Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NitageR

special days

the same problem with invasions for me, they always start when I am about to log off ąnd get some sleep...

I agree with Nit, the days seem to be, abit better for people out of Europe.

#edit Typo's.

Edited by Liquid

Simple solution, those who arent happy with the timing should go have a sleepectomy, then they can be around for every random #day good AND bad.

sorted.

Nita is right. US time zones always have good day. I dont remember when Europe had last good special days except joule day ~2 weeks ago. No scholar day for european time zone for last 3 months....

I'm in a US zone (EST), and since June I basically have EL on from about 9am till midnight (or later if there is a special day). Of course there have been plenty of times where it is off, but my summer pattern is to play a lot during normal waking hours.

-For the last scholars day, I could only enjoy about 2-3 hours of it before I fell asleep around 2am.

-It's been Green day since I've been up this morning

-I've never seen a day of Joule

-I've seen only half of one no drop day

-I've seen several green/fasting/no manu days but have turned off EL on those days

-I fell asleep 1 hour into no break day

-I've missed every invasion since January

I agree that we tend to remember the bad more than the good. I don't think there is some consipiracy against Europeans or Americans. I feel like I miss a lot too, considering how much I have the game on.

It is not so much what time zone you are in, but when you play. there is no american/European time zones since people have different work and sleep schedules regardless of where thery are.

I agree generally. I'm sure the Aussies get a raw deal too with their time zones. I've had to log off during the last scholars day because I didn't want to do an 'all-nita' again. As for invasions I've been fortunate enough to be online for most of them.

There is one way you make sure you don't miss anything. Never log out of EL ;)

havent had an invasion since maybe febuary, signed on with 17 minutes of half food cost day, havent had a no scholars in about two months, been on for the stupid no harvesting today...dont whine

Time is UTC +2

Day of Joule

2006-07-13 05:50:46 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-16 13:14:53 :Today is a special day:

Day of no grief

2006-04-13 13:45:36 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-04 07:45:25 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-04 19:53:06 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-28 07:30:14 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-22 07:09:54 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-24 01:33:40 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-04 04:06:36 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-28 04:02:09 :Today is a special day:

Scholars Day

2006-04-30 12:42:22 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-09 08:54:32 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-07 03:45:02 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-25 03:20:54 :Today is a special day:

Green Day

2006-04-03 22:39:53 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-31 08:11:51 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-31 20:19:18 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-01 08:26:09 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-05 16:30:00 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-28 10:05:54 :Today is a special day:

Labour Day

2006-04-11 19:01:07 :Today is a special day:

2006-04-12 13:32:02 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-06 02:10:18 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-16 10:45:56 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-08 16:06:51 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-23 19:30:40 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-12 00:07:55 :Today is a special day:

Day of fasting

2006-06-30 21:05:08 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-11 05:57:53 :Today is a special day:

No drops day

2006-06-13 11:11:36 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-25 13:54:20 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-07 22:59:17 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-18 07:40:45 :Today is a special day:

Looks more random to me. And random between positive and negative also.

Maybe I missed some days.

You're right, the data clearly shows this is a conspiracy!!1!~~oneone

Stop crying about "special days", it's random. What the hell would be the point of showing "the american time zones" favoritism? On that note, I notice you didn't state it as the Western time zones... clearly the Canadians are getting the screwed on this too eh?

I don't even know how you could come up with this theory. Just that bored and need something to complain about?

edit: replied to the topic in general, not to suessie. Used his post to show his data ;)

Edited by Evalin

I missed those good days too and had the bad ones :D I don't care, pitty though

And "America" is a continent... Not like they said "Only the United States of America" Canada is in there ;)

;)

yeah, you're right, I jumped to conclusions there :D

either way, there's no use in people crying over this topic.

Guest Red_Rackham

Arrr!! Keelhaul Father Time, I say!!

