Eternal Lands Official Forums
Knuckles

Ideas for new Rings

I was thinking..

And I always hear people saying there isn't enough stuff to Craft, so why not make new rings? I was thinking, of Ring of Attack, defence, etc.. Basically doing the same as a Attack/Defence Potion, but in a Ring form, giving them something else to make.

What ya'll think? :P

rings that give you the knowledge of a book for say like 5 minutes

(serp building, fluffy summoning, wolfram bar crafting, invisibility potion building)

Crafters could move into the fashion business; tayloring lots of different items of clothing.

No need for any special properties or armour values, just a different look -- people would buy them to be different. But there would have to be lots for it to be worthwhile.

Jewellery, make those bracelets craftable and so when we have 2 more equipment slots we can wear one to give us more hit points/mana regen :)

Or faster reading, or extra emu when worn, or gives to accuracy / defence, or gives you the I glow in the dark perk, or more ideas eh eh eh?

As one person pointed out, there are a lot of crafting items... but a low demand. The biggest issue is that the cost of essences to the Portals Room is cheaper than the cost of the rings, especially in the case of C2.

So if we were to come up with new rings, we should learn from that and not mimic other existing game items (i.e. potions which are cheaper to make than a new ring would be).

What about...

Ring of Charm

- Gives you a 5%? 10%? deduction in the cost of dealing with an NPC (single trade only).

- This would help when buying NPC only books. With the more expensive books, the cost of the ring would probably be worth a percent deduction.

Ring of Escape

- Instant Diss & Teleportation to IP

Ring of Rationality

- One hour of increaseed rationality

- Would be useful for those reading books or just wanting increased xp while making things

- Cooldown would equal the duration of the ring

Ring of Truth

- Use ring on person and get to see their A/D/P/C (or possibly just their A/D)

Ring of Harvest

- Double harvesting rate for anything being harvest

- Duration 10 minutes

- Would be a cummalitive effect on top of cloak / perk / multi-harv bushes

You get the idea... unique things that give temporary advantages that can't be reproduced.

The cost to make the item (ingredients) would have to be reasonable enough so the ring could be sold at a price less than the gain (i.e. double harvest can't cost 500gc to sell).

You could balance it with a high craft level (so won't be flooding the market)

An EMU medallion!

Make it a high craft level, with difficult ingreds... but WELL worth the effort AND cost!

Of course, it would only work for a limited time, then.. fall apart?

:D Rings like ring of attack defence pys and coord would make potioners loose lot of money wouldnt it ??

Cost of a base silver / gold ring: 75gc. Now add whatever ingredients you'd need for these Rings of Attack etc.

You can make / buy the potion at a fraction of that cost. No one's going to buy a ring that costs 5x the amount.

ring of the manu god:

+5 to manu skill regardless of potion ! it would be a great help to all low-mid manuers gaining +5 from potion +5 from ring thats 10 levels higher , tho cooldown on these rings should be 3 times a potion meaning .....120 sec :)

I don't mean to derail the posters original thought, but that's not how I understood it. Just a more diverse use of crafting in the game.

The effects could act as nothing more than an extended cooldown cycle

How about a ring of action....

Where having a total stinker of a cooldown itself, have it a one shot item that resets all your current cooldowns to 0.

Defenitally something that should cost enough ingrieds (probably including something rare) to make it a fairly costly item that sould be used carefully.

On a side note this and other suggestions here could be added as tallisam's, charms etc, just for a bit of variety. .

Where having a total stinker of a cooldown itself, have it a one shot item that resets all your current cooldowns to 0.

Defenitally something that should cost enough ingrieds (probably including something rare) to make it a fairly costly item that sould be used carefully.

On a side note this and other suggestions here could be added as tallisam's, charms etc, just for a bit of variety. .

Add: and this ring should have a very short cd like 5-8 sec my guess is ! i mean if it resets the other object's cooldown it's cool but this ring of action having a big cooldown itself is nothing different then before !

I mean use ring of action -> all CD = 0

CD for ring of action remaining = 8 sec

;)

are we talking about rings we can actually WEAR?

A previous suggestion which may be of use to crafters: Item Quickbar for trival equipment.

Treat the first row of the inventory (the quickbar) as additional equipable slots for minor items, such as active rings (as oppose to one-shots), pendants, etc. Avoids the need for new body-slots.

Then its a trade off between ready-access in the quickbar for potions etc, and wearing minor items for their bonuses. Although since the quickbar is a client-side implementation, somebody could shift it to the second row.

Edited by trollson

Add: and this ring should have a very short cd like 5-8 sec my guess is ! i mean if it resets the other object's cooldown it's cool but this ring of action having a big cooldown itself is nothing different then before !

I mean use ring of action -> all CD = 0

CD for ring of action remaining = 8 sec

;)

By "a total stinker of a cooldown" i meant perhaps 2-5 mins, so where a very usefull item, it would have to be used at the right moment, as you cant use anotherone for ages.

that will be like the same ......almost

for example i make lots of hes / aes/ swords so by this i drink lots of feast pots right? well imagine if i was trying to make 1k hes with fruits .... :)

That would take ages , but if a ring that would have a 8s cd and the ability to unlock cooldowns for rest of the items it would be much better

If the cooldown of the ring would be like 5 mins as u say indeed it would help fighters in crucial moments but it wont help much the rest of the proffesions that use feast pots as main item ......

just my opinion tho ;)

and lets say we make a ring like this worth like 400-600 each?

Edited by Nemesis

I don't like making rings. I like the idea of bracelets and talismans better. Something that looks new. Just adding rings and rings and more rings and even more rings doesn't make crafting more 'fun'.

I'm all for new items, even if it's the same kind, but I really like to see something actually different not just of effect.

I don't like making rings. I like the idea of bracelets and talismans better. Something that looks new. Just adding rings and rings and more rings and even more rings doesn't make crafting more 'fun'.
well, it's good to know what an item does... rings are single-use items, medallions are keepable until they're broken in combat... no problem so far, but consider how many rings you may use in a week, vs the number of medallions.

rings are where the sales are ;)

that will be like the same ......almost

for example i make lots of hes / aes/ swords so by this i drink lots of feast pots right? well imagine if i was trying to make 1k hes with fruits .... :)

That would take ages , but if a ring that would have a 8s cd and the ability to unlock cooldowns for rest of the items it would be much better

If the cooldown of the ring would be like 5 mins as u say indeed it would help fighters in crucial moments but it wont help much the rest of the proffesions that use feast pots as main item ......

just my opinion tho ;)

and lets say we make a ring like this worth like 400-600 each?

Well, why not this: Used in combat, the ring resets all cooldowns to zero and has itself a cooldown of 2 mins. That can be the final SR which saves your butt.

Used, when not in combat, the ring halvs all cooldowns and has itself a cooldown of 20 sec. That would help ppl who use feasting potions or ppl who try to fill up their mana using SR's.

Let it be a cheap item and ppl will use it and crafters have something they can mass produce to level up AND sell.

Piper