Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So, what do we think about the new changes?

You can always make vials at Harvy. Its not the end of the world.

Just the cost of training will go up since almost every restore now costs a vial, i hope the drops of the monsters go up to reflect this, but its an another suject.

well i think im done training now :lipssealed: mabye 2 more pp and im done

Ye, i talked with you in game.

I also agree that there are several changes to make the game harder, not easier. For further reference someone can read DonPedro's posts at Viking forum, he sums up the changes pretty well (of course not the latest changes because he is not playing for some time now).

roja, i dont wanna flame ya, but what you are telling is:

you can get used to everything, no matter how bad it is. it just needs enough time flowing down the river, to have ppl forget it.

Edited by bofred

Might I also remind everyone of what everyone was saying about the cooldown, and many other changes to the game. Allow time to pass, if you don't, you won't know how things will be and cannot make accurate enough judgements.

Well, with feast pots (50 food) at 5 emu, fruit would work better again w/o cooldown (5 fruit: 100 food), I for one wouldn't mind being able to use them instead :hug:.

But as said above the mentioned changes of the update will ensure that at least potioners will able to rejoice at the new potions and not moan the loss of SR business (b/c now we'll be able to keep that :lipssealed:). Thanks :)

Anyway, I am putting the MP and HP back to 5 points, and this is the end of discussion. Next time maybe you will appreciate more what you get.

entropy, many people i know very much appreciate with big parts of the update and very happy that they can play it; including myself. Some are just fighting for some minor tweakings and i think a game in beta-phase needs to stick on discuissions on the not so good parts in the update.

see it from the good side, i guess this update got the fewest flames and "i will quit as it stays"-posts for a very long time!! :lipssealed:

Ok, well, I will make the mp/hp give 5 mana/health. The price will stay the same though.

This solves everything, so no more complaints. And yes, I know, you still want the free vials, but unfotunately this is not possible.

not to be confrontational or anything, but they wouldnt be free vials, if you buy the potion, you buy the vial, technically you're losing vials that are yours...

I still back the idea of making alot more items able to be sold to NPCs to give a floor/roof to price ranges within the market...

I for one would like to know your motivations for making the changes in the update, maybe then people could stop whining and offer more constructive crticism.

And while I am at it, I'll make the magic spells as they were, both in power and in ingredients/mana.

ONCE AGAIN ENT..NOT DIRECTED AT YOU...Well mana pot back to 5mp.....Magic back to cheaper and less effective...Sr.NO CHANGE..good job everyone we actully had some new fun things to work with and your ignorance screwed it up. im sure many of you will be very happy when i quit training because of this and only PK ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!

And while I am at it, I'll make the magic spells as they were, both in power and in ingredients/mana.

Why not just tweak them in little and continue to tweak it until its perfect. I've always wanted an extra Umph! for these spells so couldn't you just compromise a little?

Why not just tweak them in little and continue to tweak it until its perfect. I've always wanted an extra Umph! for these spells so couldn't you just compromise a little?

This WAS the compromise. Make them more powerful, but also cost more. You can't make them more powerful and cost less, because then it's just plain idiotic (those with high magic levels can wipe out everything).

The idea was to make the magic system harder to level up, but more useful. Now I'll make it as it was, easier to level up but not so useful (I am talking about mana drain, harm and remote heal).

roja, i dont wanna flame ya, but what you are telling is:

you can get used to everything, no matter how bad it is. it just needs enough time flowing down the river, to have ppl forget it.

No, I'm telling you to respect the rules and also to let a little time, like say, a week, pass by before making your minds up. Less than 24hrs is really not enough....... :lipssealed:

This WAS the compromise. Make them more powerful, but also cost more. You can't make them more powerful and cost less, because then it's just plain idiotic (those with high magic levels can wipe out everything).

The idea was to make the magic system harder to level up, but more useful. Now I'll make it as it was, easier to level up but not so useful (I am talking about mana drain, harm and remote heal).

i implore you to reconsider give us another chance..pwease :lipssealed:

CRAP!!!

Don't do it ent!

The new magic thingie was soo much fun, i don't understand why do you want to remove a good new thing back to just plain old boring one, becouse every1 ***** about the vial thingie?

Please consider the decision about magic...

And i'm not saying this only as pker who likes to harm backstab from invisibility, but think about summoners, now they can actually HEAL the chimeran so that it can face a relativley stronger player, before they could not.

Not to mention that new players can now roleplay and lvl magic and do something with their magic lvl...

