Eternal Lands Official Forums

How about adding a shipwreck thing, instead of always getting to ur destination safely (mainly boats), you crash in a deserted island, or find treasure, or die and go into the underworld, or even encounter hoardes of creatures (ogres, giants, rabbits, Etc.) it would add more excitment in riding boats, and you would have to

use #beam me to get out

i like this idea, although it needs some refinement. The monster would need to reflect your combat lvl, and i think that there should be an option to turn this off, maybe have an NPC at each dock to whom you pay a small amount of money (100gc?) to have a safe journey. However this would mean that you have no chance of getting treasure either.

dont know how easy it would be to implement though :)

yah, the idea seems...... BIG and it probably wont happen since wit all the work that has to be in it

but if it is i would love to see the feature :)

I support this idea! would take a hell of alot of work i suppose, but im sure it could be done!

Take it as a neg perk, 50% chance to die in a shipwreck, but only give like 3 pp so you can still move through portal or other ways with no ships :)

new map. Random factor to teleing there, abandoned with monsters. i like some of it and dont. people may start trying to keep riding boats to get to the monsters for training

nah i dont like that bit.

Do it like a harv event, once you have ridden the boat, you get random chance of damage or prize. Same as harv events basically, would be cool :)

maybe your ship got blown off course and had to dock somewhere else? but that would be stupid :)

perhaps there should be 3 shipwreck islands with first 2 has 60 chance to hit and 2 40 percents.

60% islands:shipwreck of death island.Filled with evil monsters.You need to go to the middle of the island where there is a teleporter that will take you to ip.no other teleportation allowed in the island.

shipwreck of doom island.The only way out is death!You will lose 50 damage per min because of the filth and radiation.

40%s:Island of choices.This island has been an old island to a mysterius city of caves.Once ur down the ship you need to go into the city covered with walls!If you dont hurry in 5 minutes you will die!Once ur inside you will talk to an npc.For 50gc he will take you to the secret part of the city.

Once you are there you will find a teleporter!It takes you to one of 4 caves!cave 1)Ice cave!:This cave is known as the second life area of the legendary arctic chimerans!There is no way out except death!even if you defeat all chims around you will still lose 1 hp per sec!2)Strange cave:This cave is dark and empty!But do not be so sure!There are 4 guard bots guarding the rostogol spawn and you cannot go for the rosto spawn (a bag appears and it has a rosto in it)without killing all four!once you kill them you will have 30 seconds to get to the bag on the end of the cave and then return to the place you killed the guard bots.There is a teleporter in the middle.Use icon on it and ull find yourself on ip!3)The Grand Mine:This cave has all known minerals and ores!Just go and mine them.You can get 30 min of non-teleported access from an npc(1k gold)!or else even stepping the floor will make you teleported to isla prima.Warning!The cave has normal fluffy rabbits4)Bank of mortos!!!!:This cave has 3 gold spawns.Each of them having 500 gold inside them but you will stay 1 min 20 seconds inside the cave before u find yourself in ip again!And the 2nd 40% percented chance of shipwreck stuff is that ull have a 40% chance to safely go to the area you are heading to! thats all.Hows that idea?

Edited by Chimeran Wolf

I like it as the random event also not some elaborate new map with monster spawns, really an unnecessary hassle, but if you die and come out of underworls, you want to get to Ws you take the boat there and get 5 damage from "the boat crashing into a rock" or whatever you will go back to the underworls and won't get your bag in time :)

well this happens only on ship usage! so people will start buying tel rings or use portal rooms instead..Or directly do map to map travelling by those To Nordcarn,To votd and such signs...

i think its a terrible idea because only bad things can come of it and i dont think people should die from changing maps maybe worst thing that happens is go to wrong map

kibbles please learn to read, these forums are full of people like you.

The whole point is there are rewards and bad things that happen, just like harving. The chance would be very small because of the amount of times you use a boat, its just like harvesting...

and you wouldnt die from changing map, only if you go by boat, and only if you do it without full health, which you do at your own risk.

Maybe make the IP - WS boat safe.

I like this idea, but maybe there can be a positive effect to....erm...I can't really think of any positive effects of your ship wrecking, except that if it's not your ship xD.

I like this idea, but maybe there can be a positive effect to....erm...I can't really think of any positive effects of your ship wrecking, except that if it's not your ship xD.

Shipwrecked and being rescued by mermaid? :)

Wouldn't people just use the ships back-and-forth?

And have some telerings/HEs/SRs in case of bad things happen.

Just for getting the treasures...

EDIT: And how about c2 ships? They certainly shouldn't take you to IP or make you #beam me...

Edited by Choris

Wouldn't people just use the ships back-and-forth?

And have some telerings/HEs/SRs in case of bad things happen.

Just for getting the treasures...

EDIT: And how about c2 ships? They certainly shouldn't take you to IP or make you #beam me...

C2 would be a great idea, since you would have to travel all the way across there, also about the monsters

maybe they only can spawn once, and when you kill them theyre gone, something like that i didnt really put too much thought on to this thought no one would reply.....guess no :icon13:

Rather than fiddle with the ferry services, there could be ships of exploration which take you to a random location.

Voyages of Exploration:

• Certain ships are owned by explorers, who will take brave souls to exotic (and profitable) places, for a fee, and at a certain risk.
  • Click on the flag for such a vessel, and the fee is deducted (else nothing happens). You set sale, and find yourself on the ship at sea.
  • At this point you can back out (beam or ring-travel away), if on seeing your travelling companions you have second doubts... Of course, the fee is non-refundable.
  • Someone clicks on the flag of the vessel at sea, and all present are taken together to a random destination. The flag has a cooldown period reset whenever anyone enters the ship, to give them a chance to choose whether to continue.

Random Destinations:

• The expedition failed to find anything, but returned safely to a random port around Seridia or Irrilion.
  • The expedition fails, but struggling back the ship is wrecked, depositing you near one of the ship wrecks which litter the known world.
  • Discover a mysterious island, harbouring safely. You can explore, and then continue the exporation.
  • Discover a mysterious island, but the ship is wrecked. Explore, find a way off the island.
  • Ship-at-sea, becalmed, is assaulted by sea monsters or other forces. Overcome them and continue. Clicking on the flag, a mini-invasion of monsters appears on the ship. The flag has a cooldown before it can be reused!

Dangers of exploration:

• Being in a ship wreck (anywhere) you lose the equivalent of a death bag to Davy Jones.
  • Mysterious islands may disable teleport rings and beams; find your own way out.
  • Monsters on the mysterious islands may be red with rage, or other dangers.
  • Some islands may be PK, so do you trust your travelling companions?
  • Characters may take up residence on these islands, mad hermits and outcasts.

Benefits of Exploration:

• Rare wonders, hard to come by resources, etc... Heck, risk gives rewards.

Edited by trollson