Eternal Lands Official Forums
iktor

Whats up with fire essences?

This time i did a thorough check and have found nothing regarding this. I know its happened in the last 24 hours cause i was making fe's last night about the same time. :dry:

Is this a bug? i'm assuming not but I believe i'm also recieving more exp (lol 1 more exp) per fire ess but they are heaps slower to make?!? :o

Is this to do with the fact that there are too many efe's in the game? :huh:

Now, everyone, plz don't flame this thread complaining like we did after the update. We got good things and we blew it for ourselves :) . I'm just not sure why this has come about and if it is here to stay? I just made my three pp's to put on artificial but if fe's are gonna be this slow to make i'll leave manufacture to those more dedicated than myself :cry:

Can anyone tell me what the purpose is behind this and if its a trial thing or here so stay? :D

Edit: Oooh!! Just found out tha sr's now stack! :(

Will there be a post letting us know of any other changes here?

Edited by iktor

Personally, I like it a little better that they are slower - I can actually use real food on them again, instead of the wasted 5 food from a feast pot, or buying/cooking meat, or waiting for the completely ridiculously long fruit/veggie cooldowns... What I'm not quite happy with is critical fails on FE - it wouldn't seem to me that someone who is well over 70 levels over a recommended level for something should fail twice in a row!

Then again, it's a change - one I can live with.

Yeah, I thought I was going nuts! 2 fails, and 2 crit fails in a couple of hundred FEs, and I'm alchemy 63, and don't remember ever failing on FEs before. I fail less on WE, and the recommended level for those is 2 higher than FEs.

I'm not saying its bad or good or whatever, but when its the first thing you make in alchemy, and generally in the game itself, fails are a little discouraging. I can't imagine what they'd be like for someone with zero alch starting out, if this is what I'm getting at alch 63....

Critical fails at level 63? WTF?

All I did was to make it level 1, instead of level 0, and also increased the exp give by 1, to compensate. The reason was so they are slower to make.

All I did was to make it level 1, instead of level 0, and also increased the exp give by 1, to compensate. The reason was so they are slower to make.

omg.. it's going to take forever to make 1k of fe's now.....

edit: they are stackable but they wiegh more :D so there isn't much difference hehehe

Edited by Bleuren

I'm not saying its bad or good or whatever, but when its the first thing you make in alchemy, and generally in the game itself, fails are a little discouraging. I can't imagine what they'd be like for someone with zero alch starting out, if this is what I'm getting at alch 63....

First thing I made when I started crafting failed alot too. I didn't do quest, but potion of mana, fur gloves, rabbits, fe are things that don't fail and crafting doesn't have an item like that. I'm glad fe fails now :D

With alchemy of 16 I failed 10 out of 100. That's 90% success at alch 16...*shrugs* doesn't seem like it's going to be that big of a deal. I'm all for it, I think it'll help the economy *shrugs*

With alchemy of 16 I failed 10 out of 100. That's 90% success at alch 16...*shrugs* doesn't seem like it's going to be that big of a deal. I'm all for it, I think it'll help the economy *shrugs*

Thats why it's barely an adjustment.

Thats why it's barely an adjustment.

Well... for those people who mix fe's.... it was better at the faster rate now it's just plain slow... and not many people wanna mix FE's at a SLOOW rate..

It gets worse - I'm level 77 alch, and have been critical failing (ingredient loss) an average of about 1 in 150 FEs. It's happening - if it's supposed to, I can live with it. If not, then it needs work.

I agree with blodoks, we need tons of fe, I make thousands myself and they are already stupid to make, 10 exp is nothing, and now with DOUBLE mix time (first 1 sec, now 2 secs) I quit making them for sure and just go buy on market, if you need to make like 3k fe it takes ages to mix and you get almost no experience, so it's not worth it, I would prefer they stayed on level 0 ;) Although like blodoks say, I will survive it, but I think this isn't very good for the game...

Fe never flooded the market and could be sold easily too so I don't see what it should been changed, never fix something that isn't broken :lipssealed:

Edited by Cycloonx

I agree with blodoks, we need tons of fe, I make thousands myself and they are already stupid to make, 10 exp is nothing, and now with DOUBLE mix time (first 1 sec, now 2 secs) I quit making them for sure and just go buy on market, if you need to make like 3k fe it takes ages to mix and you get almost no experience, so it's not worth it, I would prefer they stayed on level 0 ;) Although like blodoks say, I will survive it, but I think this isn't very good for the game...

Fe never flooded the market and could be sold easily too so I don't see what it should been changed, never fix something that isn't broken :lipssealed:

Maybe lower a few FEs in a few formulas here and there?

a lot of the new changes are huge, but this is the first one I dislike... it would be best to change it back it takes a long time to make them now

a lot of the new changes are huge, but this is the first one I dislike... it would be best to change it back it takes a long time to make them now

Bleuren, you said 3 times already in this thread how much you dislike it. I think I have to remind you that you've been suspended twice, and promised to behave. Our friend vytukas got suspended for 1 week for his very smart comment, but you will earn a 2 years suspension if you ever spam the forums like that.

To the others, if you don't like it, go play other games. Or be more selective about the bitching, you can't have less overproduction and faster building times. It's one or the other.

for cryin outloud, lets give things chance to impact before we actually shoot them down this time plz??

You adapt on everything one day, even if it is bad, but I was just giving my opinion, i'm not shooting it down at all because I know there will be changes for ever... But if no one gives his opinion we will have a boring world :) Anyway I like it that we got so many 'small' changes last days, nice job on other things ent...

I am new to the eternal-lands forum (this is my first post), however I think that Entropy is right. First of all we will get used to it. Second if you don't like the change don't make fes or leave. I know mods on other boards and they can't please everybody.

I personally think that changing making fes might have been a good idea. :)

I don't make FE's, so not botherd.

But the SR's, I like, can stay at spawns for ages, carrying around 120 SR's, and 400 HE's. :)

As with all decisions I think some time needs to be given for people to try and adjust to the changes. In my opinion there was not an overproduction of fire essences as I don't think they were a common item being sold on market channel (although my time zone may be to blame for that gmt+8!).

If, after time, the mixing rate does not appear to be helping the game or having the desired effect will it be adjusted back to the original or is this a change that is here to stay?

It gets worse - I'm level 77 alch, and have been critical failing (ingredient loss) an average of about 1 in 150 FEs. It's happening - if it's supposed to, I can live with it. If not, then it needs work.

Are you being sarcastic? If not.... how can you complain about that? :o

As with all decisions I think some time needs to be given for people to try and adjust to the changes. In my opinion there was not an overproduction of fire essences as I don't think they were a common item being sold on market channel (although my time zone may be to blame for that gmt+8!).

If, after time, the mixing rate does not appear to be helping the game or having the desired effect will it be adjusted back to the original or is this a change that is here to stay?

The problem is not the overproduction of FEs, but the items created with them (bars, armors, swords, etc).

I like this idea. I think it will have a positive effect on the game overall.

But did you have to do it just as I started a run of 10k?!? :o;)