Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So, what do we think about the new changes?

Oh, I thought a few weeks ago we were complaining of how newbies can get an iron set in just one day of harvesting, now mid level players can't buy vials from Harvy. So sad.

That's the problem Ent, we (i put myself as newbie) can make one full plate harvesting, not potioning, manuing or crafting. That's something to look into, imvho.

(Making Vials manuable is lovely, tho :) )

Oh, I thought a few weeks ago we were complaining of how newbies can get an iron set in just one day of harvesting, now mid level players can't buy vials from Harvy. So sad.

That's the problem Ent, we (i put myself as newbie) can make one full plate harvesting, not potioning, manuing or crafting. That's something to look into, imvho.

(Making Vials manuable is lovely, tho :) )

exactly!

All added things are fine, except that losing vials after drinking a potion makes absolutely no sense. Trying to reduce the amount of specific items again? It will work, but it won't improve the big picture situation at all.

Vials should be manufacturable (haven't you been promising this for months?), and should not be sold by an npc.

I dislike the new remote heal spell for the following reasons:

. takes 3x the essenses for less than 3x the healing (at lvl 39)

. no increase in XP given (which I guess is expected)

. the total of 6 essies is a rather steep investment for newbies getting started with the second available spell, perhaps if it was just 2x instead?

This negatively effects all the new hopeful mages by making healing at IP a waste of time. Cost of HE and ME with cooldown and now 3x the ingreds. I do not need to remote heal at my level, but I feel sorry for the people just starting.

On the other hand, I really like the fact that the amount healed is proportional to your level. It makes sense and is a very good incentive to raise your levels to help heal others who are training.

Edited by Drakos7

New potions - good for high-level potioners and for those without high magic level to cast invisibility. I think this is a very good addition, potioners dont have many exciting things to make at the moment. :)

No more vials - :icon13: this is a BIG change. If the only source for new vials is Harvy this is going to be interesting - the downside that it is going to be hard for people with only moderate potioning levels now. We will have to see what the new vial price is. To be honest potioning has been a little on the easy side compared to manu/craft, and this change will:

(i) Increase cost to make potions (because vial price goes up)

(ii) Decrease value of potions (because you don't get a vial after drinking)

thus giving a sharp dose of economic reality :(

Increased price of feasting pot seems reasonable - personally i think it should go up more (15gc+). The cost to produce it is greater than 12gc, so it should not be the case that you can buy it from npc for that price. This price will look silly if the market price for vials gets into the 8-10gc range.

Lowering axe nexi makes things more consistent - but unless some of the new armour/weapons require nexus of 7, i predict much bitching from those who have already spent the pp.

Increasing esses required for spells will make it much harder for those who dont have high magic already. Perhaps exp should rise slightly too?

Isn't the formula for poison damage just equivalent to duration_left_seconds/30?

Edited by Mundaus

The new spell formulas are not carved in stone.

We might tweak them a little, but we'll see.

Mundaus:

No, the formula is not equivalent. With your formula, the damage would be 0 when the interval is less than 30 seconds.

Can I ask if command #list_buddy will be implemented in the game? I didnt remember my all players on my buddy list. I think that command #clear_buddy dont solve situation. :)

Thumbs up on the no more vial thing :)

A little challange to an already easy skill. Harvy will be in use. Potion prices back on the upswing

No longer get vial from drinking potion. Therefore potion worth less. Therefore price goes down. (Maybe)

One for the economists to argue over.

The latest 3 new potions wiull bring some money to the potioners, so long as they read the books. So the vials were removed to compensate a little bit, and also because there were WAY too many vials in the game.

We might, however, make them manufacturable.

I guess these new potions will be high level, in which case not all potioners benefit (though all have the problems of increased vial prices). Do people buy anything other than feasting pots from Mira? Maybe a less radical way of cutting the number of vials is to just make feasting pots not leave a vial. (This is irrelevant if vials are made manuable, of course.)

Oh, shit, Mundaus was right about the formula. Oh well.

Thanks for the great sig! :(

Should clarify that I quite like these changes overall, and I think Ent should probably ignore any bitching (especially from me :icon13: ) because we don't really know what the effects will be. Mundaus (self-)muted :)

anotehr idea is with Mira, have a trade in option for potions, you have a 3gc reduction in price when purchased with a vial? that way vial numbers would stay at a somewhat steadier level....

Also, instead of having a complete critical fail, just have a Vial loss. not the other ingreds...

'You have failed to make potion of [x], because you have dropped the vial'

Edited by pennifuin

i think the ingreds should be lost, not the vial. You mix the ingreds in your mortar (usually) and then pour them into a vial. Clumsy folk might spill the potion, make it wrong, ...

i think the ingreds should be lost, not the vial. You mix the ingreds in your mortar (usually) and then pour them into a vial. Clumsy folk might spill the potion, make it wrong, ...

you're missing the point, its to decrease the numbers of vials in game..you would still have critical fails where you lose everything, but vial loss would be more frequent due to the aparent need to get rid of teh large stock of them.

after playing for a while i also have deciaded i dont like the increase on essences used in spells either, makes it 3x more expensive to train it, that will make ppl spend more on essences yes thats good for economy, if u r an alchemist but alchemists already make a profit on essences, its the other areas that tend to lose money.

