Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Ownafests

Being the rational person I am, I thought of the following (probably proposed before, but I didn't see it in the last two pages, or anywhere explicitly stated it's impossible):

During certain time of the day, so called ownafests occur, at a designated map. Players gather in some sort of lobby, and wait for the festivities to begin. When some time comes ( i.e. 0000) They get teleported to an arena-style (nonPK) map, with multicombat, and then wave, upon wave, upon wave, upon wave of monsters spawn (ignorin mm). And I'm talking like 30-40 monsters in a tight area, also apart from the drops, potions continuosly spawn, and there is a leaderboard, with a score based on:

+How much damage you dealt (Yes, not kills)

+Kill bonus (small to prevent abuse)

+Amount of health generated while healing other players

-Amount of damage taken

-Number of time self-healed (very small penalty but it will add up if jou are underpowered)

-Number of times fleeing (succesful only)

And this score would then transfer into gold OR exp.

The top three players will have their character models displayed on one of those top three things, with a small tub filled with blood and bones proportinate to their score (with a fixed bottom AxB tiles and the heigh C will be determined by the score).

The last one is just eye candy, but it will r0k.

So opinions? Whining? Various pieces of currency?

heard similar ideas, but nothing identical. Personally i like it.

Just to clear things up, what happens if you die during? do you gain exp whilst in the arena? can you exit once it is started?

An interesting way of announcing one of these is to have a poster or note on a noticeboard somewhere like WSC townhall, you click it and it tells you the next scheduled Killfest.

If you die how will you get back in?

And what about DB's?

This sounds like Bagjumper Paradise....

If you die you get a percentage of the exp or gold you would have won normaly if you finished with your dying score. If you die and loose your db, though crap - you aint getting it back. Although it can be balanced if you lose your bag after long enough fighing you could probably have gotten enough gold to recover your stuff, and if you are with friends they can take it to you. Also there could be several maps , which are level dependant.

Yet another outstanding idea turned to chat. :(

I suppose the eye-candy bit is technicaly feasible. (open gl , correct me if I'm wrong)

Sounds to me like an invasion in a can, with scorekeeping and emmy awards added in (you know, that ceremony where the same small group of people congratulate themselves over and over and over...), displayed olympic style.

:D

pros:

-people having a blast at invasions can have more fun, without burdening those who don't

-way to make cash as a fighter

-slightly quicker exp for higher levels

cons:

-might be laggy

Also aislinn, you should note, it would be lvl'd, so people will advance and face tougher monsters, so you will almost constantly get new faces.

Good idea, But I have a feeling something might go wrong, And good idea Aislinn.

So how about we also have one for crafters...Throw all the crafters in one spot, toss in wave after wave of gold and silver rings, efe's, diamonds, rubies, emeralds, sanding papers... and whoever makes the most in the allotted time wins. Of course they get extra exp and gc for sharing...

:unsure: