Eternal Lands Official Forums
night

pvp detect

ok so some of you may know eternal-guild, for guild uses, and now im glad to bring you a brand new function in eternal-guild! pvp detection, find your closest a/d/p/c person currently online! Must have a/d/p/c greater than 10, and less than 100.

If you do not want your names to be in the search results, just turn on privacy mode, but in order to use pvp you must have privacy disabled! I hold no responsibility if your pvp partner does not return your stuff, hard luck, sorry.

Anywayz it takes 4 pages to solve (=/) and every page takes around 1 min 30 - 3 mins to solve, so you have to bear with it. Click the continue buttons only once, its solving it, it takes time to do.

here is the link: http://eternal-guild.freehostia.com

this is kinda stupid if u ask me...pvp is pretty much useless until you're about a/d 50 + and by then u will discover some partners anyway

If its taking 2 mins, it is provably parsing "live" from the oficcial player stats.

If this is athe case I strongly suggest you cache a copy of playerstats elsewhere, as da boss gets mightilly miffed if you send a lot of requests to the players online stats in a short period of time.

Good idea though, just saying this to stop you getting in trouble with da boss.

ok thanks, if he has problems with this prog, he can contact me im going to take it down. As for atlantis, dont worry this was the last "stupid" thing im going to do to help the community.

If any mods have a problem with the badwidth for players online stats, contact me or post here and ill take it down.

That is a good feature, for people who do PVP for lower levels it saves them the hassle of searching for someone, and atlantis, it's not stupid, and PVP is used by people in lower levels.. I don't think it's stupid one bit

Nice work though :D

ok thanks, if he has problems with this prog, he can contact me im going to take it down. As for atlantis, dont worry this was the last "stupid" thing im going to do to help the community.

If any mods have a problem with the badwidth for players online stats, contact me or post here and ill take it down.

Well, what you may want to do is an hourly cronjob that snags stats for the online players at the time.

With this locally cached copy the search sould be really fast, would also retain stats of offline players from when they were last seen, and should avoid any issues of hitting the stats page too hard too regularly.

hourly was just a random figure I would think would be safe, pming ent to confirm hourly is cool would probably be wise though.