Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hemp Knight

HempKnight has a mind of his own

ok so i just log into el to the VOTD storage ... i geta resynk like normal when there is alot of ppl there ... then i walk off a lill bit and try to sit down .. all of a sudden my charactor walks off i couldnt contol him .. he walk west straight through the walls around the storage through the grave yard and keept walkin through a mountain untill he reached the edge of the map ..then he sat down lol ...im like hrm ok loged out then back in and i was standing back on the map next to the mountain i had walked through

I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday, in the same place. It was weird. Not only that, my character walked off on her own and then the camera moved away from her, so I couldn't even see her. It was quite an odd feeling.

Logged out and back in and everything was fine.

I know, i know... we try to fix it...

Ahhh look, they made Ent agrrivated :P Entropy just go back and pomle some of those boars!

I know, i know... we try to fix it...

Ahhh look, they made Ent agrrivated :( Entropy just go back and pomle some of those boars!

Oh dear, I didn't mean to. I mean, I didn' think it was very serious actually, and only posted to confirm that hemp knight wasn't the only one. :P

heres an easy way to fix it, i think this is a bug also(but it fixes the probelm) i was extremly bored and decided to lag my computer to help out learner, so i decided to try to fix the ghost walker bug. I found out that ur ghost, although ur MILES away from that house, allows you to enter it as if you were standing right next to it, this fixes the problem instantly, but not completly, hope this helps out people until the bug is fixed. peace :oops:

Any Tport or logging off/top fixes the problem and places you where you belong :P

As Entropy said, we are trying to track down how this happens.

One thing that can cause it is if you don't have ALL the models needed. So, if you are having problems, download the FULL distribution and install it and then desired patches and see if tht gets rid of the problem. This sometimes is related to the same bug that turns you into a Beaver or Gargoyle.

I have posted this bug twice it has happened to me 9 or 10 times (can't remember)

Yep I was there too, 2 or 3 times.

One time, near Grim's, it looked like somehow the 'click' coordinates didn't correspond to the 'visual' coordinates anymore. A new 'center spot', a few feet from the spot what should've been the center (where I was standing like it looked on screen) - so when I clicked left to this new 'center spot', I walked the corresponding distance to the left, etc.

But when I logged out and back in, I was standing at the spot what seemed like that 'new center spot'. So I think it's not the click coordinates which are out of place, but somehow the character model gets displayed at the wrong place. I hope this helps with the bug tracking. :D