Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Today's "Little" Invasion

Greetings,

please, post here your opinions, comments and suggestions. We want to make invasions fun for you, but without your help it's not possible.

Gilean

Not bad, had enough lower monsters for us lower level people to fight, and ended with the larger monsters. That is a good way for the invasion should be. That way all of the people are able to fight. WTG!!!! I had fun with this invasion.

Personally, it started off pretty decent. But then it was over pretty quickly. Too short maybe?

And whilst I admire the efforts of the mods for doing this. A lot of my time was spent wondering around for monsters in the maps that didn't include locales (i.e. Grahms, Forest of the Fall, White Stone).

I refer to the maps of MM. NC and GP. It'd be great if you say something like...

"northern Morcraven"

or "Near Glilins Temple in Nordcarn"...you know what I mean.

edit: nice way to end it in front of Lord Luxin. Was it planned to have those 4 war leader bots there? Or was it a fluke? :P

Edited by MagpieLee

This invasion was a bit less exciting I think.

A few things I was dissapointed in:

- Not enough messages from the moderators.

There was a little story in it, but we hardly had any new "waves" like we had them in previous invasions. I heard lots of new monster arrivals on the channel but I didn't see that many specific moderator messages telling us where the monsters are. Of course you don't have to tell everything, but I have seen better before.

- No roleplaying :cry:

I wanted to roleplay a bit on the channel but I didn't get the chance. Normally, roleplayers can simulate conversations with Mortos no? At least something like that should be possible.

- Ending :P

Ban Mortos! Oh wait no, all of a sudden I see this blue message saying it's over thanks to Aluwen. Yay? It has already been done I know, still I was waiting for it. There doesn't have to be this same thing over and over again. However I would've liked an extra dimension. This invasion was purely based on fighting.

- Place is invaded!!! Come help!

"Let's go, we have to fight" ... "Where are the monsters?"

I wasn't there so I'll keep this as short as possible :P

I heard many people complain about the absence of monsters at the announced area. It seems there was some sort of a delay. The monsters only showed up a little time after it was announced. (Just what I conclude from channel)

Positive stuff:

- Invasion for all players.

There were animals and monsters of all levels (from rabbits to giants wasn't it?) Everybody had a chance to compete even if it was for only a little part of it.

- NPC involved :D

Poor Lord_Luxin. This is better than just telling everyone the map. Several players didn't know where Lord_Luxin was, so you need at least a minimum NPC location knowledge to find the invasion.

I'm afraid that's it :D

Counting the points it seems I found this a rather "bad" invasion doesn't it? :P

Well I'm glad there was an invasion. You guys always do a great job, and nothing can be perfect. I hope you agree with me on this stuff and that things will be improved if necessary ;)

Besides, positive points are worth 3 negative points :)

Cya in the next invasion :mace:

This invasion as far as i can see was organised with all previous helpful critisizm in mind.

When i got to NC the bears had all scattered and people were only just arriving, exactly how it should be. Then when i moved to the forest of the fall the monsters were spread well too until it started to get crowded then mortos just released wave after wave, really nothing better could have been done.

Once mortos left the forest of the fall i went to grahm village and was met by maybe 5-10 players and cyc as far as the eye could see i eventually left because nobody else was fighting the des chim who seemed to be everywhere.

Overall i give this invasion a 8/10 much improved, monsters were well spread out and fairly numerous it did seem to end quickly though.

A lack of announcements may have been the reason so many chims and so few players were in grahm village.

Edited by oromis

The monsters seemed more spread out (as requested in other invasion postmortem).

The Giants were a pain to avoid...Whitestone is a single attack map and there are not that many that take giants one on one.

I liked the battle at Lord Luxin but the end was really fast. There was an oppertunity there for some rp/story, but it felt like everyone just quit at that point.

Sorry...but with MM perk not in play this was just one big bagjumping-fest...

Just wonder you mean, can you explain?

lolz yea, now that I think about it... Would be alot more bagjumping if you could use MM...

i have only witnessed one invasion before this one, last time the lag was so bad my screen was either still or black most of the tyime (resync) , and died without even knowing what got me lol.

this time, i got me a couple of ferrens, lots of leopards and pumas, lol even a deer and a rabbit :P and died knowing what did it to me, i call that an improvemnt! :D

instructions were a little slow and few though, but i managed to get to both MM and FoTF and WSC, and hardly any lag at all, and monsters where not condenced over over like last time, i definatly enjoyed this one,

i have a feeling the lack of messages was the reson the gure was not present? maybe i'm wrong but it sure felt that way , and in a way i think that you should know Daria well enough before participating in an invasion, my opinion :D

might be because the beasts were evenly distributed they were dispached quickly, hence the invasion was short? don't know either seems logical though ..

oh one last thing , i think a Gaint is worth announcing :) lol the guy is big enough :)

7.5/10

thank you very much for this one :)

i enjoyed this invasion alot..and im glad it had a a greater range of monsters for more levels.

another thing that i thought was cool was the street to street fighting goin on in WSC, it felt like a real siege, with little bands of people fighting their way down different streets.

the only thing i would sugjets is for the invasions to last a little longer, and prehaps be localized to fewer maps, by the time u get to one map, the invasion had already moved on to the next one.

more city seiges would be cool! :P

but i thought that was great! great job mods!

this idea is cool and the invasion itself but for low players like me it was only for losing stuff.

for the next time i will participate with NOTHING in my bag, becouse i lose too mutch things that cost me too mutch time playing to get it.

and you only see lots of players jumping into the bags and looking for thems.

with invasions like this, only the more powerfull players will fight.

so, the invasions are only for that players???

i think it's necessary provide a solution for every players (or a larger group of players) joining the invasion.

