Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So, what do we think about the new changes?

I still don't understand one thing. Why removing the vials was so important that Entrophy prefers loosing half of players than leaving them as they are? Could someone explain this to me?

My guess is that it's a question of resources. Entropy classed it as a bug, which means that it was having some kind of detrimental affect most likely. I would imagine that every item is kept track of individually, and that having large amounts of vials just sitting around was starting to waste resources that didn't need to be wasted. This is particularly true since the number of vials would always increase rather than flatten out, or decrease. Objects were entering the game which were *never* leaving.

I agree Kalach, vials had no sink which would balance them. I think we should let the time decide. New balance will be established. Let's try to live with no vials for some time...

well if it isn't getting changed back then i got another suggestion..

leave the small mana at 10 EP and increase Sr's to 30 EP

well if it isn't getting changed back then i got another suggestion..

leave the small mana at 10 EP and increase Sr's to 30 EP

Good one, I agree.

lo0l

GG economy, no re.

direction of this game? down :omg:

direction you'll be going soon...out of these forums.

Forum Rule:

9. Use Constructive Criticism

Do not insult the developers or implementations of the game. When a new addition is made to the game and you find something wrong with it, then phrase your words in a thoughtful and meaningful way that people will be willing to respond to. Back your ideas or opinions up by facts or good, well thought out suggestions.

i suggest

1) you read your own rules

2) you read my posts and see that more often than not i do give constructive criticism.

3) take out suggestion forums and any threads like this because you never listen and do what you want anyway.

4) Errare humanum est, in errore perservare stultum.

i agree SRs should regen more points.. and i am poor.. so i usually give ingrediants to friends who make me some cheap srs... now that i cant get vials any more... im screwed.

i suggest

1) you read your own rules

2) you read my posts and see that more often than not i do give constructive criticism.

3) take out suggestion forums and any threads like this because you never listen and do what you want anyway.

4) Errare humanum est, in errore perservare stultum.

Break the forum rules just one more time and you'll be forum suspened for 1 year, Zaer.

I still don't understand one thing. Why removing the vials was so important that Entrophy prefers loosing half of players than leaving them as they are? Could someone explain this to me?

How about you fucking spell my nick properly?

Eternal Lands has no fixed classes or professions, so you can always do new things and develop new skills without having to create a new character!

(Taken from EL home page)

How many ppl want to be able to potion, manufacture,summon and use all these cool skills without it being detrimental to their combat? I know i would and judging by the way so many ppl have levels on several skills I would believe many share the same view. I know dozens of ppl who have alt chars, one for fighting one for everything else.

If it were a class based game then that comment would not be on the OFFICIAL HOME PAGE!!!

Dude, you don't get it, do you?

Are you limited by classes in real life? If you are like me and most of the people, then you aren't. You can do whatever you want.

Does that mean that you can be good at everythign you try? Maybe. Does it mean you can be the best at everything you do, if you do multiple things? No way!

I think its offtopic to discuss nexus here. But i will do anyway. :omg:

Its ridiculous that a fighter become less capable as fighter because his hobby is to make jewels in free time. In a roleplaying point of view nexuses are lame.

No, it isn't. If you have other hobbies as well you will spend more money and time in them, so less time and money for the fighting.

My guess is that it's a question of resources. Entropy classed it as a bug, which means that it was having some kind of detrimental affect most likely. I would imagine that every item is kept track of individually, and that having large amounts of vials just sitting around was starting to waste resources that didn't need to be wasted. This is particularly true since the number of vials would always increase rather than flatten out, or decrease. Objects were entering the game which were *never* leaving.

No, the items are not stored individually, thanks god. Nevertheless, the players were never supposed to get the vials cheaper from Mira than from Harvy, and Harvy was supposed to be used for that.

One other reason is that now the potioners will need to be near Harvy, while leveling up, which means they can not crowd other storages.

I think we're getting a bit off topic here. Maybe close this thread Ent, open up a new thread at the end of the week, title

'How we can make this update work better for everyone'

Keep it tightly modded so no flames or pointless remarks, no repeated ideas/suggestions/opinions to make it less of a free for all.

Then maybe start movign forwards again?

First of all I want to thank Ent/Roja and the rest of dev team for the (on the whole) great work they have done with the latest updates, which i can enjoy for free.....great work, thanks! :omg:

I know that the decision on the vials has allready been made, but I wanted to voice my opinion nonetheless.

Despite I understand the reason for it (the evergrowing vial stacks....), I am afraid it will have a significant influence on the economy. This is not because of the price of 1 vial at Harvey (like ent said it aint the end of the world), but it is the number of vials used combined with the price what is of importance. I do not have hard numbers on this but I would dare to say that FP and SRS are the most used items ingame. With this change, the price of these two items raised with several GC each, combined with the huge numbers they are used, this means a serious moneysink. There is, on the other hand, no extra income for players to compensate this sink, meaning less money in economy.

And with the huge economy thread in my thoughts I am afraid this can only mean one thing.....more people at PL lupine bush, since they have to generate more money for same number of potions, or money to buy vials.

