Eternal Lands Official Forums

Artificer Cloak: It would be red and give you the Artificer perk, allowing the increased chance of making something valuable. (enriched essences, modable swords, etc.)

I Glow in the Dark Cape: It would be lime green and give the I Glow in the Dark perk, meaning everytime you or your opponent score a successful hit, your opponent takes 2 points of radiation damage. ( could be deadly in PK? :P )

Any opinions?

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Artificer Cloak: It would be red and give you the Artificer perk, allowing the increased chance of making something valuable. (enriched essences, modable swords, etc.)

I don't think it's good idea. The perk is worth really much, thus cape should be dropped by 1/10000 giant and, please, any other colour, but red.

I Glow in the Dark Cape: It would be lime green and give the I Glow in the Dark perk, meaning everytime you or your opponent score a successful hit, your opponent takes 2 points of radiation damage. ( could be deadly in PK? :P )

Any opinions?

Let's just have God Mode Cape then!

Might work, but considering it's usage notes like above: really, really rare.

Well, Giants are very tough to beat, so I would think something slightly less, like maybe Yetis, or Chims.

And if anything, you could buy one from the Cape Seller, for maybe upwards of 10k.

And if not red..... pink? xD

Edited by Just_A_Guy

not good as in 'thumbs up', good as in would give a distinct advantage. We do not need these capes. If all perks were made into capes, it would make Perks bought with pick points obsolete,

why not invent boots of nexii whilst your at it :P

ok :P

Human Nexus Boots: Gives you +1 Human Nexus. Dropped by Fluffy Rabbits.

Inorganic Nexus Boots: Gives you +1 Inorganic Nexus. Dropped by Forest Chimerans.

Artificial Nexus Boots: Gives you +1 Artificial Nexus. Dropped by Male Goblins ( unarmed :) ) and Cyclopses.

:D

i guess they dont have sarcasm where your from...i think there will be more capes, but i think ent and roj will be more selective of the perks they give.

I know you were being sarcastic.....jeez. :D

Dont invoke my creativeness, is all. :P

I think the artificer cape is a great idea but it would have to be a very very very rare drop of a super high level monster and be worth around 200k. That would be good since the perk is worth alot. We dont want alot of enriched things being made because of the price going down on them.

I Glow in the Dark Cape: It would be lime green and give the I Glow in the Dark perk, meaning everytime you or your opponent score a successful hit, your opponent takes 2 points of radiation damage. ( could be deadly in PK? :) )

Any opinions?

I asure u that this perk is useless on PK, no1 would use that capes to figh/kill some1.

NMT, anti-brod/bod/mana burn and of course most beloved Mirror cape r just way better :)

eMPi

Edited by masterpiter

Even if Artificer Cloak is very very rare and expensive, as time passing by, it would become not so rare (cause nobody would fight with it). Also Cloak cant break but making items, it is not a tool, you arent making EFEs with cloak :)

But idea is good, it could be done with some expensive potions, spells which gives you 1hour of Artificer Perk. So if you wonna play with luck, pay for it :P

I understand that Entropy has recently added the NMT perk as a cloak...

But I don't think we should have a cloak for every perk. Right now a good number of people have the Artificer perk. They took it and spent a lot of pick points to have an edge on things like Enriched Essences, Modable Swords and recently uber secret items like the Steel Helm of Mana.

Suddenly throwing in Artificer Cloak would be a slap in the face to those people who have already spent the pick points. In addition... even a very low drop rate would start flooding market in time. As it is I see NMT cloaks on just about every fighter (high level mind you) that walks VotD. If we added this cloak every manu storage would be everyone in that cloak in 6 months.

An artificer cloak would be a mistake. In addition to Ghrae's points...

Even with a tiny drop rate they would accumulate, since there is no way for them to exit the game.

Limiting (full blown) perks to capes and cloaks means that you can only have one item-based perk, in addition to those you spend pick points on.

Pick points are the one truely limited resource in character development; and we don't want to dilute their value by making PP'able perks too easy to accumulate by other means.

Still that is no reason why other items cannot have special perks or properties in future; provided they are balanced. There is no reason why perks must be on capes, or must be available to buy from the Wraith.

A perk is a game feature which has to be handled seperately (ie, coded for). Using one set of perks for both cloaks and PickPoints saved development effort -- twice the in-game features for the effort.

Please no artificer cape! I am one of those (daft you may say :)) people that spent the 7pps on artificer. It is a very powerful perk, and should not be so easy to get as from a cape. No matter how rare the drop, we'll still see plenty of them in market, as we have more than enough fighters bashing away to get plenty of them dropped (just look at the NMT capes). Not to mention, that no matter how expensive the cape is, it will soon make its money back in no time with the increasing value of enriched essences.

So anyway, as has been said, if all the perks were available as capes, what would be the point of paying pps for them? Though, like MagpieLee and trollson, I would like to see some new, less powerful perks attached to bracelets or medallions and such, particularly medallions - we have a whole host of rings to craft, but only 4 types of medallions (2 of which are generally considered useless). Since medallions are already wearable, it seems like it would be easy enough to do. One just needs to be careful what sort of advantages the 'mini-perks' would offer, so as not to have them too powerful used in combination with the already existing capes.