Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dunian

Horns

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested, if it has, please delete this. I did do a search using the word "Horn" tho, and didn't find any idea's like this

It would be neat if, when the new mini-map comes out, we could have horns. They could maybe be crafted from a Feran's horn. When used they would make a small beacon appear on the minimap, showing the location of the user to everyone on the map, even if he's in the 'fog of war'.

The horn could either be a one-use object (which would make it more expensive), or multi-use, but having a chance of breaking each time (More realistic). It could also have some expensive object in it so that it wouldn't be used lightly. (Something like 1 Feran horn + 1 silver bar + 1 binding stone)

Another idea is that, when blown, it could 'scare' animals (They run away from the blower), and 'stun' lesser monsters (That thing is[/s] sorta loud). Of course if you really want to do it well you could add a sound effect.

The pros would be (as far as I can see)

Strategy (You can signal friends or call for help. True, you could do this with coords, but it'd take a minute for your buddies to figure out where you were).

Another thing for crafters to craft.

The biggest problem would be that it could become a new form of spam. One way to fix this would be to put a 1 minute cooldown on it (It takes alot of breath to blow one of them things!).

Anyways, what do you folks think?

Edited by Dunian

Good idea, I would love to have horns.

I have horns already, red ones at that :)

But seems like a ok idea.

I think you have a great idea Dunian. Sorry, but that's way to spammy Chim. Besides, why not just use pm?

fog of war in an mmorpg?

lmfao?

Clicky

Edited by Dunian

oooh :o

still a fog of war in an mmorpg makes no sence..

btw how will newbies find their way around with it?

anyway it's a good idea though to have those horns

still a fog of war in an mmorpg makes no sence..
yes it does. the fog is at the range that the server will send actors... as in the client knows about people and animals up to that range