Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New leather-iron armor

about arrows and armor; from what i understand, there was diffrent arrows for diffrent tasks. one was broad and barbed, perfect for shooting horses or unarmed people. another was more compact to be able to break thru some types of armor.

as for the battle that trollson talks about, arrows was the least of the knights worry. most of them was used to french infighting, where a knight was to be captured for ransom, not killed. the english didnt care about that sort of stuff...

this could have had a profound psycological effect on the knights...

as for the effects of sloped armor, ask any tank designer :P

Edited by duran

lol i thought we were talking about how great roja did on the new armor coming. NICE JOB roja :P:D

Btw, something i noticed the other day is that chainmail have missile protection, but iron plate does not?

To my knowledge chainmail offer very bad protection against missile weapons, while iron plate would offer great protection against most missiles.

actually, historically, chain mail did give better protection against missle weapons, due to its flexability and the fact that its made of hundreds of little mettal rings. While plate armor is flat and hard, and though it may be strong, its not flexable, and more easaly pierced by stabbing attacks and arrows. in fact, the only thing plate could stand up (ranged wise) to was a short bow, because long bows and cross bows would punch right though the flat steel(or iron) ouch! :evilgrin:

btw, great job Roja! cant wait to see it ingame!

You, sir appearantly don't watch the History channel. They once rammed an arrow at a flat piece of steel, of the same composition and thickness as the plate armor that French knights were using (twas a show bout Azhinkoor), and it barely made a dent (also keep in mind that armors are at an angle thus efectively increasing the thickness of the steel the arrow encounters. Also chain mail (atleast the long one that looks like a dress) isn't that mobile, if you crouch you would have to take your time to get up). Dunno bout scale armor tho)

i love the history channel...just dont get it anymore :(

ok, u have proven my point invalid.

perhaps i was thinking about armor earlyer in history, idk.

now that scale armor, i love it! it dosent look like it would brake easily, but even so, the day it comes out im buying a bunch of em! (or making them, depending if my n00b manu level can handle it :P )

cant wait for the armor! good job :(

1st

P.S. sry about all the off topic (range defence) posts. i must have gotten my info mixedup, or from a bad source, and thanks for all ur posts, i learned alot :P

Looks awesome. In age of Empires II they called this Armour, Scale-mail. nice ring to it. scales are a pretty cool type of armor. GREAT JOB Roja, you rock!

niiiiiiiice armor, id love some......cant wait till the update ^_^

I hope this armour-set will be easier to make than the iron counterpart...