Eternal Lands Official Forums
deo

Unban me please

I have no desire to play, I only want to be unbanned to repay a debt I owe to another player. Once this is done, my next action will be to do a killme yes. I only need to be unbanned for a few minutes to do these two things.

Yes, I have made many EL mistakes and learned from each one. I am sorry I posted on the forums, but I can promise you this with 100% certainty: it will never happen again.

Well, it so happens that we don't like CC fraud, so he was banned again. He will get unbanned only if he sends me 200 USD, cash.

Credit card fraud?

As I understand it, she paid for a p2p for one year. You banned her for saying something on forums, and nothing she did in-game. So she asked her credit-card company to cancel the payment. What is fraudulent about this?

9/10 web definitions for credit card fraud involve a stolen credit card. Not what happened. This is the most general definition I found from

Explain how you were tricked. There was no trick. She paid for a p2p, and you provided the service. You later took the service away from her for nothing she did in-game, so she revoked her payment. How were you tricked into this? Both the decision to provide a p2p and the decision to ban her you provided. Her decision to revoke payment for a service she had already paid for was the typical recourse of consumers who have paid for services that merchants decline to render.

Now perhaps I'm out of line here, and she actually used a stolen credit card. If that's the case, then I apologize. But the situation as I understand involves no credit card fraud. Use of that term would thus be false and considered slander.

-Delia

Edited by cordelia

Deo bought other stuff as well, not just p2p races.

If you pay to see a movie, and you get kicked out because you cause trouble, you do not get a refund. If you do a charge back, it is called theft of service, therefore it is fraud.

In addition to that, Deo was unbanned at the time he was banned again.

Anyway, I hate thieves, and I hate those who defend them. If I were you I wouldn't act as his lawyer, because I would be afraid not to get banned as well.

Firstly, Deo is a woman. We typically use the feminine pronoun for members of the female gender.

Deo bought other stuff as well, not just p2p races.

If you pay to see a movie, and you get kicked out because you cause trouble, you do not get a refund. If you do a charge back, it is called theft of service, therefore it is fraud.

By your own words, Deo did not do anything in-game to get banned. She got banned because she posted on the forums and you didn't like her post. So the rules are unimportant, what matters most is your feelings about what she posted?

Deo bought stuff from the EL shop which you happily promote. You took these items away from her by your actions. You also took away the year of p2p service you agreed to. She took the only recourse that consumers have. She contacted her cc company and asked them to contest the payments. There was no theft of service. There was no fraud. It was a valid charge back by the credit card company because you refused to provide promised services since you disliked what she posted on the forums.

In addition to that, Deo was unbanned at the time he was banned again.

This makes no sense. Please clarify.

Anyway, I hate thieves, and I hate those who defend them. If I were you I wouldn't act as his lawyer, because I would be afraid not to get banned as well.

I am not acting as Deo's lawyer. I am acting as a member of the EL community and voicing my opinion. You would ban me for making reasoned arguments in the appropriate forum under the appropriate topic, just because you take it as an affront that I'm defending a person who's actions you subjectively deem as inappropriate?

Banning me would have nothing whatsoever to do with the rules and everything to do with you "[hating] those who defend [thieves]." Again, as above, it is "your feelings" that matter, not rules set down in the game.

Banning, as even your own moderators can attest to, should at the very least attempt to be based on impartial rules and regulations. Your threats and actions regarding banning have nothing impartial about them, and have everything to do with your subjective opinion. Honestly, acting in this way, is a detriment to both your creation and your business.

Yours cordially,

Delia

I think you should read the RULES page. The ingame rules and the forum rules. Because it so happens that you just broke them. I will let you find out yourself which rule you and your friend had broken.

As for the male vs. female pronoun, I use the pronoun pertinent to the gender of the person who made the CC payment and subsequently withdrawn it in a fraudulent way.

To recapitulate: It is not our fault you are unable to READ the game rules, and just click the "Accept" button. This time I will let you get away with it, but violate the rules again and you might not be able to play EL again.

And one other minor detail: Deo expressed his wish not to play the game anyway, before he was even banned.