Hmm, there were animals for lower level players too. They just get killed too soon... It makes sense the strong monsters survive longer so you get to fight them, while the animals you're looking for have committed suicide by attacking some top fighter.

I don't go to invasions anymore:

1. If there is monster summoned I can't fight, and I die, everyone just bagjumps everything that drops... so losing stuff for people who aren't the strongest isn't very much fun.

2. there should be invasions just for people ranging between 25-40 a/d as I am 31/36

:-S

I liked this one a lot although fighting trolls and then being surrounded by mountain chims was a bit of a shock :P

As posted by someone above i also enjoyed running through the streets of WSC from/to (more from than to) monsters ... just a shame the map is single combat, i'd love to form a posse while moving through the streets then all attack a giant/mountain chim/deer.

A few comments from me - I'm color-coding my points as green for good, red for bad. :P

There was an invasion.These are seeming to be VERY seldom, and as few as there are, it's good to get one now and then. These really give players a chance to break out of the typical gameplay, and do something different for a change... too many of these could provide problems, but not enough just gets really boring - I know you have to go through a bit of planning to do these...

Several different types in different areas. Seemed to have more a spread, of areas, instead of like where mods would bring something like boars and chimmies in the same spots...

Not enough invasion creatures at certain levels/spots.I heard there was an invasion part in Nordcarn - there was nothing there by the time I could get there - wandering for several minutes, I finally found a black bear that had somehow been overlooked. Same thing when I got to GV - I found one ogre, and watched an unarmed male orc getting taken out by someone else. I think I may have killed only about 10 creatures - for sure it wasn't too many kills. There needs to be more for people to take, at the levels people are at.

Near impossible monsters on Non-multicombat mapsGiants/Yetis on Whitestone - there are how many people in game able to take one out 1on1? I'd say for these and chimmies, maybe allowing people to have these on multi-combat maps would give more tactical fighting possibilities?

Including NPCs in the invasion. I liked that it was done near Lord Luxin - gives more cause to concern, for an RPer's viewpoint.

lolz yea, now that I think about it... Would be alot more bagjumping if you could use MM...

On this note I just have to say Thank You! to Sin who saved my db for me in Ghrams when I found out that I am still not ready for cycs :P Then as I wandered around some more I was watching someone take on an injured chim and out of the corner of my eye I saw another chim coming straight at me. I tried to run but alas, I was easily hunted down. By the time I got back, as expected, my bag was gone. So you win some and you lose some...

I actually enjoyed the last invasion better, but only because I was able to actually find more than one or two creatures wandering around. I only scored about 10 kills on this one and I am pretty sure that the last one was double to triple that amount. I'm not sure if I was just late in getting to some of the locations or what. There weren't as many people grouped in the same spots this time so that was good. Much less lag.

Hmmm..

Me seeing the "monsters in SKF" part.. Went to SKF, finding out that I wouldn't last very long.. As its multi combat :)

But like Stormer said, that Giant, was abit anoying, just wondering around on a 1 attack only zone. :(

I liked it.

Hmmm..

Me seeing the "monsters in SKF" part.. Went to SKF, finding out that I wouldn't last very long.. As its multi combat :)

But like Stormer said, that Giant, was abit anoying, just wondering around on a 1 attack only zone. :(

I liked it.

A pity I missed it :( , as I quite fancy my chances against the junior monsters!

Maybe we could consider making all monsters above a certain level double-team-able during invasions, regardless of whether the map is multi or not. The case of that giant wandering around bullying people is an example. BTW, what finally happened to it? Were there any reported sightings of yetis on single-combat maps?

During the recent invasion at the Forest of the Fall there would have been a small percentage who could handle attacks by Pandas, Grizzlys, etc...for the rest just a quick path to the underworld with no chance to back out. In the previous invasion monsters did not ignore the MM perk, so you could select targets you were capable of.

The paths from the Underworld were just a huge stream of those below A/D 30. So do you think they got their DBs back? :) Just a bunch of high level players cleaning up DBs with impunity...

Invasion = Take from the poor to donate to the rich

Just wonder you mean, can you explain?

I would suggest playing you a bit longer before saying anything like this. From very first invasion (more less in September last year) the invading monsters IGNORE monster magnetism perk.

Small hint:

Don't want to get killed stay on Isla Prima or any safe insides. We usually don't invade houses, however temples might happen.

Taking part in invasions is optional, if you don't wish to lose your items, don't venture into invaded area.

(Note: I always take with only what I can afford to lose and I don't count on getting it back, in case I die in the invasion...)

Edited by ThordinElement