Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So, what do we think about the new changes?

make sr's stackable maybe? That way those that used to make sr's at the spawn can still carry the same amount of sr's on them? I dunno, just a suggestion.

Yeah, and those who never made SRs on spot can carry huge quantities of pots to spawn without spending 4 pps in veg nexus. And the fighters who used to make would be screwed. Nice suggestion.

Well, the game is still in Beta. Which means two things:

Experimenting with stuff, and fixing bugs/adding more maps, monsters, etc.

This thing with the vials not beign returned falls under the "fixing bugs" category. So I am afraid it will stay, regardless of whether you like it or not.

The MP and HP give 10 points was under the experimentation thing, and was also meant as a gift. Since you guys complained so much about your precious pickpoints, and how the SR is totally so useless now, I offered to tweak their cooldowns. That would have meant a lower cooldown for the SR, which I thought you would have appreciated. But it turned out it wasn't good enough, so I concluded this particular experiment is not worth it, which is why those two potions will just be 5 points.

The new magic system was also an experiment, and from what I've seen, people were largly unhappy with it. Some complained that it's too powerful, others that it's so hard to level now. So this is also a failed experiment.

Again, those two things were not REQUIRED for the game, I just hoped people will like them.

The required stuff, like getting rid of the vials, stays no matter what. Even if half the players will quit, it will still stay, because the well being of he game as a whole is more important.

Ok, understood, loud and clear. May I just ask why getting rid of the vials was so important with the game? I'm a new player and I don't know the game too well...

awww labour day :wub: :wub: but i am stubborn and won't use srs for training - too expensive =/

I beg once more, please do what you want but give us back vials from srs. We won't eat all your finger, hand, body. At least i wont :o It is not the best to get rid of vials from game by doing hard and expensive already training skills.

I know one guy who typed #killme yes because of this update already. We are people not machines and we play for FUN and relax from everyday's hard work in real.

BTW. Atmosfear is a PKer! :ph34r:

Edited by NitageR

How is it useless, you just make up a bunch BEFORE you go to train. Therefore your pp are still put to use.

The whole point in making the pots on spot is to have an increased spawn time compared to those who dont make.

If everyone is able to carry loads of SR (even those who cant make) the avantage is null.

Edited by Lorck

The MP and HP give 10 points was under the experimentation thing, and was also meant as a gift. Since you guys complained so much about your precious pickpoints, and how the SR is totally so useless now, I offered to tweak their cooldowns. That would have meant a lower cooldown for the SR, which I thought you would have appreciated. But it turned out it wasn't good enough, so I concluded this particular experiment is not worth it, which is why those two potions will just be 5 points.

The new magic system was also an experiment, and from what I've seen, people were largly unhappy with it. Some complained that it's too powerful, others that it's so hard to level now. So this is also a failed experiment.

*I* would have appreciated a faster cooldown on SRs, which would have made levelling magic faster thus compensating for the new magic system. The new harm spell was also a lot of fun.

If its too powerful. Tweak it down a tiny bit.

Its its too hard to lvl (in terms of mana/essence). Tweak it a tad to make it more feasible. I don't see why there should be a problem when the solution is so simple. Fine tune it gradually and everyone will be happy.

How is it useless, you just make up a bunch BEFORE you go to train. Therefore your pp are still put to use.

The whole point in making the pots on spot is to have an increased spawn time compared to those who dont make.

If everyone is able to carry loads of SR (even those who cant make) the avantage is null.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Comprimise can be beneficial tho.

Well, the game is still in Beta. Which means two things:

Experimenting with stuff, and fixing bugs/adding more maps, monsters, etc.

This thing with the vials not beign returned falls under the "fixing bugs" category. So I am afraid it will stay, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Again, those two things were not REQUIRED for the game, I just hoped people will like them.

The required stuff, like getting rid of the vials, stays no matter what. Even if half the players will quit, it will still stay, because the well being of he game as a whole is more important.*

i have played long enough to understand the game and not getting vials back from sr's isn't solving anything..

yes it solves the loads of empty vials problem but it creates so much more problems.

and i know for sure just adding an npc that buy's vials won't create problems but would solve it.

people who play the game know how changes will affect them and in general, why not ask them if it's good or not before changing?

*players make the game (what would a game be without players?) making players satisfied is good for the well being of the game.

Edited by Hardcore

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Comprimise can be beneficial tho.

Because you and the whole fighting side of your guild dont spent 4 pickpoints in vegetal nexus. :ph34r:

Probably jumped of joy when the mana pots who were better than SRs came, making people who trained pots and spent nexus feel stupid.

EDIT: get real, you want change to make your life easier. If you want to get a mana source at spawn train pot and spend nexus, like everyone else did.

