Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sirdan

feasting potion discussion

well now that we dont get vials back for feasting pots it has made it harder to manu them. witch it is allready pretty hard considering wine veggies and fruit are not storable! feasting pots have become a very important object in the economy also because people use them alot. the problem is they cant be manufactured easily and can only be bought from mira witch is a decent walk from storage and the potions wiegh quite a bit. so its hard to get a bunch in storage witch is good and bad it makes the game allitle harder to play witch can be good but it also makes it a bit more frustraiting. maybe the price mira sells them for could be raised again or the potions could be taken from mira. but then again that makes you need potioning to do alot. maybe you can make vials allitle easier to obtain witch i heard something somewhere on them becoming manuable... i think if they were manuable that would make fps more enjoyable to make and easier to stock up on and such but how would you make a vial? harvy does it for a few quarts but what exactly does he do? i went to wikipedia for some sort of answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fused_quartz so anyway after reading that it looks kinda high cost if it was something in el involving el ingreidients so possibly there can be a vial quest the reward is either buyable vials OR you give the guy x amount of quarts and he/she gives you vials... anyway i dunno what does everyone else think about feasting pots? are they good the way they are currently? come on whats ur input :P

I'd luurrve to see a vial quest where its easier to access :D

And all these things considered, its hard to make when you're solo.

You have to carry valuable fruit+veg and wine which can't be stored.

Whats annoying about it is that I love to buy wine at mira but I hate mixing near Judith (no offence Tanyia). What I'd love it is to finally make wine storable so at least I have more space to carry fruit and veg when making this heavy potion. :P

Yeah PoFs are a time/money user - I use to make reasoning potions and then trade them at

MIra for feastings.

But with vials disappearing the cost of doing this has gone up, I am not sure what I am going

to do for the next batch yet

well now that we dont get vials back for feasting pots it has made it harder to manu them. witch it is allready pretty hard considering wine veggies and fruit are not storable! feasting pots have become a very important object in the economy also because people use them alot. the problem is they cant be manufactured easily and can only be bought from mira witch is a decent walk from storage and the potions wiegh quite a bit. so its hard to get a bunch in storage witch is good and bad it makes the game allitle harder to play witch can be good but it also makes it a bit more frustraiting. maybe the price mira sells them for could be raised again or the potions could be taken from mira. but then again that makes you need potioning to do alot. maybe you can make vials allitle easier to obtain witch i heard something somewhere on them becoming manuable... i think if they were manuable that would make fps more enjoyable to make and easier to stock up on and such but how would you make a vial? harvy does it for a few quarts but what exactly does he do? i went to wikipedia for some sort of answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fused_quartz so anyway after reading that it looks kinda high cost if it was something in el involving el ingreidients so possibly there can be a vial quest the reward is either buyable vials OR you give the guy x amount of quarts and he/she gives you vials... anyway i dunno what does everyone else think about feasting pots? are they good the way they are currently? come on whats ur input :P

I think adding the skill to make vials would be a good idea. It could be classified as crafting, giving crafters another way to earn a few coins.

Yeah PoFs are a time/money user - I use to make reasoning potions and then trade them at

MIra for feastings.

Im doing same before update. But since, i consider that the balance between manufacturing things and buy things is broken, and game is going worther and worther.

What is final goal in game ? For most poeple (and i belong to), it is having best weapon, armor or other nice goodies.

Making things is too much time consuming,several month or year for making nice things.Loosing time in sitting and clicking on a mouse (really boring).

So what are most poeple doing ?... havesting to make XP quick and making low items they can sell with max benefit.(sitting and wait too boring again).

But time is shorter and you can do other things in between like playing a real game or surfing on internet, (or what else you want :P).

So does it really make sens for a game ?

You can break down any game or any application on a computer or gaming console for that matter into clicks of a mouse and/or pressing buttons. What makes a good game/application is how long the person wants to sit there clicking that mouse or pressing those buttons.

So the question then comes down to this:

Is Eternal Lands a good game?

That depends. How long have you (general you) spent playing it? :P

------------------------------------

But back to the feasting potions, I suggest this:

Instead of - Wine, Raw Meat, Veggies, Fruit, Vial

Change it to - 2 Cooked Meat, 2 Wine, vial

Cooking the meat is adding a step to the raw meat, also making it not be able to be stored. But since there are no longer fruits or veggies, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But to make the potions a bit more valuable (since we'd be taking away time spent harvesting the fruits and veggies), we make it require 2 wine. And the weight would still be high to keep exploitation low, as the wine would severely bog down players that are trying to carry too much.

[100 FP = 200 wine (400emu) + 200 cooked meat (200emu) +100 vials (100emu) = 700emu

Also this could be a possible supply of gold for newbies, as they can sit around IP campfire cooking the meat and selling it to players: As there would be an increase in its demand.

