Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Should players from the same guild attack eachother?

Attack the players from the same guild?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Attack the players from the same guild?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

If its one or the other then No. Purely for reasons talked about in the length of this thread, PVP.

If possible, there should be areas in the fighting schools, NOT ARENAS, where you can train with a guildie, perhaps even make it Guild on Guild fighting only in some cases?

Edited by pennifuin

No. IMO, training with people you don't know as good as your guildmates is a good way to get to know other people better. It strengthens the concept of alliances between guilds and increases interaction with other guilds/people.

Besides, I don't like the thought of accidentially mis-clicking guildmates... the disadvantages outweigh the advantages by far.

Training would be easier - YES...

BUT, during the huge battle (some guildmates against some other fighters) it would be disasterous to harm/mana drain/hit someone from your team... Also, we could attack our own summoned creatures... This is IMHO bad.

My suggestion would actually be to have a command which will be used in order to "leave a guild for an hour, or two", so they should not ask guildmates to kick them out whenever they want to train.

My vote is though NO.

I voted Yes.

I think that accidental misclick should be one of the perils of a frey. "Friendly fire" should always be a danger when fighting, IMO.

I voted Yes.

I think that accidental misclick should be one of the perils of a frey. "Friendly fire" should always be a danger when fighting, IMO.

start going to pk maps and maybe you will change your opinion

voted NO

voted yes . you can trust people more in your guild and people already get around the same guild problem by temp being booted out to train then join back again, but for this a GM is needed online personally, i dont really mind if its allowed or not but i think it will be a good thing to be able to att(train) with people in same guild as you (whilst your both still in the guild ^^).

I voted Yes.

start going to pk maps and maybe you will change your opinion

voted NO

ive been to pk maps and voted yes. it would make training easier. as for the attacking ur guild members...i have already seen countless times people attacking allies and that is almost the same as attacking ur guild members. if u get attacked by a guild member..ull just scream at them for a few min but then ull get over it :) and realize they have probably helped u more times than have hurt :).

But then it would kinda ruin the game's realism, I mean it would be kool to have FF (friendly fire) but on the other hand killing a friend for battle exp? :)

*I am aware this is only a game, but I mean RPing wise dying is dying.*

I vote no.

Joining a guild gives a person immense benefits towards leveling every skill except att/def. I believe there has to be a downside to be in a guild as there are such great rewards. I always felt the downside was the non-interguild fighting.

Also keeping it the way it is helps the guild form alliances (which in turn can create enemies) so they will have someone to train with; thus giving guild to guild relationships a dynamic quality.

As a general rule, no. A miss-click in battle catching one of your own people would be very bad (kill one of your own and possibly not kill the enemy).

The only reason to "attack" members of your own guild is for pvp and magic training. And in those cases it's usually possible to get one of the people booted from the guild for the session to re-join later.

I agree with Bkc, too easy to misclick in battle. It's not that difficult to get a bot programed with a kick/accept feature, and that kind of bot is free.

IMO the benifit of not being able to pk your guildies when a major battle is occuring greatly out weighs the ability to PVP with them.

In battles it is hard to see who is who and i often misclick on allies as it is now.

To attack my fellow guildie would just be a pain in the arse.

Voted NO.

Exactly my opinion.

Guest JannaLongbow

I think it should be an option that can be turned on or off, by a guild member ranked 19 or higher. This would allow not only PvP training withing a guild, but a means to settle disputes within a guild, by way of duels. Or possibly guild contests without having to remove one from the guild (effectivly preventing guild chat) Perhaps even adding individual rights to attack another guild member with PvP rights. Thus eliminating people from infiltrating (or possably allowing it) the guild for the purpose of PKing. Just my thoughts. I don't PK, but I don't dissapprove of it. :D

However, if it is to be an always on or always off situation, then I'd prefer to choose 'No'

Edited by JannaLongbow

I think it should be an option that can be turned on or off, by a guild member ranked 19 or higher. This would allow not only PvP training withing a guild, but a means to settle disputes within a guild, by way of duels. Or possibly guild contests without having to remove one from the guild (effectivly preventing guild chat) Perhaps even adding individual rights to attack another guild member with PvP rights. Thus eliminating people from infiltrating (or possably allowing it) the guild for the purpose of PKing. Just my thoughts. I don't PK, but I don't dissapprove of it. :D

Very interesting idea. :P

I just would do a remark: if the suggestion above dont get implemented you can always choose a random, empty channel and invite the person removed and the whole guild to that channel, so the removed person still can communicate with his/her guild.

Please don't let people from the same guild attack each other! I appreciate that I cannot misclick on a guildie in battle! People can do pvp by getting kicked.