Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nicky

Banned?

Hi,

I've been playing quite a while.

I have 3 laptops and have been playing as crosis, auction and butters on them.

I never let them interact.

I was hauling Iron in south redmoon when i entered the storage, then left my laptops to get some food.

I came back after eating and i saw that i had been kicked by soldus.

Upon reading the preceding chat log, i found that when i entered the storage, i must have clicked on a bag that was in the storage area. I saw a bunch of pms from some pissed off folks wanting thier bag back, which i can understand.

I then had a PM from soldus asking if i was a macro, but by that time I hadn't moved at all for quite a while, im sure my afk msg would have been on by then.

the next message from soldus was a kick saying "Answer Me", and now i can't get into any of my 3 accounts.

I was not macroing, i was not trying to jump anyone's bags, im sorry i walked onto someones bag and walked away from my comp, and i'm sorry i wasn't at my keyboard to answer Soldus when he asked for one, but do i really deserve to have my accounts disabled?

so comon... can't we all be friends again?

crosis

*Edit* sorry, thought i was in storage becauase that was the last message i got that said (You have entered xxx), but actually i had left the storage and went back to the iron cave. I send my character back to my spot and walked away as he head for the spot, your bag must have been there. didnt' mean to make anyone mad, i had been harvesting besides those folks all day, and had spoke with me earlier about the fact that they didnt like me so close to thier bag, but i had no intention on taking whatever they had in there, if you looked at my accounts like crosis, you know that i don't need whatever they had.

Here is the location of the chatlog screenshots from the time i entered storage to the time i was kicked, i don't know how much it helps prove that i was not macroing, but it can confirm why i thought i was in storage when i was kicked, and also that i was sent to abuse, soldus came and told me to get off thier guild bag, then kicked me for not answering. Even though i did not mean to land on anyone's bag, is that now a bannable offence?

*Edit: checked my afk settings, afk timeout was set to 0

Screenshots

Edited by nicky

Well nicky, some of the things you stated here, are not entirely true:

1.) You were not inside a storage. Maybe one of your various other characters was, but not Butters. This all happened inside the Redmoon Island Mines

2.) You were NOT AFK. You stood there all the time (several minutes) without replying to pms and in local chat. There was no message and you didn't sit down.

3.) I have pmed you before that all happened and you didn't reply either.

4.) You always moved to the spot right next to me, and never replied to me. And I'm not talking about a time span of a few minutes, we are talking about an hour here.

so much about that.

Well nicky, some of the things you stated here, are not entirely true:

1.) You were not inside a storage. Maybe one of your various other characters was, but not Butters. This all happened inside the Redmoon Island Mines

2.) You were NOT AFK. You stood there all the time (several minutes) without replying to pms and in local chat. There was no message and you didn't sit down.

3.) I have pmed you before that all happened and you didn't reply either.

4.) You always moved to the spot right next to me, and never replied to me. And I'm not talking about a time span of a few minutes, we are talking about an hour here.

so much about that.

I edited my post before you posted, i had the impression that i was in sto because the chat log had that as the last message for my location, you dont get a message when you leave sto or enter the mines aparently.

I was totally afk. the chat logs do not show that i sent an afk message, but i was not at the keyboard. i simply click on my blank bmp for the mines and it goes to those coords. thats why i was at the same spot each time, i just click the coordinates and he walks there.

And like i said, i am on 3 machines at the same time, if i go from one to the other and you PM me, i may not see it, and if i'm harvesting, im not paying too much attention to the conversation, as i have guildchat to pay attention to.

But was anything missing from your bag?? im sure there wasn't because i wasn't there to pick anything up! i dont even know what was in it. I had no intention on taking your bag, or your stuff, i just wanted him to be standing at the iron when i got back so i could resume mining.

Edited by nicky

The abuse was sent not because you were on our bag, but your failure to reply which made us suspect possible afk harvesting/macroing.

[23:36:49] [Gampa @ 3]: selling steel chains, shields, iron helms, tit shorts, 2k vials and 500 magic ess. pm me.

just before u entered storage...