=====

About the magic system: i think the current one (big harms, etc) is fine. I just ask for some chance of protection for pvper who dont involve tons of essences or pots.

EDIT: To Istiach: yay, and i was the rude guy.

EDIT2: To Ladywolf: Duh, so you dont have vegetal nexus as i said.

Some people like me, Bofred, Nitager, Masterpiter, and several several others choosed 4 pps in vegetal instead of coord or phys or will. And that to have advantage in fighting. Making it change to favor others is unfair. If that changed is made there should be a vegetal nexus reset and the pickpoints spent give back to everyone so they may choose again.

Edited by Lorck

no actually i had 4 veg for 16 months of game play untill i reset in may, havent bothered to take the 4 nex back yet because i had 10k sr's stocked up in storage.

Radu, why the need for its all or nothing? The concepts of most of the ideas were very credible, they just need tweaking to make them work better in game.

Its times like this you need to work WITH the playerbase to work out how to make changes better for the whole.

This is just my advice, i'm not knocking you, and i know you're sick of preppy kids telling you this and that...but you need more than one persons input on these desicions.

Edited by pennifuin

First of all i think it is cool that ent is attempting to make changes to help the game and i think we all should give them time and see how they turn out. Everyone hated cooldown including me but we all worked around it.

One of the things i keep seeing is the complaint that people can become invisible and wait for pvpers to get low hp and harm to kill them. Well first of all how long do you think invisible spell lasts. Second of all everyone with high enough magic to kill a pvper at 40+ health with harm most likely has enough a/d to do the same with a high level weapon.

For as long as i can remember people have said there is no point in raising your magic over 49 to cast restore and i have heard over and over how it would be nice if magic reflected levels instead of set amount of damage/gain. Now ent finally does it and then everyone complains. This is the way i look at it you can kill someone during pvp with new harm damage or with strong weapon either way same outcome. As far as pking goes almost everyone uses magic immunity during pking so the new harm damage makes no difference there and if you don't use it or it runs out you are gonna be mana drained and harmed anyway.

As far as potions/vials goes what have you accoplished complaining to ent we still lose vials from sr and now we lose the mana/health benefit from mp/hp and the prices are still higher.

And one more thing lorck you have no idea what i use or don't use when i fight so i would appreciate it if you would keep your comments about me and what i do to yourself. All you are doin is assuming and you know what they say about assuming. This topic is to ask what we thought of new changes not for you to come and make remarks about other players.

do i graduate now :)

Edited by xanter

first of all i think it is cool that ent is attempting to make changes to help the game and i think we all should give them time and see how they turn out everyone hated cooldown including me but we all worked around it. one of the things i keep seeing is the complaint that people can become invisible and wait for pvpers to get low hp and harm to kill them well first of all how long do you think invisible spell lasts second of all everyone with high enough magic to kill a pvper at 40+ health with harm most likely has enough a/d to do the same with a high level weapon. for as long as i can remember people have said there is no point in raising your magic over 49 to cast restore and i have heard over and over how it would be nice if magic reflected levels instead of set amount of damage/gain now ent finally does it and then everyone complains this is the way i look at it you can kill someone during pvp with new harm damage or with strong weapon either way same outcome, as far as pking goes almost everyone uses magic immunity during pking so the new harm damage makes no difference there and if you don't use it or it runs out you are gonna be mana drained and harmed anyway. as far as potions/vials goes what have you accoplished complaining to ent we still lose vials from sr and now we lose the mana/health benefit from mp/hp and the prices are still higher. and one more thing lorck you have no idea what i use or don't use when i fight so i would appreciate it if you would keep your comments about me and what i do to yourself cause all you are doin is assuming and you know what they say about assuming, this topic is to ask what we thought of new changes not for you to come and make remarks about other players.

Well said :)

Xanter, as always, you made an effort to not be understood by not using puntuaction, and i hate to read this kind of stuff. Plz, since you are a native speaker a little grammar would do only good for you. Also its a good thing to split your post in several paragraphs since it makes more easy and a lot more pleasent to read. Thanks in advance.

About the topic you implied, Pyewacket said that it would be useful for people who has vegetal nexus to mix SRs to obtain EMPs and EMP is required to pking.

My reply was that is too expensive to do that, and only a few players like you (and probably he only know you as true hardcore pker) use that extensively. So EMP is not required to pking, at least is not required by most of pkers, maybe its help your style of playing but not everyone is like you.

Xanter, as always, you made an effort to not be understood by not using puntuaction, and i hate to read this kind of stuff. Plz, since you are a native speaker a little grammar would do only good for you. Also its a good thing to split your post in several paragraphs since it makes more easy and a lot more pleasent to read. Thanks in advance.

