Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So, what do we think about the new changes?

I just want to mention that my earlier post in this thread, on page 1 I think, may be nullified. I take back my complaint and will adjust to the change of the no vial and 10 mana on minor mana potion. Already figured out its not bad bad a change other then the fact I'm getting less potion exp. :)

Sorry for the earlier complaint Entropy, completely having a different view after actually trying the change. I reacted too soon. :)

On a note to all fighters that mix potions at the spawn.

I used to grab along: 20 SRs, stuff for 60 SRs more.

Now I grab along: 20 SRs, stuff for 120 Minor Mana potions.

Stuff for 60 SRs weighs 360 emu, needs quite a bit of food, 9 food each.

Stuff for 120 Minor Mana potions takes 380 emu in my case (I grab 20 vials along), need 1 food each.

I think this might even be easier then harder because you can't fail those potions either. :)

Edited by BleedingSoul

3 different requirements for the same spell? That's not the most consistent thing in the world, I am afraid.

Btw, I am preparing you another 'nice' surprise today, I bet you can't wait to hear about it :)

Hint: Not directly related to the potions or spells.

I was not happy because it made people with 0 vegetal nexus and 0 of potion skill had almost the same advantage (easy mana replenishing at spawn) of people with potion 60 and 4 vegetal nexus.

I hope you do realize this is not the only advantage of 60 potion 4 vegetal nexus.

But its the main advantage.

Umm i have just one question. Since we have in game random day called "Green day" when we respect Mother nature why since last update we kinda don't respect MN by using most vials only once. What about so modern at present recycling and so on? Let's take care of Mother Earth and resources :rolleyes:

I was not happy because it made people with 0 vegetal nexus and 0 of potion skill had almost the same advantage (easy mana replenishing at spawn) of people with potion 60 and 4 vegetal nexus.

I hope you do realize this is not the only advantage of 60 potion 4 vegetal nexus.

But its the main advantage.

im sorry but ents right, you have to see these things from a wider perspective, not just that of a fighter.

Umm i have just one question. Since we have in game random day called "Green day" when we respect Mother nature why since last update we kinda don't respect MN by using most vials only once. What about so modern at present recycling and so on? Let's take care of Mother Earth and resources :rolleyes:

We respect MN even more, by returning the silicon dioxide back to her, rather than keeping it.

We respect MN even more, by returning the silicon dioxide back to her, rather than keeping it.

Could be enviromentally unsound if excess SiO2 is dumped in mass at areas of high activity, ie storages...

i ask this in the most gentle and polite way possible :blink: ..is there any way we can mabye vote on mana pot staying at 10 and see what the general consensus is?..if you have youre mind made up 100% then thats fine also :icon13: just an idea

Could be enviromentally unsound if excess SiO2 is dumped in mass at areas of high activity, ie storages...

Do we need to change the graphics around storage noe to allow for al lthe hice white sand?

instead of lowering mana to 5 you could increase Sr to 30..

why does everything have to be decreased every change?

That's kind of ironic, because the previous update I did just what you suggested, increase the MP to 10, which triggered so much unhappyness. I also agreed to decrease the cooldown for the SR, which didn't seem to make people happy either.

i didn't suggest to increase mana potion to 10 and decreasing cooldown for Sr.

anyway the increase in EP the mana potion gives is good, but decreasing the cooldown for Sr won't make ppl buy them more.

having a lower cooldown has no use for training with them, so no Sr being used there.

currently the Sr is being used only for PK and summoning, if you want the potionmakers to be happy then increase the Sr to 30 EP and ppl will start using Sr's for training again. (potioners selling more of their products = a happy potioner)

and besides, that way vials will still leave the game so you have what u want and ppl are happy.

it's worth considering :rolleyes:

Like, say, how the beaches are?

i ask this in the most gentle and polite way possible :icon13: ..is there any way we can mabye vote on mana pot staying at 10 and see what the general consensus is?..if you have youre mind made up 100% then thats fine also :rolleyes: just an idea

Today I suspect much more like the 10 mana potion than yesterday, and I suspect even more would have liked it ina few weeks if it stayed at 10.

However, the initial reaction was quite negative, and I am going to show the players what happens when they give negative feedback before trying some options. So hopefully next time they won't do it again.

So should be quartz deposits near storages? People drink feasting pots there all the time.

EDiT: Maybe not quartz since its a cristaline type of SiO2, but some amorph (is this the word?) state?