[23:41:20] [bahador @ 3]: buying spirt rest with vials pm me with ur offers

on same page but around 5 minutes later. the next thing on your screeny shows kl4uz's local chat about you having stepped onto the ACE mixing bag, followed by:-

[23:41:29] [issira_Enradril @ 3]: selling iron cuisses and greave.. 4.5k each

which gives us an accurate time index for the time you stepped onto the bag.

[23:51:08] [mediel @ 3]: List you items to buy/sell on Mediel. It's you who make the prices. PM /mediel help.

Gives us the time index for when you were Mod PM'd by soldus. Now given that the standard afk autokickin is @ 5 minutes, unless you happen to have set yours for longer, then you will need to explain how you could be afk but the message system didnt work for you.

It was still a further 4 minutes before you got booted as shown by:-

[23:55:10] [tarayon @ 3]: selling 1 efe for 4000 gc

And you claim you noticed nothing??

I post this not because of the loss of my guilds items but in the honest conviction you have been using some kind of macro for harvesting and had your auto-afk turned off so it didnt interrupt the macro. The above is evidence submitted with this in mind as per:-

2. An exception will be made IF a third party has relevant information/proof.

- PYEwacket

I was not macroing!

If someone with access to the server logs looks at them they will see:

I entered the south redmoon cave

I clicked the coords of the iron where my marker was

I made no other clicks after that.

If i was macroing, then wouldn't it start harvesting? My screenshots show no "you have started to harvest iron ore" messages!

This can all be resolved if someone looks at the server logs.

I have waited six days for a reply to my post from a mod.

I was not macroing, and i posted all the evidence i have.

There is no evidence to support a macroing charge, and none has been posted here.

If the only reason i was kicked was because soldus can kick people for bagjumping his guild, then I just want that to be made clear to everyone else in this forum.

I contend that soldus has over-reached his authority by banning all of my accounts because one of them landed on his bag. If it was someone in his guild who landed on a bag belonging to IRON, no action would have been taken by a moderator because it is within the rules.

I respectfully ask Ent to review this case and ask again that my accounts of crosis, butters and auction be restored.

Erm none of these people are in Soldus' guild :D

Also another thing has been bothering me...how can you enter or exit a storage or cave/mine while "totally afk"?

Also another thing has been bothering me...how can you enter or exit a storage or cave/mine while "totally afk"?

I don't want to deefend anybody or anything like that, but i think he made it pretty clear that he had a blank map in place and the iron coords marked; he walked in (obviously not afk), clicked on the mark (obviously not afk, again) then left the computer. I do that a bunch of times, both on "outside" maps and in caves. It's never happened to me to land on anybody's bag, but I can see how it _can_ happen. And he's got a point, if he didnt start harvesting, how is he a macroer?

OTOH I switched my AFK to 0 minutes (i can go afk manually and stay that way even when stopping/starting harvesting; when im reading forums, doing other work while harvesting i prefer to stay afk, helps with the pm's). Will this get me catalogued as a macroer? If it will, why does the client allow for the AFK message to be customized and the timeout to be set to 0? It should be specified in the rulse that messing with the AFK settings is illegal.

Just my 2cents.

OTOH I switched my AFK to 0 minutes (i can go afk manually and stay that way even when stopping/starting harvesting; when im reading forums, doing other work while harvesting i prefer to stay afk, helps with the pm's). Will this get me catalogued as a macroer? If it will, why does the client allow for the AFK message to be customized and the timeout to be set to 0? It should be specified in the rulse that messing with the AFK settings is illegal.

This was a piece of information that imo is totally irrelevent and everybody is jumping all over. I also set mine to 0 and my afk message never goes off. Means nothing.

I also notice that he was afk for soooooooooooooooo long, according to his own story, and supposedly in those chatlogs, yet notice in the chatlog that immediately after soldus booted him, he was trying to reconnect immediately. That looks to me like an automated client or he was NOT afk as he was claiming.

I'm also still not convinced on the mapwalking part, a few stories changed and locations in the telling...

I also would be interested in the other 2 logs from the other 2 laptops/accounts...

