Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So, what do we think about the new changes?

It will be very cool when the curreny quantity is depleted, people will actually buy the vials from the NPC. And if we keep bitching, we won't have a way to manufacture them, so I highly suggest that you prise the great leader (me) in a similar way the NK people do.

So 43884 entered after update average, and 70297 went out of the game. Whats going to happen when the big oversupply of vials goes? thats gonna mess with the market big time. Yeah, it may work now, but a LONG term solution is gonna be needed. Thought about a chance for a vial to go after being drunk? like 15%

To balance out the average numbers, you'd need closer to a 40% chance to lose it. I suspect that would be even more annoying than having to manufacture them.

Edited by crusadingknight

The move is to revert those two potions to 5 points, and revert the remote heal to what it was in terms of mana, essences and power. The mana drain and harm will stay as they are.

You guys missed a lot because of reverting the remote heal spell, the possibilities were great, like being invisible and healing your team.

why is it one or the other dude? we werent saying its bad, just that it needs tweaking. magpielee has a point when he says that it is a level 3 spell...why not have reageants that depend on level? so the higher your level, the more damage you can do with it, but the more reageants you needed, and you hit the peak of 3 a-piece when you're at level....70? 2 each at 35 and before then its the usual? i dont know how easy this would be to impliment, but it would be an interetsing approach, no?

The move is to revert those two potions to 5 points, and revert the remote heal to what it was in terms of mana, essences and power. The mana drain and harm will stay as they are.

You guys missed a lot because of reverting the remote heal spell, the possibilities were great, like being invisible and healing your team.

Then I ask you, to #1 not rush to revert any of the update ......please leave intact for atleast say, a fortnight.

#2 to repost asking for comments and suggestions at the end of that time.

I would be personally grateful for your reply in this.

thank you.

instead of lowering mana to 5 you could increase Sr to 30..

why does everything have to be decreased every change?

now everyone uses mana potions to train (they will even with only 5 mana..) the Sr is only used for player killing. increase Sr to 30 might make ppl use it for training too again.

people made mana potions at a spawn before update too so making mana potion 5 isn't changing anything.

It will be very cool when the curreny quantity is depleted, people will actually buy the vials from the NPC. And if we keep bitching, we won't have a way to manufacture them, so I highly suggest that you prise the great leader (me) in a similar way the NK people do.

All hail teh mighty and omnipotent ent!!!!

More seriously though and not vial related....

I just has a little thought about remot heal, and the folks griping about the cange, and had a thought which may apease all (and if nor, remember, tis but a suggestion)

Have it at either its lower levels normally, and have it at the higher cost when cast while invisable.... this may work with other spells also, but atm my thoughts are on heal.

That way its effective in pk, but also viable for magic trainers at beam.

Well thats my idea out, run with it, burn it, whatever with it, just font flame about it :whistle:

All I hear is everyone complaining and it makes me sick. Everyone is so self centered. Try to take a step back, take a look at what could possibly be good for the game instead of for yourselves. You make quick judgements without trying it out first. What's that you say, no it's not good for the game? Well then you have come to a decision prematurely.

Give the updates some time to sink in. Will it change the way you play the game - yes. Better or worse? You can't possible know that yet. I haven't even decided what I think about the last 3 updates yet. But as I give them time to sink in, and play with them a bit, I start to see their advantages and disadvantages, then play accordingly.

Like law, innocent until proven guilty, try playing the updates as good until proven otherwise. Try that and you will probably see with constructive criticism, the updates will be tweaked if they are unbalanced, rather then removed and written off as a loss. Maybe the recent update will be a good cash source for the new player just starting out. Give him something to do while reading those long potion books in preperation for a new skill.

Just my 2 cents

Arthur

Then I ask you, to #1 not rush to revert any of the update ......please leave intact for atleast say, a fortnight.

#2 to repost asking for comments and suggestions at the end of that time.

I would be personally grateful for your reply in this.

thank you.

HERE HERE!!!!

That's kind of ironic, because the previous update I did just what you suggested, increase the MP to 10, which triggered so much unhappyness. I also agreed to decrease the cooldown for the SR, which didn't seem to make people happy either.

That's kind of ironic, because the previous update I did just what you suggested, increase the MP to 10, which triggered so much unhappyness. I also agreed to decrease the cooldown for the SR, which didn't seem to make people happy either.

