Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Nederlander si teh banned

One word: N-E-W-B HA that is funny asking the creator of the game to pay to pass a bridge :shock:

Newb?

Fucking idiot, I'd say. The son of a bitch makes me almost ashamed to be dutch.

Well Grum if it makes u feel better i am Dutch too and I dont ask ppl to pay to pass I jus flood storages with tons of beavers/rabbits/rats :P

why dont you just make the bridges bigger???????????????????

Seems stupid to tempt these kids like that, what a ball he must have had doing it. I remember talking to cindy about this last year, it wont go away, and leaving up to players to be considerate or get banned. Why call it an rpg??? they can only play 1 role, that of the nice guy, and who wants to be nice all the time?

Some bridges are large, some are small. Simple as that.

As for other players wanting people to get banned... Do you think i stay at the bridges check to see if someone is blocking them? No, that's not how it goes. If people complain about a blocker, and I go there, warn the blocker, boot him, and he still blocks the bridge, of course that person gets banned, and I doubt the other players mind this.

Why call it an rpg??? they can only play 1 role, that of the nice guy, and who wants to be nice all the time

Allright, then we should also implement fines and a prison ingame. Lock 'em up for a couple of weeks, give them a pick axe and let them hack away at rocks for no exp.

Allright, then we should also implement fines and a prison ingame. Lock 'em up for a couple of weeks, give them a pick axe and let them hack away at rocks for no exp.

Now, There's an Idea! I like that one. Map a Map that's kind of like the Underworld with NPC by the Exit. Just Teleport them there and they have to talk to the NPC which gives you a Pickaxe and you must Mine a Certain Amount of Rocks or Ore or something and give it to the NPC before you can leave. What would be even more cruel would be that Player's have to Starve! If they have a low food level, they can't eat and have to mine at the level!

I think this would be a great idea!!!! Also maybe have something like making some non-pk town areas (portland maybe?) pk once they implement guards there and if u get seen pk another player then u get sent to the dungeon for a certain time and lose anything u have on u. Just a thought, this could be adjusted: i really like the dungeon for blockers though, but why cant it be for some other things too? You could even create some type of alignment system for this!

*apologizes for not posting this in suggestions*

I always felt like a real Nederlander and suddenly I feel much less like one... :shock:

Ah well, since the suggestion forum expanded to here :), as an alternative for banning: make a new mod command #outlaw <person>. Instead of banning someone, he gets an outlaw flag next to his name, so every player can attack him regardless of being in a PK map. :twisted:

Of course he can't initiate a combat himself...

Ow darn! one flaw: I guess many (especially highlevel) players LOVE to become an outlaw... :?

Okay, the ban to the mining prison is a better punishment... I really like that one!!

NPCtropy: To get out of here, you have to mine 5000 rocks. Each time you're full, you can deposit your load to my storage.

Rock: 14 EMU, non-stackable. :twisted:

Well true but even taking into account the Time it'll take to fulfill the Requirement, even by Macroing, it’s still a perfect punishment to first time offenders, who by the way only make nuisances of themselves because of immature boredom. People like that don’t often take the time or effort to stand around letting a Macro Play itself. It’s just too boring for these types. But here’s a adjustment that might keep Macros at bay: Lower the Amount necessary to mine but make it where the offender can only mine 100 rocks per hour (or whatever time is deemed appropriate). Having to work to earn the right play the game again is one thing but making the work long and boring will make many of the more immature offenders give up and quit themselves, saving you the trouble of banning them, and this is will certainly improve the level of maturity of the players online.

It's still a nice place to dump Offenders to get them out of the way for a while, which is accomplished the same as just teleporting them away but with this method, not only does it send a sticker message against repeat offenders but also adds to the game itself. And you can extend it to include more offenses then merely being a nuisance too. Adding to the game and story: this is what makes things interesting and the simple Fact that it's Interesting means people could really accept it.

An Alternative to that is of course a Day Prison. Just teleport offenders into a Room they can only leave once they spend a whole day there (24 hours, real time). Granted, this would probably be the simplest way to do it besides banning them completely but there’s just no “Flare†in that. People aren’t as afraid of being banned as they are of playing yet doing absolutely nothing for 24 hours. Well, I know that’ll kill me! Doing this will cause people to want to bring back the Suicide Option, which will still give the same effect. Added to this will be an automatic Muting so they will be driven nuts from the lack of anything to do!

Ok, since in real life people could block bridges, how bout the ability to through that person off the bridge, like someone might do in real life. The person could fall off and end up on the shore somewhere a couple of feet downstream (shown as a teleport).

We can sit, walk forward and turn sideways, why not jump? Why not make an option for a char to jump 3 spaces forward? *Thinks of Matrix*

:lol:

Why not include a fist fight feature? no exp given and you dont lose anything. It would work in a non PK map.... health stays the same afterwards but if you lose then , you fall down and people can walk over you. say if everyone was given the ability to fight once a day or something. maybe 2 times .. this would stop people from blocking bridges. Wouldn't take too much extra coding ... ?