This was a piece of information that imo is totally irrelevent and everybody is jumping all over. I also set mine to 0 and my afk message never goes off. Means nothing.

I also notice that he was afk for soooooooooooooooo long, according to his own story, and supposedly in those chatlogs, yet notice in the chatlog that immediately after soldus booted him, he was trying to reconnect immediately. That looks to me like an automated client or he was NOT afk as he was claiming.

When you get disconnected, no further messages are sent, hence there could be an unlimited amount of time between the disconnect and me hitting nay key which would cause a reconnect. No other messages would be between those log entries.

I'm also still not convinced on the mapwalking part, a few stories changed and locations in the telling...

I caught my error in location before anyone else posted, and placed an edit explaining why along with my screenshots that prove why i thought i was in storage.

I also would be interested in the other 2 logs from the other 2 laptops/accounts...

I'll gladly post the logs, since all of my laptops share one source for the game (so i can share maps and marked coords) the log file contains all entries from all three instances of the game running on different machines (game path is shared out to all 3 machines over the network, so chat entries show up multiple times in the log).

It's over 10MB in size, so can you specify how far back you want to go into the logs?

Also, my blank map was named: cont2map16_insides.bmp and here are the marked coords i had for this location in my cont2map16_insides.elm.txt file:

95 82 exit

108 197 iron ore

These are the 2 places i went back and forth to while harvesting that location. Why would i mark locations in an area without a map unless i had a blank for it?

Need any more information, just let me know.

Since another week has past, I would like to restate my request that my accounts be restored. I've provided even more information and offered to post the logs you've asked for, I just need to know how far back you want me to go because they are huge.

I've provided all available information to prove i was not macroing, there has not been anything said that provides that I was macroing. While I was afk, my accounts were just standing there, no harvesting, no mixing, no fighting. Macroing implies that some automated/semi-automated action take place, or some code or process provides some type of advantage (perhaps not all macros perform clicks or issue commands), but there was none in this case. My gameplay has been in good faith.

I humbly ask if you will now please enable the accounts crosis, butters and auction?

Well, since noone has responded or let me know how far back in the logs they want, i went and tried to post the logs ( tried to post the whole day, but the site has around a 100k limit). So i posted it on gigasize, here is the url to download:

Logs for machines 1 and 2

Please note the long periods of time in which I walked away and my accounts were ALL inactive, even though the log runs much of the day, i was helping take care of my daughter, do some light work around the house, and go about my day as usual and return to play when i get a free moment to do so.

There was a point in which i switched the computer Butters was running on and that machine had a local install of EL for performance reasons ( it used wireless, which was slower for sharing EL files ), so the log from auction from 17:30 onwards is posted here as machine log 3 ( i had been running 2 accounts on one machine and 1 account on the second machine before this, but due to performance reasons, i busted out the third laptop)

Machine 3 log

These logs will match the server logs exactly and are even further proof that i was not macroing.

I ask again that you please restore my accounts. I've been patiently trying to work with the mods in this forum to provide detailed information that disproves a macroing charge. The last posting by Aislinn had reasons for keeping me banned that are not even valid, like this comment:

immediately after soldus booted him, he was trying to reconnect immediately. That looks to me like an automated client or he was NOT afk as he was claiming.

to which i responded:

When you get disconnected, no further messages are sent, hence there could be an unlimited amount of time between the disconnect and me hitting nay key which would cause a reconnect. No other messages would be between those log entries.

The log shows that over a minute and a half went by before i got back to my keyboard, and it looks like i was only afk for 15 minutes! And I also had to click thru the I ACCEPT screen. So you're telling me that a macro waited approx a minute and a half, then knew how to click thru the "You've been cheating screen" and then try to log back in? It did not happen! I walked past my den, saw all my screens on the "you've been cheating window" and I thought What is going on??? then accepted and tried to reconnect.

here are the portions of the logs that show this:

machines 1 and 2 log:

[18:55:03] Disconnected from server!

[18:55:03] Press Alt-x to close the game

[18:55:03] You were booted by Soldus!