Edited by Lorck

Today I suspect much more like the 10 mana potion than yesterday, and I suspect even more would have liked it ina few weeks if it stayed at 10.

However, the initial reaction was quite negative, and I am going to show the players what happens when they give negative feedback before trying some options. So hopefully next time they won't do it again.

:icon13:

I need to :rolleyes: . Mana pots at 10 with reduced cooldown on SRs would have been fine.

It will be very cool when the curreny quantity is depleted, people will actually buy the vials from the NPC. And if we keep bitching, we won't have a way to manufacture them, so I highly suggest that you prise the great leader (me) in a similar way the NK people do.

Why do we want people to buy vials from NPCs?

Edited by Mireille

:icon13:

I need to :rolleyes: . Mana pots at 10 with reduced cooldown on SRs would have been fine.

Yep, but what would do the people who has 4 veg nexus and good pot level. Feel stupid? Reset?

Shame is only that the players that *do* want to try first before giving feedback, don't even get the chance this way. It's not like all players start bitching right away, but like this it seems the choices are either comment too fast, or not comment at all because there's no chance to try and think.

i ask this in the most gentle and polite way possible :blink: ..is there any way we can mabye vote on mana pot staying at 10 and see what the general consensus is?..if you have youre mind made up 100% then thats fine also :icon13: just an idea

i was afraid of this ..i fully inderstand youre frustration and how you must punish youre bad children,,but it seems that the only people who will suffer are the people who didnt complain about the 10 mp and actually liked it . and the people who bitched will recieve what they want .. :rolleyes:

Yep, but what would do the people who has 4 veg nexus and good pot level. Feel stupid? Reset?

Before, people with 4 veg nexus didnt feel stupid - even though it has always been possible to make mana pots instead of SRs. The reason is that SR was a lot better than mana pot, even though cooldown for SR was twice as long. If mana pot was doubled to heal 10 MP, and the cooldowns were equalised, then SRs would still be a lot better than mana pots. So having 4 veg nexus would still be useful for fighters. Anyway, its all academic now.

Before, people with 4 veg nexus didnt feel stupid - even though it has always been possible to make mana pots instead of SRs. The reason is that SR was a lot better than mana pot, even though cooldown for SR was twice as long. If mana pot was doubled to heal 10 MP, and the cooldowns were equalised, then SRs would still be a lot better than mana pots. So having 4 veg nexus would still be useful for fighters. Anyway, its all academic now.

Cooldown does not matter at training on monster or pvp, and thats where the bulk of the srs where consumed.

EDIT: Further explanation: what matter is the quantity of mana recovered by emu, and mana pots were better at it.

Only if mana pots had a *really* high cooldown to prevent it to be used extensivily on training or mana pots offering less mana or srs offering more mana would balance the things

Edited by Lorck

i was afraid of this ..i fully inderstand youre frustration and how you must punish youre bad children,,but it seems that the only people who will suffer are the people who didnt complain about the 10 mp and actually liked it . and the people who bitched will recieve what they want .. :rolleyes:

You are right.

But feel free to PK them for me :icon13:

a really high cooldown would be nasty for newbies.

just do mana pots 10 EP Sr's 30 EP and continue ur plan Entropy ;o

Well ent, you asked us to tell you what we think, thus some of us told you. It is obvious that there is many negative feedback, yet it doesnt mean that more ppl is discontent than content. The content ones will not be so eager to reply than the discontent ones, and even thou they like the update they wount tell you.

I liked the no bitching time, which you had given use after the cooldown. This was good, because when people are upset they often dont think clearly. Imo u should have done the same after this update.

Maybe a poll about this update would be more suitable than just free thread, because then u would have more precise view about the problem.

Eventually i think that pople are the most 'angry' because the source of vials was cut of, therefore u shouldnt change good things in this update, like the 10EP minor mana vials, and new spells.

its not enviromentally sounds if its out of place...even if you're using something as unreactive as SiO2 it will still upset the natural balance somehow. :hehe: lets go dump a load of earth in the water? BAM...reclaimed land.

:D

I need to :D . Mana pots at 10 with reduced cooldown on SRs would have been fine.

lorck youre situation w/ sr still wont change..mp are best way to train now and will be even when they are 5mp again this will not help sr ..i dont see why you want to remove a good thing you should want them to remain they will help you remain in spawn longer then youre 4 veg its true i think even w/ 5 mp only you will still remain in spawn longer then w/ new sr situation..i dunno try it out let me know i am curious.

Edited by mufossa