Yes please..i totally ignore such posts with no punctuation or paragraph indentation. If you want us to read it, then make it readable!

i have periods commas in the right places i believe and my i's are dotted and my t's crossed but i would be more than happy to have one of you send me a copy of my post correctly punctuated

First of all i think it is cool that ent is attempting to make changes to help the game, and i think we all should give them time and see how they turn out. Everyone hated cooldown including me, but we all worked around it.

One of the things i keep seeing is the complaint that people can become invisible and wait for pvpers to get low hp and harm to kill them. Well, first of all how long do you think invisible spell lasts, second of all everyone with high enough magic to kill a pvper at 40+ health with harm most likely has enough a/d to do the same with a high level weapon.

For as long as i can remember, people have said there is no point in raising your magic over 49 to cast restore, and i have heard over and over how it would be nice if magic reflected levels instead of set amount of damage/gain. Now ent finally does it and then everyone complains this is the way i look at it you can kill someone during pvp with new harm damage or with strong weapon either way same outcome.

As far as pking goes almost everyone uses magic immunity during pking so the new harm damage makes no difference there. If you don't use it or it runs out you are gonna be mana drained and harmed anyway.

As far as potions/vials goes what have you accoplished complaining to ent we still lose vials from sr and now we lose the mana/health benefit from mp/hp and the prices are still higher.

And one more thing lorck, you have no idea what i use or don't use when i fight, so i would appreciate it if you would keep your comments about me and what i do to yourself cause all you are doin is assuming and you know what they say about assuming. This topic is to ask what we thought of new changes not for you to come and make remarks about other players.

Edited by Lorck

Ok, i will try to comment about stuff said in the post, since i can read it now. My first initial react comment was made because someone pmed saying that Xanter was flaming me in this topic because i said he used EMPs.

I agree the magic system is more balanced now with more powerful spells rewarding those who trained magic.

About being attacked while pvping and being harmed while pvping: when you get attacked by an invisible character you get an opportunity to quickly dis+tele. If you are the target of a high level harm you will go to the underworld without reaction possible.

About the effects of mana potion being reduced is to balance things out. Because the way it was SR was worst than MP. And the price is high at Mira to reflect the cost of the vial included in the cost of the potion.

And finally about you using EMPs... people can just look at how many restores you do per fight and judge for themselves.

Lorck the English teacher.

Nah, i am noob in english, i am not a native speaker and i already got flamed for not using correct grammar in other threads. All i tried to do is make easier to other people read xanter's post.

Guest enyaw

Entropy Please Read this is directed at you. While there are several components of your recent changes that I have issues with, I suggest that you:

1. Leave things exactly the way they are for now.
  2. Don't read this thread for a week (It'll only frustrate you).
  3. Open a new thread in 1 week and see how people feel.
  4. Act or don't, based on the value of the comments one week from now.

I for one can wait a week to see if the changes impact the game the way my gut says they will. Any specific issues and venting I need to do I will do in GM and on the guild forum. If I have any constructive comments a week from now I'll share them. If you find them with merit please feel free to incorporate them. Or respond to them at that time.

I

I have seen suggestions for two levels of remote heal requiring different numbers of essences. I propose this.

1. return remote heal to its 1&1 prior level.
  2. create a remote restore that is 4&4.

This would put the remote spells on par with the personal ones (1HE heal and 4HE restoration).

Ooh I like the idea of a remote restore. :D

And, Entropy and Roja, you know players love this game and most really appreciate all your work. Don't get discouraged because of griping.....is just evidence game is important to people.

Edited by shamara

it was not an attemted flame it was merely a request. the remark made about me using emps was in no way needed to prove your point and was only put there to make a negative remark about me.

when you are invisible and you click attack or cast an offensive spell you become visible but you also attack/cast at the same time.

now if i was to go invisible and wait for a pvper to get low on hp and attack them with thermal serp i could do 40+ damage and kill them in one hit. if i went invisible and stood there and waited for a pvper to get low on hp and cast harm on them when they got below 40 hp i would become visible just when i cast it and kill them in one spell casting.

so whats the difference? end result is still a dead pvper.

My opinion on the no vials from potions:

Okay, I realize it was to add "balance" to the game, and yes they're were tons of them, for good reason. The balance depends on how you look at it. The potion price will all dramatically go up, but that's a bad thing because they're good priced right now, and SR's bring potioneers a hefty sum right now. It's VERY unrealistic though, unless were getting FFT on everyone, and we're smashing them over our head to use them :D But you usally *DRINK* potions, therefore leaving a vial.