Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LevinMage

No nexus day

I would really like to see a day where you would be able to do stuff without the need for nexus points. You would still need have read any book to have the knowledge to do something and recommended levels for manu/craft etc. would still apply. This would promote more people to read books on topics they normally dont do, and use items that they normally wouldnt, which would also help to decrease some excess gc/items in the game.

This would allow people to experience a variety of different things they normally wouldnt be able to do without harming their chracter's development. This makes it fun for people who have developed their characters with one or two specific goals in mind to experience other aspects of EL. This may also help to increase peoples respect for other types of players by helping people understand more about the enjoyment/fun of other specialties in the game.

Fighters can try their hand at manu, while manufactures can try on and prance around in that titanium armor they just made, etc.

Possible objections:

1) People who have specialized in one/two catagories may feel that they wasted pp on nexus when then others can experience for no pp cost

2) People may think this threatens economy if "everyone" can do a certain skill (make potion/manu.. etc)

Response: this would only be one random day... maybe occur once or twice a month for 6 EL hrs at that. Most people would be unable to produce the higher level equiment, summons, potions, since they have higher level requirements.

Overall, I think the fun and enjoyment everyone would get with this day outweight any objection that I see to this day.

Edited by LevinMage

I've thought of this too, and always wanted it in-game.

I think No Nexus Day would be really fun! :icon13::D

I too like this idea.

In order to prevent abuse of it (people doing things WAY beyond their "normal" levels) it could be implemented with a limit of 3 for example. That is, you could do anything that uses a nexus <=3, but the higher nexus >=4 would still apply.

That might not let human=1 wear plate, but it would allow someone with a 0 in animal to play with summoning something larger than rabbits and rats.

And it would only be 6 hours every so often, so it wouldn't have any large effect on the market or economy.

While at first glance this seems like an ok idea, mirroring no-knowledge day, I think that it undermines a large part of character development, even though limited to a rare day.

Spending pick points is about the only hard decisions that players have to make for their characters' developement, and of the available choices, nexus are the ones which really introduce diversity.

The no-nexus day would throw out players past decisions for the day, and I really don't think this is a good thing.

• From the economic viewpoint, how many rare items can be made in six hours if you stockpile?
  • If you choose the day to equip yourself with the mightiest weapons and armour, when the day ends you are still wearing them; what happens? Well, what happens when you reset wearing full plate (I don't know this). If nexus prevent equipping, then people could stay equipped after the first day.

I have previously posted my views on how the current nexus system is underutilised here and here.

If you choose the day to equip yourself with the mightiest weapons and armour, when the day ends you are still wearing them; what happens? Well, what happens when you reset wearing full plate (I don't know this). If nexus prevent equipping, then people could stay equipped after the first day.

I would suggest the day affect all other nexuses but not human nexus :wub:

I'm not suprised people like the idea, it'd be a huge bonus for a lot of people (and, hence, 6 hours of people working above their normal level can be expected to have a bit of an impact...)

In order to prevent abuse of it (people doing things WAY beyond their "normal" levels) it could be implemented with a limit of 3 for example. That is, you could do anything that uses a nexus <=3, but the higher nexus >=4 would still apply.
it's a good idea, but it's still not ideal... magic nexus 3 allows you to make all the rings and medallions (maybe not RoP, I forget), wheras in human it's not that high (5 is the standard, nowadays, for people who fight much)
While at first glance this seems like an ok idea, mirroring no-knowledge day, I think that it undermines a large part of character development, even though limited to a rare day.

<snip>

If you choose the day to equip yourself with the mightiest weapons and armour, when the day ends you are still wearing them; what happens? Well, what happens when you reset wearing full plate (I don't know this).

I beleive it'd be the same as carrying too much when resetting... you keep it, but can't add more or get it back if you remove. this is only a problem for weapons/armour, not the other nexii, but still available for abuse.

as for the rest, I agree, it changes some of the fundamentals, in a semi-permenant way (oh, I don't need that extra nexus if I only need a hundred items in storage, I'll wait for no nexus day).

as a counter proposal, that would still be fun, but not as overpowered... a day when all requirements go down a bit.

all nexus needed -1, levels required/recommended -5%, food required -10% (rounded up, FE is still 1 food)

maybe called mentor day or sommit like that

ed: oh, and this day can have a counter-part that's negative without being the pain that something like fasting day is... nexus required +1, levels +5% and food +10% isn't that painful... not fun, but the good days need to be ballanced against the bad ones... and I'd rather this than some of the (IMO) overpowered current ones

Edited by ttlanhil

Put no Nex day in-game Ent. ;)

#edit - MM Perk day >.<

Edited by Liquid

good idea :D

maybe a MM-perk day :omg:

That's called Peace Day ;)

It's not, during peace day, you can't attack anything, during this you could still attack players...