If you ask me, random is random and this is just another case of coincidence-meets-paranoia. I play at odd hours in GMT-5 zone which can be evening in Europe, 2AM in Hollywood, lunchtime in Tokyo... I've worked the night shift and logged onto the web at 6AM til bedtime (noon.) I'm sure there are plenty of EL'ers who play at different hours from each other locally and globally. All with different experiences.

I've already played two different characters that made EFE's within the first 1000 and never made another after many thousands! Is that fixed?

A good solution here would be to speed up the EL clock just a little bit so it doesn't jive with the world clock. That way there's a rotation that keeps things random. Sort of like the Christian and Jewish calendars never matching up regularly. Personally I'd like to see special days of all kinds more frequent. Arrr!!

Personally, I do not think it is a problem with the fact that days appear randomly it is that EL days are 6hours long (a multiple of 24). This means that depending on your TZ you tend to always catch the same period of the days if you logon and off at regular times. If EL days were 5 or 7hrs then where in an EL day you log changes from RL day to day if you have regular habits.

I would like to add an additional fact - I am on holiday for 14 days so can we save all the nice days for my return ;)

I agree generally. I'm sure the Aussies get a raw deal too with their time zones. I've had to log off during the last scholars day because I didn't want to do an 'all-nita' again. As for invasions I've been fortunate enough to be online for most of them.

There is one way you make sure you don't miss anything. Never log out of EL ;)

Every 24hrs there are 4 chances for special days, there is no code to give any preference to any specific timezones or portions of the world.

this is kinda a rediculous thread, since i started playing i jhave played about the same times, 7pm-2or 3am US central time zone, which i believe is gmt-6.

well anyway from this time that i play i usually see the end of one day, a full day, and the start of the next, from my perspective it seems random, i have logged on at the end of many good and bad days, ive played a full length of many good and bad days (or logged off, altho thats rare) and i have logged off after the start of many good/bad days. i didnt see anything that made me think i always log on at the end or start of all good or bad days. seems totally randome to me.

BTW ive only been online for one invasion and i have loged on right after one. still i see this all as random, and yes i know invasions rnt as random since the mods have to plan it

simple summary: RANDOMNESS

I agree that it does sometimes seem like certain timezones are getting a better deal (last scholar's day I had to log off after the first 2 hours before I fell asleep on my keyboard :P and same with day of no grief). I don't think its a conspiracy though, it is random, and we just happen to have an unlucky streak.

It would be nice though if there were some rules to it, like you couldn't have two of the same day in a row and things like that - I believe there was a day a while ago with 2 labour days straight after each other? Can't imagine too many people were online that day, lol.

A good solution here would be to speed up the EL clock just a little bit so it doesn't jive with the world clock. That way there's a rotation that keeps things random.

Allow me to point everyone to This Thread where it was stated that EL days already do NOT match up with real time for exactly this purpose.

Oops, hey discovered our secret code:

void set_random_day()
{
int rl_time_hour;
rl_time_hour=get_rl_time(GMT,NOW);
if(check_if_daytime_in_europe(rl_time_hour))
{
find_bad_day();
else
find_good_day();

}
}

Took a lot of time to write, and was done in order to reltalliate on France and Germany because they are dissin' our Glorious Leader and do not support His effort to speread freedom and democracy around the world!

I'm just wondering if you guys noticed that most "good" special days are for America's time zone. Even in this week they had ~40% Scholars Day and No Grief Day, while Europeans got Brave Day and Green Day. It is said that special days are random, but it is not fair that Europeans are treaten worse then Americans....

Lol I logged off before the 4th hour of green day last night :whistle:

I now i have dilemma... should i go and get some sleep or not... cause i really don't think that i will catch another scholars day (or any positive day) at the European afternoon... :blink:

I can hardly belive it, but nita is right... :blink:

Edited by BloodSucker

I don't think it is anything like that. The last scholars day was late night U.S.A. We get just as many bad days as good. Besides the day is picked random, no way they are going to code " Give americans best days" think about it.

Eater