[18:55:07] [tarayon @ 3]: selling 1 efe for 4000 gc

[18:55:08] Disconnected from server!

[18:55:08] Press Alt-x to close the game

[18:55:08] You were booted by Soldus!

[18:56:54] Connecting to Server...

[18:56:55] Disconnected from server!

Third machine log:

[18:55:18] You were booted by Soldus!

[18:56:41] Connecting to Server...

The first instance that i could see on the log of someone complaining about thier bag was this:

[18:41:23] kl4Uz: onfg

[18:41:28] kl4Uz: butters get off

Then i got

[18:50:28] [PM from Soldus: what are you doing?]

[18:50:59] [Mod PM from Soldus: answer me]

[18:52:15] You were sent to the Newbie Helper by Soldus.

[18:55:18] You were booted by Soldus!

[18:56:41] Connecting to Server...

so perhaps a mod can tell me, at what point does the cheat window with the I accept button appear? at the newbie help message at 18:52:15, or the boot message at 18:55:18, because perhaps even more time went by between getting kicked and me returning to the keyboard.

Can we now finally put this to rest and re-enable my accounts? There is no other information I know of that i can provide. I ask again, if you beleive i was macroing, then please look at the server logs and prove it, don't go by the fact that i was AFK!

It should not be a bannable offence to be AFK, if you're going to ban me for macroing, at least show at least one shred of evidence that i was macroing! Anything at all showing that i automated tasks, Anything showing that I auto harvested! Anything showing that there was cheating! I tell you there is no evidence, because I play fair and in the spirit of the game.

I ask again that you please restore my accounts.

crosis

unlocked your main crosis for now, your alts are still locked until we had time to investigate this completely.

just a tip for the future, next time contact me (i.e. the concerned mod) directly and try to explain what happened, a lengthy forum discussion is not only (at the edge of) breaking rule #26, but also only slowing things down.

I'd like to add:

1. I stated some of my concerns and thoughts. I never said you were being banned for those or not unbanned for those.

2. You were not banned for being afk. AFKness turns into a red flag when other red flags are raised.

3. Still curious about that hysterical outburst accusing Soldus about abusing his mod powers to help his guild. 1000% untrue for several reasons, yet no comment on that again from you, not even an apology.

4. I still for the life of me can't imagine how you had no idea where you were.

5. No answer about why you feel the need to run 3 characters.

6. I'm not satisfied with your "easier to use the maps" explanation for running 3 clients on 3 different machines from one source...an awful lot of trouble and mess for something so simple as marking maps.

7. Edited chatlogs are worthless, which is why your offer of them was not taken up.

8. Screenshots of all that for only one character? You had the forethought to save one machine's logs on screenies but not the other two... Curious...

9. I am very uncomfortable with how much you really didn't know about this (where you were, who the people reporting you were, who the mod was and the fact he is not, and never was affiliated with their guild, etc). Going afk for "15 minutes" should not have made you this oblivious.

10. In my opinion, you have proven nothing other than you have a good skill for redirecting the attention to non-issues by muddying the facts with a lot of talk and trying to create a public uproar. Again, this is not what got you banned. In case you have forgotten, I was not the mod involved.

Again, these are just some of my concerns.

unlocked your main crosis for now, your alts are still locked until we had time to investigate this completely.

just a tip for the future, next time contact me (i.e. the concerned mod) directly and try to explain what happened, a lengthy forum discussion is not only (at the edge of) breaking rule #26, but also only slowing things down.

Thank you very much. I sincerely apologize for my accusation regarding guild affiliation and abuse of mod powers, i was wrong and should not have said it.

I would like to address some of the list of questions posted by Aislinn and will do so via PM to you and Aislinn. I look forward to working this out to the satisfaction of all of us involved.

Thanks again,

crosis

Hi again,

I've posted some PMs to the mods in this forum and it's been about 3 weeks since you said that you needed to investigate further when you had time. I'm wondering how much longer it will be until you have the time to come to a conclusion and (hopefully) unlock butters and auction.

Thanks,

crosis