I hate to say this but i agree with mufossa...

Maybe vials thingie needs some tweaking, i can't really say anythingabout that - i never made potions, but magic is finnaly a LOT of fun, leave it that way.

it is the ONLY way for game to evolve.

tnx!

Edited by crus

CRAP!!!

Don't do it ent!

The new magic thingie was soo much fun, i don't understand why do you want to remove a good new thing bad to just plain old boring one, becouse every1 ***** about the vial thingie?

Please consider the decision about magic...

And i'm not saying this only as pker who likes to harm backstab from invisibility, but think about summoners, now they can actually HEAL the chimeran so that it can face a relativley stronger player, before they could not.

Not to mention that new players can now roleplay and lvl magic and do something with their magic lvl...

I hate to say this but i agree with mufossa...

Maybe vials thingie needs some tweaking, i can't really say anythingabout that - i never made potions, but magic is finnaly a LOT of fun, leave it that way.

it is the ONLY way for game to evolve.

tnx!

LAL Crus, go train att/def instead of harm pvpers with low hp.

you cant beat good results out with a hammer. maybe a little more subtlety in the changes might lead to a bit more success and possibly some appraisal from the players.

Yes what Magpie said.

I like the idea of getting more spell effect on higher magic levels. Gives you something to work for.

But tweak it a bit: raise the cost of the spells just a bit and give them some extra effect. Try to get a balance.

you cant beat good results out with a hammer. maybe a little more subtlety in the changes might lead to a bit more success and possibly some appraisal from the players.

Exactly. And if you told us WHY did you decide to make those changes, it would be easier for us to understand and reconcile to it or discuss.

my english is bit newb, does this mean you put them back as they where?

And becouse of very insightfull comments from you and alike, who have much against "strategy" even if it's mean and sneaky, and only like mathematics in a/d this game entropy is chancing it back.. it's sad :/

And becouse of very insightfull comments from you and alike, who have much against "strategy" even if it's mean and sneaky, and only like mathematics in a/d this game entropy is chancing it back.. it's sad :/

Yup, you got strategy. You harm pvpers because you cant score a kill otherwise. :lipssealed:

Like crus, I also (very rarely) sometimes do the invis + harm routine and whilst the practice takes skill, its worthwhile. This definately brings an element of danger and added strategy.

For instance I caught the highest OA lvl in game with 77 health on a pk map and harmed him to knock him down to 20s health to show him the impact this would have...

For a newbie, remote heal is useful but its the second lowest spell and the essences have trebled and the mana nearly doubled :lipssealed:

Maybe if you're going to put things back to normal (in terms of magic). Perhaps copy over our chars to the test server again (so we won't be crappy lvl) and test this with the tweakings and work from there.

A 'big' change like this would be ideal to test with.

I agree that should be "sneak" and strategy. But is too easy for the attacker now, the people pvping should get a chance of defense.

I agree that should be "sneak" and strategy. But is too easy for the attacker now, the people pvping should get a chance of defense.

True Sight is there for a reason. I heard the reqs are lower then the invisibility spell. And chance of defence is the trusty menace that is magic immunity. 2magic and 1 energy for 90 seconds is a good spell. (needs tweaking though :lipssealed:

And you spending mana and essences (or pots) to see invisible creatures in the training will make the costs of pvping reach the roof.

Edited by Lorck

make sr's stackable maybe? That way those that used to make sr's at the spawn can still carry the same amount of sr's on them? I dunno, just a suggestion.

Well, the game is still in Beta. Which means two things:

Experimenting with stuff, and fixing bugs/adding more maps, monsters, etc.

This thing with the vials not beign returned falls under the "fixing bugs" category. So I am afraid it will stay, regardless of whether you like it or not.

The MP and HP give 10 points was under the experimentation thing, and was also meant as a gift. Since you guys complained so much about your precious pickpoints, and how the SR is totally so useless now, I offered to tweak their cooldowns. That would have meant a lower cooldown for the SR, which I thought you would have appreciated. But it turned out it wasn't good enough, so I concluded this particular experiment is not worth it, which is why those two potions will just be 5 points.

The new magic system was also an experiment, and from what I've seen, people were largly unhappy with it. Some complained that it's too powerful, others that it's so hard to level now. So this is also a failed experiment.

Again, those two things were not REQUIRED for the game, I just hoped people will like them.

The required stuff, like getting rid of the vials, stays no matter what. Even if half the players will quit, it will still stay, because the well being of he game as a whole is more important.