Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LordGordon

Regarding water essences

I suppose this is more of a question than a suggestion but; the ingredients of a water essence are:

1 Blue Lupine

1 Blue Quartz

1 Blue Star Flower

1 Sapphire

and they only give 10 base xp at Lvl 2 in Alchemy; now I figure that the reason for this is that most new players tend to do nothing but harvest for a while, gaining money and a high harvesting skill, but even so Saphires require a lvl 37 harvesting skill or to buy them from Harvey, never mind that the book to harvest them is 10k.

My question really is, why so little experience for something that requires so much work to obtain the ingredients for especialy when it is something new alchemists are supposed to be able to make almost right away? Is this intentional?

To me atleast it would seem to make sense to have something like this at a higher level, around the 20s or something, I do know people who make purely water and fire essences just to sell to manufacturers or to manufacture, by moving this up higher it would encourage more development of the Alchemy skill from a manufacturing point of view. At the very least I think it deserves more experience.

But then again there may be a perfectly good reason for this so who knows.

Air essences are used for the invisibility and true sight.

As for the experience, I will consider increasing it a little.

I always assumed that the difficulty of water essence slowed gem polishing somewhat.The game is awash with craft stuff as it is.

As to air essence not being used in game.Ive sold about 10k air essence in the last couple of months.

Actually I never even thought about their use in crafting, probably because I haven't started it yet lol.

Any increase would be fanastic.

Air essences are used for the invisibility and true sight.

As for the experience, I will consider increasing it a little.

I used heaps of air essences when i trained magic with mana drain. When i reach p/c to fight chims again i will restart magic training mana draining them. :brooding: Air ess is far from unused, i see many people on market wanting to buy them to train magic.

That said, the exp is low compared to the ingreds, 1 diamond and 1 silver ore for 30's exp is low, imho.

I agree. While you're at it, do the same with Air ess. no one uses them

Sarcasm... ? :huh:

yep :)

Ahhhhh air ess... :mace: where would I be without you? :hug:

Edited by MagpieLee