Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest V1RGoL

My suggestion

Guest V1RGoL

I must say that I'm slightly irritated over the navigation type. At first I thought that zooming out the camera would help to navigate throughout the game, but I think now that you should look at already winning concepts, like the Diablo2 ingame map.

There you (there is a hotkey for it) have a transparent map right in the center of the screen, with your character's 'dot' right under your visual character.

When you move, you see your 'dot' move directly and you can by that navigate extremely easy and fast.

Of course you could leave the old ingame map system for everyone who likes it more.

Just a suggestion :P

It would get kinda annoying becuz in Eternal Lands there are to many things to show and It would block ur view but it still would be helpful

I like the current map versions. First, because they are not accurate. Second, because it's more realistic. In real life (21 century) you don't go out the door with your HUD display build in to some goggles that will show the map to help you around? Why do that in a medieval game then? This is an RGP, not an arcade game like diablo. If you need to look at the map, you take it out your pocket. Take a look, hope that it's accurate, and start walking.

I would even have liked it if there was no blue cross showing you were you are (heck, you have a compass for that....)

I would even have liked it if there was no blue cross showing you were you are (heck, you have a compass for that....)

True, but then you'd need coords on the maps too.

I also find that idea kinda stupid and unecessary. You HAVE the map coordinates, you HAVE a compass, plus a map showing your position! if you cannot navigate from those things then you have to be stupid. As was said above, we don't have GPS in this time period.

I think you should have to buy maps. TAB would only work if you had that particular map in your inventory. Also, I'd like a crystal cavern map. It still confuses me :oops:

As I have told before: Make your own, and save it as a 8bit .bmp in 512x512 (unless you have an old gfx card, then it's 256x256), with the name cave2.bmp (or was it cave1.bmp).

It's loaded each time you display it, so if you run the game in the window, you can even edit the map while you walk around. Just save it in your paint program, before pressing TAB in EL.

I tried with the big cave, and got a nice outline of the cave (didn't have time to do the rest of the structures), but I forgot about it when I deleted the directory to install the new version of the game.