Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ice

An unhappy anniversary!

I KNEW it was July 21st...

I couldn't quite remember if it was the 21st..when it happened i wrote it in my EL notebook that is now long lost :o

so, erm, unhappy anniversary to the people who went through it...

I lost everything and a char of OA 48. That hurt. What hurt more was the number of good players who did not come back after the crash because they felt they couldn't risk losing it all again.

History has shown that it has NOT happened since...

I remember fighting 3 male orcs at once in Tirnym (before chim was introduced).

Then the crash.

All this time since and what level am I? Uh... just getting back to fighting male orcs *hangs head in shame*

Ahh, I remember well, after the big crash, being in the the packed silver room in vermor castle (a room full of former guildmasters) with armys of minnions feeding us crysanthimums and fruit to power level to 39 alchemy to reform our guilds (of course then there was fruit in vc and no cooldown also mixing was instant. click you have a he, no mix time))

and of course the minions carrying the ess off to the magic shop to sell it to raise the 30k for guildstart.

And just after SegV was reformed there was a rollback so it had to be re-reformed ;(

Ent did kindly recreate guilds that got remade then rolledback, but we were to close and too impatient.

All that health ess was so repetative I spent those mixing days drunk :o

However 2 years later, we look back and see that el has not only survived, but evolved radically (or is that radu-cally) since those days.

(For some strange reason they started doing weekly ofsite backups after that. I wonder why ;) )

Edited by the_antiroot

Ahh, I remember well, after the big crash, being in the the packed silver room in vermor castle (a room full of former guildmasters) with armys of minnions feeding us crysanthimums and fruit to power level to 39 alchemy to reform our guilds (of course then there was fruit in vc and no cooldown also mixing was instant. click you have a he, no mix time))

What was nice was as soon as a guild was successfully recreated, we didn't stop. We just turned around and ran for the next guild and the next...it was a real community and team effort that hasn't been matched. :o

I came one week after the big crash. I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I missed the crash. But I do wish I was here a while before it happened.

Actually, after the crash we had more players than before the crash (as in, online at the same time). It was surprising.

Many people still believe the crash was on purpose, but really, it wasn't.

We know you didn't mean to trip over that power cord. These things just happen sometimes :icon13:

lol i remember the crash. i lost a level 70 manuer :'( although it was easyer to level manu back then. Still after lossing it i quite EL. But it wasn't to long till the community draged me back here :icon13:

EL crashed on the Belgian National Holiday? :hug:

Looks like a completely different EL in that time. Wish I could've played in those situations too ^^ Though it couldn't have been fun losing everything..

Unhappy anniversary :icon13:

Hmm.

Didn't WhiteDiablo quit, cause he just reached 95 def? :icon13: And there was NeXt, lol. Ahhh, good times.

We know you didn't mean to trip over that power cord. These things just happen sometimes :hug:

I heard it was his cat. Or was it his 4 year old step brother. Or was it his ...... :icon13:

We know you didn't mean to trip over that power cord. These things just happen sometimes :D

I heard it was his cat. Or was it his 4 year old step brother. Or was it his ...... :wub:

Haha :D

:hug:

Unhappy anniversary.

Wasn't here to experience the crash but it sounds like a good time after it pulling ppl together and help to get things back again. :wub:

allthough none of us will never really recover from the big crash it has gone and showed us who the truely faithfull people to el are the ones who stayed this long and havent given up:P

We know you didn't mean to trip over that power cord. These things just happen sometimes :blush:

Awfully long legs, if he kicked out a power cord across the Atlantic. :ph34r:

Actually, after the crash we had more players than before the crash (as in, online at the same time). It was surprising.

do you say that just to please ur or... :rolleyes:

j/k ;p

People thought it was on purpose, because if I remember correctly, the devs were talking about resetting everyone (either all stats, or inventory-I don't remember exactly) and then the crash happened within a few weeks. It raised alot of suspicious eyebrows at the time.

There was also...the nameless one...that I remember saying certain things that may have contributed to people thinking it was not an accident.

*starts singing 'Memories'*

Well, i remember running stuff to Soldus to bring back EG again after the crash and we failed horribly by just 2-3 hours, another guild, ELDERS (??) beats us.

I was so close before the crash to make serps that i still can cry a river..

But who cares, i somehow was the first one to own and wear a green cloak after the crash. (yeah, yeah, i bribed radu with money ==> bought it).

But somehow it was fun. Everybody was starting at level 0 again :rolleyes:

Piper