BTW i am an alchemist mostly. im glad im close to lvl 21 magic and i hope that doesnt need more HE's to cast it.

:) I can understand that the servers may be getting full of vials and that there might be too much to make vials worth anything. However, I would like to suggest a different way of correcting this issue.

If you fight, equipped items can be busted.

If you drink a potion, the vials can be busted.

Doesn't it make sense to have it be a random chance for the vials breaking instead of all of this potion type and none of this potion type?

If you make it a random chance, fighters will only need to bring like 10 extra vials to cover breakage so they can mix on the go and the vials decrease in numbers.

Please let me know what you think of my little idea.

Ok so basically every normal pot price has risen and we wont get vials from anything above minor healing.

So my 2 area's of interest are:

1. Will the cooldowns be adjusted to be more proportionate since the cost is gunna burn and make things

more awkward.

2. Will the food level for the player be increased ( either from an attribute or total OA ).. to become more

realistic.

Hopefully not banned for touching on what i do see as valid areas of the game...

J0wn

I've just tested Harm & Mana Drain..

IMHO, both do too much.. I can hit 35+ with Harm, and hit 30 Mana of someone too.. This seems to be very high.. 2-3 Mana Drains and you have no Mana..

But thats just MO.

A little challange to an already easy skill. Harvy will be in use. Potion prices back on the upswing

No longer get vial from drinking potion. Therefore potion worth less. Therefore price goes down. (Maybe)

I'm with Ghrae. I really don't think it will take that long to burn through pretty much every excess empty vial in EL at the rate potions are consumed (and, due to the huge likelihood of the upswing in potion prices, I'll probably have to drop my plan for purchasing 1k SRs this week.) Remember, those of us buying potions aren't really in an area to negotiate (no SRs = no training, really), so the price is technically decided by the vendors and potion makers.

Edited by crusadingknight

How about we don't lose the vials on drinking the potions until we have a means to manu them ourselves?

People aren't going to make up a bunch of vials just to sell if there is not much profit in it. Those of us who would use the ones we make would have the added hassel of making the vial to go along with making the pots anyhow... add that to a failure rate on making the vials and the problem would take care of itself.

We shouldn't lose the vials until we have a way to manu them ourselves.

I'm with Ghrae. I really don't think it will take that long to burn through pretty much every excess empty vial in EL at the rate potions are consumed (and, due to the huge likelihood of the upswing in potion prices, I'll probably have to drop my plan for purchasing 1k SRs this week.) Remember, those of us buying potions aren't really in an area to negotiate (no SRs = no training, really), so the price is technically decided by the vendors and potion makers.

on that note needing more essences adds to the down side of ppl training, now they have to spend more money on essences and more money on SR's

How about we don't lose the vials on drinking the potions until we have a means to manu them ourselves?

People aren't going to make up a bunch of vials just to sell if there is not much profit in it. Those of us who would use the ones we make would have the added hassel of making the vial to go along with making the pots anyhow... add that to a failure rate on making the vials and the problem would take care of itself.

We shouldn't lose the vials until we have a way to manu them ourselves.

agree

Some people believe that we will all die now because vials are no longer a by product of a used potion.

Others believe that fighters will suffer because potion levels might return to about 15-20gc per.

But then again... fighters just got virtually exclusive control over the 3 new books in game. Not a bad deal. They could either sell to the highest bidder (what will probably happen for the next 2-3 weeks) or trade for the potions they want.

Perhaps they can even make deal with the more trusted potion makers (i.e. new special book for cheaper potions from now on, etc).

u do have a good point there, except the new books r droped by creatures too strong for alot of the fighters. i know there r alot that can kill them but there r even more that cant.

i hadnt thought of it that way tho so that does even it out a bit

I'm a potioner and here's my thoughts on the losing of vials. Generally I like the idea. Vials a very easy to get and I put a very low price on them. I always have vials on hand. The problem I have with the lose of vials is that it's not easy to get them back. Buying from harry(harvy?) is just a pain. I hate having to run back and forth to him and storage. Especially when I don't get many vials on each run. Buying from players is ok, if there's someone on that's selling. If no one has vials for sale and I'm out then I can't make any potions.

I think being able to manu vials will fix this and I look forward to that change. If that is not happening soon, then maybe have Mira sell vials? Even if they cost 7gc each, at least it's an easier source of vials than harry.

Others believe that fighters will suffer because potion levels might return to about 15-20gc per.

Some smart individual has spotted that things are much better than this for fighters. Mana pots now give 10 ethereal points and the cooldown is less than half of that for sr. So mana pots are better for gaining ethereal points quickly when training. Further - you get to keep the vial with mana pots. Further still - mana pots are 100% success and no nexus required - so even pure fighters can make them. Just stack up on wine and lupes and a few vials, mix the mana pots while waiting for respawns. Never give any hard won gc to a greedy potioner again. :P

EDIT: SR = 2*(mana pot) - 2*(vial)

New price for vial about 8gc

So new price for SR about 4gc :omg:

Edited by Mundaus