Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Naxyr

Bot functions

hey i am wondering if anyone out there knows what kind of things can a bot do in el for all kinds of bots free and paid. I know about trade and sell already so please i will go for any of your ansers. thanx in advanced.

Have a look at the source code for the client. Pretty much anything that the client can do, you can do. Especially look into the client_serv.h file to see which messages in particular you can send to and receive from the EL server.

Have a look at the source code for the client. Pretty much anything that the client can do, you can do.

It's a good idea to check the bot rules here to see what a bot CAN'T (or rather, isn't allowed to) do.

Other than these restrictions, it's like you say - anything a player can do, a bot could do.

ok but where can i find the code for the client then and how should i use it? i only want to use some things for my bot and i might want to make it do more in the future. Oh yeah any way to easly program a bot?

Edited by Naxyr

Read the thread If you want to have a BOT it is a sticky in the bots section and is a good start

you should read the pinned thread "How do I make a bot?" for a (possibly outdated) list of bot projects, someone should get around to compileing a list of projects again. You might want to contact a bot owner and see if you can use some of thair code.

with the free vs paid, basically if you are gaining anything from them ie: it is defending your map, it is tradeing on your behalf etc it must be paid. If it just sits and chats it does not need to be paid. if there is any features that you think are controversial then ask a mod or discuss in these forums.

Things bots would be good at are things like being a frontend to a database, this covers things like trinitybot which has a user created database of market prices of items or iknow which parses The players online page and players stats pages.

thanx i like the idea for borrowing someone's code. that would help a lot thanx. is there a place that anyone can tell me what possible usses you can get your bot to do? Or you can tell me just all the possibilites. one more thing after you get a bot registered can you still update it on the test server and pay to make it into a paid bot after regestering it as a free bot?

Edited by Naxyr

I have been writting my bot in RealBasic, its a cross platform language that most people can easily understand. I hope to release the code after ive finished and produce a stripped down version of it for people to use.

This means not having to use cygwin or setting up some scripting language.

Well i put as many featueres that i can think of in iknow try and look at what some of the other bots are doing and think up a way of doing things better, feel free to clone iknow as much as you want i'll even help you :P

One thing you could try and do is createing games, the main problem with this is trying to work out a game that is interesting to play chatting through pm's, you could create blackjack or another card game(but remember it would need to be paid if you are collecting money from it).

ok,ok that goes in for gambaling bots and info bots ii plan to start out with a small program for my bot so it can talk then i will get it to walk and gaurd and so on as well can i turn a free bot into a paid bot after regestering? Also any more ideas on where i can find a great program to program my bot, and how i can get it to, and thanx for everyone that gave some answers, but still i need more info on what bots can do. Oh yeah roswell_r when will you get you code to share with everone? Also how do i acess the test server in port 2001, i cant find it.

Edited by Naxyr

One quick question how do gaurd bots work? So basiclly they just attack pepole coming into a certain territory and you can put armor and weapons on them? Or do they just stand watch and notify you who is coming in your area i bet it is like the corpis opis bot.

It all depends on what you make it do, the Corpis bot is a guard bot for the CO hideout. There are other hideouts that have guard bots that do the same thing. You can make your bot return attacks or make it initiate the attacks by walking up to the player and sending attack.

I haven't seen any guard bots out in the open on player maps though.

Well you should first get your bot connecting and holding a stable connection on the test server before considering what to make your bot do.

Perhaps after you've done this you can then ask this question

If perl is your language of choice, have a look at

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26684

It's fairly basic, but hopefully provides all the fundamentas on which to build

specific behaviour

cheers

thanx i like the idea for borrowing someone's code. that would help a lot thanx. is there a place that anyone can tell me what possible usses you can get your bot to do? Or you can tell me just all the possibilites. one more thing after you get a bot registered can you still update it on the test server and pay to make it into a paid bot after regestering it as a free bot?