sowrd and tryed them both ...... i wana know why no 1 buy orc slayer :D

thanx all

FMA

Because depending on who you're fighting the +15 accuracy may give you more than twice as many successful hits.

And if it doesn't, try rapier ;)

+17 Critical to hit :wub:

Or sunbreaker, it got uber critical to damage bonus.

I personally like saber (nice acc and damage) and eagle wind (nice balanced weapon). I dont like much cutlass and orc slayer.

Edited by Lorck

For me best pk weapons are thermal serp and orc slayer.

For killing yetis and acs (for me) best are cutlass and thermal serp.

Edited by NitageR

Technically a long blade, like rapier sword, gives a better defence. Rapier could give +6 def.

Edited by Blodoks

I'd say

Therm serp is the best overall weapon (but less against tit armour).

Orcslayer is good for killing ppl below you (because of high dmg but almost no + on stats).

Cutlass is good for ppl higher than you (because of high accuracy but unfortunately it doesnt do much dmg ;) ).

Eagle wing is a nice balanced weapon with good damage.

Edited by Ambrosius

Guest Krius

Im confused about what your saying, so all im gonna say is don't use a weapon when trying to get XP. Mk?

Don't use a weapon when XPing,cause your target will then live longer-->you will need more hits--->more XP

At least it was like that when i did it....

Not always though, lets say you run out of xp when fighting an ogre or so on (you only get so many hits that count for xp per round) rather than flee or finish out the kill, it might be better to use a small weapon to get the kill a little faster rather than wasting rounds, and potentially getting hit.

edit: finished post (hit send to soon :blink: )

Edited by Evalin

my strategy : against stronger then me : cutlass

against same strengh : thermal serp

thats about it :)