Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

the new update

Hi all.

i updated the game and could not c the new items in the game, when i was told "Help_me" the prob. thy told me that i had loaded the game wrong. so i deleted the game all in all and reloaded the game. and had the same prob.

what do i do

Hi all.

i updated the game and could not c the new items in the game, when i was told "Help_me" the prob. thy told me that i had loaded the game wrong. so i deleted the game all in all and reloaded the game. and had the same prob.

what do i do

It would help us if you posted your computer info, i.e. what OS you're using, etc.

Are you sure you downloaded the new version and installed it over the old version?

LOL, ok i am running Linux.

and i think it is gento. this is broms comp and i dont know what he is running, he is not here to fix it and wont be back for about 2 years

A short FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) by Cicero:

I downloaded the latest update, and now there's stuff missing! wtf?!

You have to install updates into the same folder as a full installation of the game, and it must be installed with folder names like you did with the full game.

Contributed by Freeone:

What we need to know to solve your problem:

What the error is.

Processor Speed (in GHz)

RAM (in MB; 1 GB = 1024 MB)

Graphics Card (model, maker, and video memory [in MB])

Hard drive space (In GB)

Version of Eternal Lands running

Operating System and version

Contents of error_log.txt*

Internet connection speed.

What else you have running other than eternal lands. This includes on the taskbar on Windows.

Exactly when and what you were doing while the error occored.

How do I find out what graphics card I have?

Right click "My Computer", go to "Properties", then click on the "hardware" tab, click on "Device Manager". Then click the "[+]" next to "Display Adapters". There should be only one thing under there, post that here, please.

After that's done:

Wait. Time zones are the curse of us all. If you don't get a reply in a couple of days, then it's safe to say no one will answer it and bump it up one.

How to check internet speed:

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest

Free. Only useable three times a month, though.

Example:

Yes, it's kinda lengthy. Yes, it's mine. Still a good example, even though it's missing a bit here and there. Example.

*error_log.txt can be found in your Eternal Lands directory. It's at C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\error_log.txt as the default directory on Windows, and /home/username/.elc/error_log.txt on Linux.

To get there, just take off the last error_log.txt and CD to there, then open it. Copy paste here.

LOL, ok i am running Linux.

and i think it is gento. this is broms comp and i dont know what he is running, he is not here to fix it and wont be back for about 2 years

This might be a configuration setting problem. Try this:

1) Make a note of where you installed the client. In my case it's /home/maddad/elc.

2) From your home directory, cd to .elc (note the dot at the beginning - that makes the directory invisible to a normal ls command, but it's still there. The EL client creates it to save certain files).

3) Edit the file el.ini and look for the variable name #data_dir. (It's about 3/4 of the way down the file.) Make sure it says #data_dir = <your EL install directory from #1 above>. In my case it says:

"#data_dir = /home/maddad/elc" (No dot in elc this time!)

4) Save the file and start the EL client. With a little luck you'll be able to see everything.

You'll find there is an el.ini file in your main install directory. That file is ignored by the client: it uses only the one in .elc.

I hope this helps. Two years is a long time to go without playing EL.

Dave

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this