Eternal Lands Official Forums
iktor

Whats up with fire essences?

Although I'm not too keen on the loss of ingredients (but who is!) I think this is a good idea...

This now gives lower levelled alchemy people higher stakes in the market, since the high levelled people will now leave Fes and go to better essences...

Which is a good thing

mwhahaha Since this was changed I'm made well over 20k on fe's. Anyhow still not seeing a problem really. Sure it takes longer but *shrugs* but not any longer than most things. So far I've been hired by 3 people to make fe's. As a new player this is great (boring) but great as it's getting me lots of alch exp and I don't have to waste time harvest. Sorry can't complain about a system that's benefitting me.

:(

I've been trying to keep abreast of what many people are saying, and while there appears to be a number of ppl who are happy enough with the new mixing time, there are few who believe that this will stem the amount of itmes coming into the game. Ent is looking to bring new items into the game which everyone loves and provides manuers to make a little money for a short time. :(

The problem i feel is that there are no manu items that are "one use" items. One of the easiest ways to level manu atm is to sit in front of trik with a mountain of leather/thread/feasts makin leather helms, which given the current prices of items lose the manu'er money. I'm sure eventually arrows, throwing knives and such will provide cash flow and a sink for manu'able items in the future but what we need is something now.

My proposal; to make vials manuable. This could potentially provide a solution to two problems currently in game. One being that ppl are asking where to get vials readily now that they are used along with the potion. The other is that it would give manuers both a source of income and a steady source of "work".

This idea would need much refinement however of which I have done none. If Ent and the devs think there could be anything in this idea then I would be happy enough knowing that perhaps I have been part of the solution. :)

Of course I also realise that my ideas do not reflect those of the community or the developers. If you do not agree that is fine, plz just remember that I'm posting trying to offer suggestions to help (not critisize) the hard work being done by Ent and others. :(

Edited by iktor

As I understand the process for vial making is basically glassblowing whilst not hiccuping, wouldnt it fall into the crafting category though?

I do agree that glassblowing sounds more likely to be a crafting occupation rather than a manufacturing one in real life. I guess i looked at the nexus's concerned in game though .

Artificial => Used in manufacturing. You need a high artificial nexus to make better items.

Magic => Used for enchanting/embedding certain items.

I do agree that glassblowing sounds more likely to be a crafting occupation rather than a manufacturing one in real life. I guess i looked at the nexus's concerned in game though .

Artificial => Used in manufacturing. You need a high artificial nexus to make better items.

Magic => Used for enchanting/embedding certain items.

No reason why the task of glass blowing should not use the crafting skill and the artificial nexus, infact it would be good to start using different nexus with different skills.

Crafting already uses artificial nexus.
Duh! Of course it does. Shows how long its been since I did any! :evilgrin: Edited by trollson

Crafting already uses artificial nexus.

The vials could be made like this:

1 sand (made from 3 quartz, just like bone powder), 1 FE, 1 coal...

I guess what i was trying to get to here was a possible "useable" item for the manufacture skill. The reason why fire essences have been made slower to mix is because of the many items being made in game hanging around (weapons/armours).

The idea that if vials were "manufactured" that they would be an item manufacturers could make in bulk, for experience and sale, but would be used rather than stored/sold to trik.

Edited by iktor

I decided to make my usual batch of 5k fe before commenting.With 85 alch lvl my results were as follows.40 fails (12 of which were ingredients loss),1 EFE made (artificer perk) and since exp increase an extra 5k alch exp.I consider this a good trade off.The time to make it was'nt that much greater,my costs are nil since I harv/sell veg and buy cooked meat to do it.I fail at other ess so it's no big deal.The market prices are going up.When I started in EL I sold my first EFE for 5k so it's good to see prices reflecting the work that goes into making stuff.

No skill in the game is meant to be easy so I don't see the change as unfair to new people.Just as easy to say mom nature wreaking havoc on new flower harvesters is harsh.Instead they learn to stop harvesting before dieing.The new prices mean they'll eventually have gc to buy the stuff being made.I think the economy is on the up swing but it takes awhile.Hopefully the true value of things will begin to show in the market(eg tit longs).

As the game develops it just means I think of new strategies.I can adapt to this one too.

To me its not a matter of the exp or the failures. How can you not notice a time difference on 5k of fe's??? :P thats an hour and 24mins!!! An extra 5k over that time is not a good trade off imo :P I can get a lot more exp than 5k in an hour just on harv exp!

To me manufacture is already a slow skill to level. I think I understand how Ent wants to decrease the amount of manu'd items in game but I can't see how ppl can still level manu and not make items :wacko:

Edited by iktor

Losing a few ingredients is no big deal - I mean, its only 1 sulf and 2 flowers....... its not like losing a heap of ore and coal when u fail a bar.

I cant stand to mix 5k fe in one sitting even the old way, cos it gets boring. I mix smaller batches and go do/make/harv/manu/alch/fight/etc..... something else.....

Its always seemed a bit odd to me that fe was fail-proof anyway. Its good preparation for the day you see 'you failed to make iron greaves, and lost ingredients'...... (efe go 'poof'!)

To me this is a good plan, and I also like the stackable sr's, even though heavier - means I can carry more diff items :P

Manu'able vials sure would be nice though :P