I've seen one big thing in this topic:

People with high a/d are scared to get killed by people who use magic and I think that's a good evolution since you can become a good magician then... Finally the magic system can be used for other things than healing :D

So it's again all high a/d people who are bitching, all other people feel good :)

I was not happy because it made people with 0 vegetal nexus and 0 of potion skill had almost the same advantage (easy mana replenishing at spawn) of people with potion 60 and 4 vegetal nexus.

I was not happy because it made people with 0 vegetal nexus and 0 of potion skill had almost the same advantage (easy mana replenishing at spawn) of people with potion 60 and 4 vegetal nexus.

I hope you do realize this is not the only advantage of 60 potion 4 vegetal nexus.

This WAS the compromise. Make them more powerful, but also cost more. You can't make them more powerful and cost less, because then it's just plain idiotic (those with high magic levels can wipe out everything).

The idea was to make the magic system harder to level up, but more useful. Now I'll make it as it was, easier to level up but not so useful (I am talking about mana drain, harm and remote heal).

I'm saddened to see this changed back, perhaps it's a matter of preference, but i prefer more powerful magic that is harder to attain then easier magic that's less useful.

Perhaps we'll see a change of attitudes in the future and can move forward with the development team's original idea of trying something new with the path magic was taking.

Thanks for all the hard work of the game developers, artists and mods, i suppose there will always be a limit to the percentage of players you can please with any change.

I personally think change is a great thing and creates room for new styles of play and new challenges to the current top players by less developed players.

hmm, one interesting observasion is that every "bitch" post is about something is bad for the fighter, or something that somhow supports the training of fighter skills.

is el realy that focused on the fighter, and by extension on pvp?

It will be very cool when the curreny quantity is depleted, people will actually buy the vials from the NPC.

At 620 emu, I get 60 vials for 20mins of work. That can never balance out the number of vials that is needed.

And if we keep bitching, we won't have a way to manufacture them

Lol. Either way.....when the bitching is filtered out, you can see that people who understand the market economy, give solid suggestions to fix this vial drain, which cannot be compensated by harvy ever, unless the quartz portion is removed.

hmm, one interesting observasion is that every "bitch" post is about something is bad for the fighter, or something that somhow supports the training of fighter skills.

Yes, pretty much, although the manufacturers and harvesters were none too happy about many of the changes in the past and present.

Yes, pretty much, although the manufacturers and harvesters were none too happy about many of the changes in the past and present.

heh, the cooldown one among others?

Would it be possile to incorporate all spell casting into the Conjuror Cloak? This might open a whole new avenue of spell tweaking/mana restore.

well actually, most people were calling for change and adjustments, not that they were actually happier teh way things were. In the beginning most people cared about vials, which i am slowly coming round to, if vials are manufacturable very soon...give it a few weeks and all surplus vials will be out of the game, then we'll be working in negatives causing a massive decrease in money going into the market, which as atahn and myself have explained many times before can only mean the marketplace grinding to a halt.

Will you at least consider some tweaking of the spells, mp, srs?

Would it be possile to incorporate all spell casting into the Conjuror Cloak? This might open a whole new avenue of spell tweaking/mana restore.

Huh?

Huh?

I think he means half the mana needed for spells with conjuger cloack, but that's a bad idea and been discussed many times before on suggestion forum :)

Yes I've thought about the implications of the invis + heal. I healed my highest of 47hp which was great :)

I've already done this in KF without any trouble.

But on the other hand the 3 HEs and 3magic ess and 15 mana is a too drastic change. Its a lvl 3 spell which newbies will use and you've trebled the essences and nearly doubled the mana. All this for a lvl 3 spell previously at 1HE and 1magic ess for 8mana.

There's an oppurtunity here, to make it more consistent and newbie friendly as well:

remote heal at level 3: 1ME + 1 HE, 8 mana

remote heal at level 21: 2ME + 2HE, 12 mana (restore level)

remote heal at level 40: 3ME + 3HE, 15 mana (mana drain level)

I believe the majority of the changes entropy made were to help out the new people (myself being one of them) - from the tutorial npc healing at ip to the boost in health and mana from the minor potions. I passed through ip last night and a new player ran up and just said help me (his health bar was almost empty) i introduced him to the npc and he grabbed his stick and went right back to punishing the denizens of ip. I thought to myself as i watched that this was excellent they don't have to beg anymore -not to belittle the efforts anyone has made to heal everyone at the beam- you have done much good. The boosted minor potions will ensure they spend more time fighting and summoning or practicing magic. As for the magic system any change which would make it a more potent is welcome and the resources to use such force should increase. I don't think anyone playing EL would enjoy it nearly as much if this world were static. I mean no one griped when new armor, swords and ores were released this is simply another change accept it and adapt.