Also it might add a dynamic to some players who are potioners/summoners. "Do I cook the meat for FP? Or save it for my animals?"

-----

I suppose this would've been better in Suggestions, but I'm not going to create another topic that already exists.

Side note to MagpieLee: You buy wine at Vesine, not Mira.

• Problems to note for making PoFs as opposed to buying them:
  • Meat needed for another skill in high volume.
  • Vial cost increased?
  • Vial no longer a non-consumed part of the potion.
  • Large quantity of non-storable ingrediants involved in making them.

Agreed, there was a vial flood problem, and not returning the vial is a solution for vial flood, but I don't think it was the best possible. I want to propose what could have been better solutions, IMO:

(Assumption: Vial flood was tied largely to the use of PoFs bought from Mira, and not made by players. Vials entered market as either other potions, or as vials themselves, driving down potion prices.)

1.) Increase the price of PoFs from Mira to a point where it is no longer as good or better to buy your potions from her, as to buy from a player or make them yourself.

2.) Decrease the ingredient cost of PoFs, thus making it less costly to make them, and making it more worthwhile to make them or buy from players.

Both of these solutions assume that the problem was too many potions entering the market from Mira, getting consumed, and the vial sticking around. Both propose that the solution should encourage more player manufacture of potions, reducing the problem of vial flood.

The simplest solution to the vial-pile would have been to have had Mira charge a vial plus cash for FPs (ie, she charges for refills).

One thing that bemused me prior to the most recent changes: The trade in used vials still produced a healthy profit. So, from the market point of view we didn't see the dramatic drop in value that one might have expected.

Source:
Bot trading statistics; profits from vial trading, buying and selling with the general public, where high during this period.

Edited by trollson

the value on vials had dropped slightly - I was seeing 3gc instead of 5gc offered for a vial, when I would look on the market. That's pretty much the minimum possible, considering that Harvy charges 3gc + 5 quartz...

The bigger problem was not in the vials themselves, but in the potions made - there was a steady dropping in price of SRs, from what I noticed - seemed to be about 5gc decrease in price in the course of a month or two, which for something that was 22gc, is fairly significant...

Edited by Arnieman

I just had a thought, don't know how good it is though :-)

What about just making vials not storable, and we get the vials from drinking potions again? That would solve both the vial flood and help reduce the price of FP wouldn't it?

@ ravenod

the current cost of meat is 6-8 from what ive heard so imagine that times 2 plus a vial thats quite a bit of money. the current cost is 12 gc so im assuming if you wanted to do youir idea fps would be raised in price.but anyway this is a interesting idea you have tho because then people would need to find a fire near storage and stuff and it would really make the game more interesting but allitle more hasseling but still you have to think alittle more.

@ravenod and magpielee

vials unstorable would be pretty bad but i can think of some ways around it... for instance how about the rarely used hyperspace bags? you could just have a special place with all your vials:P

I just had a thought, don't know how good it is though :-)

What about just making vials not storable, and we get the vials from drinking potions again? That would solve both the vial flood and help reduce the price of FP wouldn't it?

[A long silence]

[silence ends]

...no thx. Imagine training on potions without wine, AND vials unstorable.

1. Well it's better than you have right now, isn't it. Why the condescension?

2. This would solve the biggest gripe I heard which was the fighters wanting to manufacture their potions on the spot with reused vials.

How about just waiting til the vials levels ingame reduces to the required amount that the developers are waiting for before they release the update whereby vials are manuable?

A little patience is all thats needed, a lack of it will only annoy.

I was hoping to see a pof discussion here, not another (sigh) vials discussion :wacko:

The biggest problem that ties to PoFs has been the problem with vials, which was seemingly caused by a problem with (ta-da!) PoFs.

PoF are a pain to make always have been. I did consider myself a potionist but that's one potion I refused to mix (had bad experience with them >.<). I probably will never make another PoF even if Mira's Prices were raised, lol. That would not be fun though :) I wouldn't buy PoFs either. I have too much leather and fes to buy :wacko: But I would find a way around whatever comes.

I like the idea posted by someone in this thread that making vials should be considered as crafting. Moreover, i would like it NOT to require any magic nexus so people can train crafting without wasting pickpoints on nexuses.

Crafting is THE ONLY skill which CANNOT be developed without wasting PPs on proper nexus.

For example, i can easily train manufacturing without spending PP(s) on artificial nexus, alchemy without wasting PPs on any nexus, summoning too, magic too - why Gods cursed citizens of Draia by not giving them ability to become crafters easily? :wacko:

Other skills are f**** just because they don't need PP, why you want to become good in a skill when you don't add pp in it to make higher level stuff? I will never understand p/c whores :P