Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ulrih

Console ergonomics

I think most of the guild use the #gms for normal every-day chat and I really miss the TC-EL way of sending guild messages by typeing ";;".

So, my suggestion is to reduce the need of using hard-to-type game commands. To send a guild message on my keyboard (US) I need to press "Shift+3",g,m - and I'm doing it very very often. Making a ";;" shortcut would be much more comfortable, and might reduce the "3gm" mistakes when someone misses the Shift button. Of course there are different keyboard layouts, and i.e. on German one the "#" is accesible without the "Shift" key. On some keybs the semicolon is accesible without the need of pressing "Shift" (US, Canadian, Brazil, UK, Dvorak, Greek, Bulgarian), on others the "shift" is required to type it, but even though, using "Shift+,," might be easier than "Shift+3",g,m". The "#", "G" and "M" keys arent very close to eachother as well.

Anyway, a possibility to send gms without the need of entering the hard-reacheable hash (#) symbol, or without the "#gm" would be great.

I guess making these commands customisable might be hard, but I'd like it very much.

Maybe there might be also another possibility to talk in channels than pressing "shift+2" (US keyb) or some other combination to enter the "@" symbol.

i dont know about everyone else, but ive got used to putting #gm at the front of all guild messages

If the powers that be want it in I will happily make the patch (after all I made the patch in the first place :icon13:)

If the powers that be want it in I will happily make the patch (after all I made the patch in the first place :icon13:)
I'm wondering if the commands (including @, #gm, etc) could be in a config file, similar to how key.ini is used... if so, it'd be easy to change stuff, and people with different keyboard layouts may have a far easier time

that's more work, of course

If the powers that be want it in I will happily make the patch (after all I made the patch in the first place :devlish:)
I'm wondering if the commands (including @, #gm, etc) could be in a config file, similar to how key.ini is used... if so, it'd be easy to change stuff, and people with different keyboard layouts may have a far easier time

that's more work, of course

Yeah, that would be great for people with uncommon keyboard layout, but I can imagine thats a lot of work. Anyway a simple patch with alternate (not replacement) "#gm" would be great. :ph34r:

a double keystroke for ig would be nice too :wacko: i hate it when i type #ig and forget to put the guild tag in or do #gm instead:P

a double keystroke for ig would be nice too :P i hate it when i type #ig and forget to put the guild tag in or do #gm instead:P
just #ig, or #ig-last-guild like // does? the second would probably be quite handy, considering the number of guilds that use symbols and such (which takes longer to type in)

a double keystroke for ig would be nice too :P i hate it when i type #ig and forget to put the guild tag in or do #gm instead:P
just #ig, or #ig-last-guild like // does? the second would probably be quite handy, considering the number of guilds that use symbols and such (which takes longer to type in)

Yeah, I think having it like the // command, would be better. :)

It's a pain in the arse typing CA$H, and other guilds :D

I think most of the guild use the #gms for normal every-day chat and I really miss the TC-EL way of sending guild messages by typeing ";;".

So, my suggestion is to reduce the need of using hard-to-type game commands. To send a guild message on my keyboard (US) I need to press "Shift+3",g,m - and I'm doing it very very often. Making a ";;" shortcut would be much more comfortable, and might reduce the "3gm" mistakes when someone misses the Shift button. Of course there are different keyboard layouts, and i.e. on German one the "#" is accesible without the "Shift" key. On some keybs the semicolon is accesible without the need of pressing "Shift" (US, Canadian, Brazil, UK, Dvorak, Greek, Bulgarian), on others the "shift" is required to type it, but even though, using "Shift+,," might be easier than "Shift+3",g,m". The "#", "G" and "M" keys arent very close to eachother as well.

Anyway, a possibility to send gms without the need of entering the hard-reacheable hash (#) symbol, or without the "#gm" would be great.

I guess making these commands customisable might be hard, but I'd like it very much.

Maybe there might be also another possibility to talk in channels than pressing "shift+2" (US keyb) or some other combination to enter the "@" symbol.

The problem is in the Shift so making a new command with shift doesnt solve anything