But we will see how it goes, I am one of the lucky players with a decent vial stack so I wont be botherd by it any time soon..... :omg:

This update is wonderful!!!! PPL should not bitch at all. At least we get new stuff all the time. :omg:

We have to take the good with the bad. Just like in RL

This is one of the first games that we as gamers have a chance to talk to developers.

Some of our ideas get in the game and we should be proud that our ideas get in. :omg:

4 vegetal is useless now for lot of ppl ...

reset from 107 oa for person who play w/o perks only beacuse he has 4 vegetal ... :omg:

i dont like it ... :omg:

I reset from oa 121 because of this :omg: I hope mana pots Stay this way though, because if I can get away with making mana pots instead of SRs it makes life much easier... Don't have to worry about blue quartz any more, or failing to make the potion. Also I could be wrong, but I think both SRs and mana pots have the same chance for making EMPs. If i make mana pots tho, I can make twice as many of them per training run, so I get 2x as much EMPs as usual.

Don't know what effect this will have on potioners though... Seems like SRs are the main thing they make.

Edited by roos

I think we're getting a bit off topic here. Maybe close this thread Ent, open up a new thread at the end of the week, title

Keep it tightly modded so no flames or pointless remarks, no repeated ideas/suggestions/opinions to make it less of a free for all.

Maybe have a poll to vote on SRs giving 25mana with mana potions giving 10. Even still, you can't please everyone.

I reset from oa 121 because of this :omg: I hope mana pots Stay this way though, because if I can get away with making mana pots instead of SRs it makes life much easier... Don't have to worry about blue quartz any more, or failing to make the potion. Also I could be wrong, but I think both SRs and mana pots have the same chance for making EMPs. If i make mana pots tho, I can make twice as many of them per training run, so I get 2x as much EMPs as usual.

Don't know what effect this will have on potioners though... Seems like SRs are the main thing they make.

Well, I am afraid you rested prematurely, because they ARE going to get back to 5.

Maybe have a poll to vote on SRs giving 25mana with mana potions giving 10. Even still, you can't please everyone.

I dont think its for us to hold the Poll, its up to Entropy to do so...Radu, whats your move?

The move is to revert those two potions to 5 points, and revert the remote heal to what it was in terms of mana, essences and power. The mana drain and harm will stay as they are.

You guys missed a lot because of reverting the remote heal spell, the possibilities were great, like being invisible and healing your team.

and also because there were WAY too many vials in the game.

We might, however, make them manufacturable.

Sadly enough, the number of vials in the game has absolutely nothing to do with the potion skill. It has to do with all other skills.

Manufacturing vials (and I hope a crafting level 0 no fail combine), is a good antidote this loss of vials, but it would have been enough to just remove the vials from feasting potions as that's where all the vials come from in the first place. Or one could change the price of feasting at mira to 25gc, so that potioners will actually be able to sell them. :pinch:

The move is to revert those two potions to 5 points, and revert the remote heal to what it was in terms of mana, essences and power. The mana drain and harm will stay as they are.

You guys missed a lot because of reverting the remote heal spell, the possibilities were great, like being invisible and healing your team.

Yes I've thought about the implications of the invis + heal. I healed my highest of 47hp which was great :pinch:

I've already done this in KF without any trouble.

But on the other hand the 3 HEs and 3magic ess and 15 mana is a too drastic change. Its a lvl 3 spell which newbies will use and you've trebled the essences and nearly doubled the mana. All this for a lvl 3 spell previously at 1HE and 1magic ess for 8mana.

Changing it to 2HE and 2magic and having it at 10-12 mana (as well as tuning down the effect a tiny bit to reflect these changes) is a simple enough move. The mana should be lowered because its likely that a new player will be using mana potions instead of SRs (which is now down to 5 again) and keeping it at 15 is excessive.

This tweak is simple enough. I don't see why there should be any difficulties - even if its just a temporary move to see how others react to this beneficial move.

Edited by MagpieLee

BTW, to have an idea how many vials entered a game every day (average day)

Empty Vial:

Quantity entered: 97101

Quantity removed: -60230

Quantity breakdown

Entry:

Bag: 9655

Npc: 520

Exit:

Bag: -8388

Labour: -51842

And after the update:

Empty Vial:

Quantity entered: 43884

Quantity removed: -70297

Quantity breakdown

Entry:

Bag: 13650

Npc: 7130

Exit:

Bag: -12842

Labour: -57455

Empty Vial:

Quantity breakdown

Entry:

Exit:

And after the update:

Empty Vial:

Quantity breakdown

Entry:

Exit:

Yes, but WHY a large oversupply of vials is something bad?

Empty Vial:

Quantity breakdown

Entry:

Exit:

And after the update:

Empty Vial:

Quantity breakdown

Entry:

Exit:

So 43884 entered after update average, and 70297 went out of the game. Whats going to happen when the big oversupply of vials goes? thats gonna mess with the market big time. Yeah, it may work now, but a LONG term solution is gonna be needed. Thought about a chance for a vial to go after being drunk? like 15%