Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Read first.

Why the ban??? just doing some reading for a friend they are not inter acting!

Guest drewf

This is Snowden - I play one player in the EG clan.

I play quietly - and spend a lot of time helping new characters.

It appears my step-son has been using my machine - and if he has taken any action to get my IP banned - then please accept my appologies. I will ban him from using my machines.

The IP in question is 68.158.41.1.

Please specift the nature of the abuse that has transpired.

Thanks

Drew

I was disconnected for swearing on the newbie channel. The word I said was sh*t, which I only learned was a swear-word today. And my whole IP was completely banned for telling Cicero that this disconnection was unjustified. Please give me another chance. I am only 13 years old, and Eternal Lands is a really awesome game. :|

That wasn't the only swear word you said, or the only thing you did to deserve a ban. Start a separate thread.

lets see here.....i was banned for....well i don't know what i was banned for and i was in the game for more that 30 seconds.....and i don't have a little brother or a step son or anything younger than me.

just un-ban me for the love of god.

Guest hello

i was spamming on forums alot when i was drunk, i am sry for this and promise this will not happen again.

Guest MetLinux_LNX

My IP banned. I don't know why. Maybe my stupid brother done something.

inet addr:81.198.165.183

Guest koopaling

Ok, I just downloaded the game and haven't created an account yet but when I tried to get on it sayed I was I.P. banned. Does that mean I have do download something else or is it a glitch? :)

Guest koopaling

I love role playing games with actual roleplaying in them and I think this is one so can some one tell how to find my IP address and post it so I can see(if it is role playing or not) If not Ill just uninstall the game.

Yes, you do in fact have a roleplaying IP address. However, the character that it plays (a troll named Headinass) is actually for a game called RuneScape. You should probably go and try your roleplaying IP address over there.

I'll save you the trouble - this game is not exactly 100% roleplaying. In fact, it's barely even 10% roleplaying. We're having a lot of difficulty even organising roleplaying groups in the game. Most of the people just play it like any other MMORPG.

EDIT: I mean, MMOG

-Lyn-

Oh, I see. I misunderstood.

The answer to your question is that you're probably Canadian, and we banned about 1/2 of Canada and some of the Northern US because they talk funny.

If you could explain what you meant a little more clearly, to be honest, i dont even think jesus could have deciphered what u said previously.

Guest Bluemuse

I just downloaded the game and it said I was banned. So I came here looking for an explanation, only to discover that all of Canada is banned? Yet I can't for the life of me find a valid reason on the forums. If someone coulld provide me with an explanation, I'd appreciate it, because I am frankly more than a little offended that I can't play a game because of my nationality. Someone fill me in?

Not all of Canada, but unfortunately about half of Canada. We've had excessive abuse from a few canadian users, who unfortunately were on dynamic IP (meaning they get a new IP everytime they connect), and thus can't just be banned. So, Entropy complained to their ISP, but they weren't willing to cooperate, so the only possible way of getting rid of those troublemakers was to ban the entire ISP.

Unfortunately, about half of the canadian internet users use this ISP :) This is not something we like to do, but there was no other solution.

The other alternative would be to allow those troublemakers to ruin the game, and in that case, there wouldn't be any game for you to play.