Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So, what do we think about the new changes?

New Potions sound good IMO.. But, just how Rare are those Books? :)

Err I beg you, do not remove the vials you get from drinking potions. (Begging was ok, right? Its not bitching anyway)

Other then that.. I think its all fine.. Good changes.

I can't say that I think the higher vial cost is going to be a good thing, especially so with the no more vials from potions other than minor healing/mana.

Edit: Aside from that, Hurrah! A poison cure.

Edited by Hazor

No more vials from using potions (except for minor healing and mana)

i think alot of people count on those vials.

Edited by Algorn

I think i am gonna like these changes. I will assume that extra mana pots will still leave empty vials since these are derivative of minor mana and sr pots?

The latest 3 new potions wiull bring some money to the potioners, so long as they read the books. So the vials were removed to compensate a little bit, and also because there were WAY too many vials in the game.

We might, however, make them manufacturable.

Some spells (mana drain, harm, remote heal) require more mana and ingredients, but their effect is proportional to the magic level (much more proportional than before, that is)

What exactly does that mean? :):omg:

For some strange reason Ive stopped nera selling vials to the general public (well priced em at 40 to non guild so effectivly stopped selling them)

Im suddenly not so worried about her storage full of em :)

I'm quite pleased with vials being removed, however, I think they SHOULD be manuable soon.

The vial market is now saturated, soon will be very very hot place.

Other changes :thumb up:

To make the vials manufacturable would be a godsend, and great fun

Just a note on the vials Entropy, what about the fighters? I mix SRs as I train, now I need to drag another 60 vials along too or so? It's already hard to have so much stuff on me..

Agreed that you do it to compensate on the potioners but you're hurting the fighters along with it.

I am glad that that you wont get any vials from potions, although there should be 1-2 more lower potions that gives u vails.. i love the idea as potions can be sold for high prices than they are now. and glad about the yeti/giant raise/reduce thing think i might actually get to kill a few solo lol :)

The latest 3 new potions wiull bring some money to the potioners, so long as they read the books. So the vials were removed to compensate a little bit, and also because there were WAY too many vials in the game.

We might, however, make them manufacturable.

I'd be good with manufacturable, I think. But what skill would it give experience to? Manufacturing? And can we get a general idea on the levels for making these potions, or will we have to find that on our own?

I'm curious to see how much Harvy will like this, before commenting, but i think that now an higher money loot from monsters wouldn't be that bad.

Guest Martynowski

Good update, but vials should be left after drinking all potions because everyone needs them and since mana potions raised in price it makes it that much harder to get them.

IMO the only thing i dont like is the not having vials after drinking a potion

good-vial value will go up, manu will slow IF ppl start to use cooked meat to save money

bad-vial cost will go up, it will be harder to get vials

i had more reasons for bad but my thought train derailed, i dont think this one really follows they way real life works, u dont consume a vial when u drink out of it, other than the vials, i think its a really good update, keep up hte good work guys

edit: i like the manuable vial idea, if that implemented i dont mind losing vials when drinking them

Edited by Happy_G

Im potioner and I dont like the idea of no more easy-to-get vials, i had never any problem with too many vials. Well, potions will much more expensive, not my problem thought.

I don't mind the no Vials thing, IMO it's going to be better for everyone in the long run, and I also like the idea of making them Manu'able. :)

Looks ok, altought i havnt tested anything of it yet

but the vials lose looks verry bad for potioners and pot mixers when pvp

also more ess for mana drain and harm ? brrrrr some people on low lvl now do low damage and pay alot essence :)

New changes? these include the new sets of weap/ armos too right?

Well IMO the level u set for making them i belive u started from the top 5 level manuers!

But still i guess it's way to high for some1 leveled 70s in manu still having such a big failrate on the new weaps armors ! yes for the tit set i understand but .....they all require a high level in manu ! :):(

An the ingreds lets say for 1 tit plate will be gathered in like 1 day if u're doing it alone !

All in all i think the changes are nice and the monsters and the new pots and amor / weap sets :icon13:

Thumbs up on the no more vial thing :)

A little challange to an already easy skill. Harvy will be in use. Potion prices back on the upswing

sounds all very good, apart rom what Ssj has just asked...why have you removed the ability to recover vials from potions?

Is this an attempt to create yet another cash sink? One major problem with the market is that people do not have that much spare cash, and are therefore not willing to part with it. At the moment money is not going into the market, spread as it should be to all corners of the market, weopons, armours, potions and ess..because people arent willing to pay for most things because gold is so hard earned already. I see the removal of vials from used potions as increasing the strain...but then again its your call boss.(please dont see this as bitching, but as contructive crit as its all in good faith)

New potions = Good way of opening up the market for those unable to cast the new spells, giving them a chance of keeping up with those capable of using them. Should add a little extra spice in the PvP arena. Its nice to see many ways to obtain the same result, diversity is one of an MMO's greatest tool. To a certain extent its not what you can do, its how many ways you can do it.

I dont know what to think about the spell adjustments, on one hand for practical use i hope it will inprove things obv being able to heal others more quickly, (will be great for mages who want to tag along and heal fighters against team monsters, yeti/giant) and harm for a combat option. but in terms of being able to level using the spells...Does it churn out more exp/mana+ingr? or is there an exp reduction in the long run?

Smart move with the NPC healing, hopefully now the new bees at beam will not be asking for a heal every 2 minutes.

New pot books, just how rare are we talking?

Oh, I thought a few weeks ago we were complaining of how newbies can get an iron set in just one day of harvesting, now mid level players can't buy vials from Harvy. So sad.

The new pot books are very rare, only the top 3 monsters will drop them, the chance being about 1/300 or so.

Oh, I thought a few weeks ago we were complaining of how newbies can get an iron set in just one day of harvesting, now mid level players can't buy vials from Harvy. So sad.

The new pot books are very rare, only the top 3 monsters will drop them, the chance being about 1/300 or so.

'we' means who exactly? its true you can harv flowers sollidly and make a good living, but thats not fullfilling for most people, therefore they choose to actually PLAY the game, leavign little time to earn what little money they can scratch from each proffession...only way i can see combatting this is to decrease flower prices, even abolish a price all together. Then maybe cash inflow might steady out eh?

Edited by pennifuin