Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Nederlander si teh banned

Erm didn't wanna start a new topic but ent, you spelt banned wrong on the forum description.

sorry to be a bitch, but ..eh

Well if you really want to solve this problem just get up to where you can do a local teleport and carry essences and spirit rests with you :cry: lol this wouldn't be much of a help to non mages though

soooo... if you could do that you can beam pass the bridge blockers :) so ya ok w/e

I like the fist fight idea, lol, I want to do that anyway when I see scammers! I would love to give them a good punch they make me so mad.

I like the prison idea too.

Entropy, i know you said that you would rather move people than write the coding. but im sure you know full well that actually needing mods to stop this kind of thing is a really bad way of going about things. Especially if the game becomes really big.

When you create a new character i recall it mentioning something about us all being see through and spirits and stuff. How about making characters 1/2 visible and able to be walked through if they are afk for more than 2 minutes or something

Hi all,

after reading this thread i have the following thoughts:

Problem: people blocking bridges. i have done it myself because connection probems and shouted a very loud SORRY after i could move again.

Reason: Some bridges are to small and some ppl have connection problems. and some others are mad and abuse the small bridges.

Question: Why are these bridges too small? do you want to produce this problem? Is it an integral part of EL that some bridges MUST be so small, and if not, the game is not playabe anymore?

Solution: JUST MAKE ALL BRIDGES SO SMALL THAT 2 PPL CAN PASS!!!!

Is this so hard to understand?

That's besides the point. If you have connection problems you lag out in 45 seconds, so there is no problem. Just ebcause you can technically do something doesn't mean it's in compliance with the rules.

If I may add my two cents...

I have recently discovered a verrrrrry useful spell. There's nothing that can piss off a cretin that tries to block your way (I mean on purpose) like a good "teleport at range"...

"Pay me to cross the bridge !"

"Pay ? Bridge ? Where ?" *zap !*

And then you can rejoice by reading the various insults the poor idiot will undoubtedly fire on his keyboard, achieving nothing but making himself ridiculous. :P

Of course, not everybody can use that spell, with all the requirements (level, sigils, essences), yet it is not hard to obtain (heh, I could do it myself)... :?

Another thing. I have noticed that, on the most crowded maps, a bridge is not the only way to get to a point. You can turn around a bugger with a little more time and travel. It saves you the complaints, and it gives you the satisfaction not to yield to that bugger's revendications... :roll:

Yeah time consuming, but I have played games where there is an actual prison. When arrested or taken into custody everythin you own is taken even stuff in bank. YOu must pay 10% of what all the stuff isestimated to be at, and then you got to pay the fine as well. And until the fines are payed you get no xp at all. The tiems if not collected within the day are thrown away/autioned off by a merchant class player. The player gains nothing but merchant xp lol.

Good game

I agree, that's one of the problems.

USUALLY you don't try and get yourself banned if you've been playin for months...

Mostly, abusers haven't been playing long/don't intend to. E.g., the people who create a character to advertise RS...

maybe a solution for bridgeblockers in a nice way=

if a person stands 3min on the same place near a bridge, tp him to beam

Guest Namon

In general I'd say yes.... or at least a fair warning, but in this case (and several other cases with other people) he deserved what he got. He was trying to extract a toll to cross the bridge. He was warned repeatedly and even started to tell us he was going to attack us and kill us if we didn't pay (obviously a noob since it was a non PK map).

In other cases I've seen they were all given multiple warnings. If a ban is the only way to teach someone a lesson then so be it. As far as I know Nederlander hasn't done it since and I've seen him so I know he is playing.

Make the offenders pinadas they will remain pinatas until they get all their stuff beaten out of them. That should teach them and make the good people happy! Also make sure they can't dump their stuff :twisted:

Entropy,

What I don't understand is why not put in the extra work and effort, maybe take a few suggestions into mind about a prison, etc to punish those such as bridge blockers a little better than just banning them?

It seems like the whole prison idea is going over well and everyone has gotten excited about it...and if those who donate to fund the game suggest something that would make them want to play more often, then why not do the extra coding and make them happy?

When this game evolves and gets bigger, how in the world will you ban everyone who does a bad deed? Wouldn't that be chaotic?

You say that you want game players to help evolve the storyline, etc...but once you don't like an idea, due to coding, and I quote:

I'd rather boot/ban than spending my time coding useless things.

...you shoot the suggestions down. Wouldn't it earn you respect and more cashflow in the long run when this game turns into a pay to play, to take in suggestions and ideas and really consider them, even if there is a little work to be done to accomplish them? A little coding never hurt anyone...and isn't coding what a game-maker does best? :)

I have an idea to stop blocking. Place a sort of invisible teleporter on each bridge. It would be the same as one of those one way blue teleporters, and it would teleport someone to the side of the bridge. The only difference is that it would only teleport them if they stood there for 10 seconds. I don't know the code for the teleporters, but I think it could be done by modifying the teleporter code slightly.