Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Should players from the same guild attack eachother?

Attack the players from the same guild?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Attack the players from the same guild?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Voted "Don't care".

It doesn't mean that I don't care, though. Just can't decide on any of those.

On the one hand it would make pvp easier, without necessity of kicking people from guild. On the other hand, fighting as one guild against foes will be more risky with misclicking of guildie. Can't say what's worse:

1. typing #remove name

or

2. misclicking guildie, killing him/her (Murphy's Laws), getting killed by enemy.

Can't decide.

As a general rule, no. A miss-click in battle catching one of your own people would be very bad (kill one of your own and possibly not kill the enemy).

The only reason to "attack" members of your own guild is for pvp and magic training. And in those cases it's usually possible to get one of the people booted from the guild for the session to re-join later.

Agrees, I don't want this too :rolleyes:

Allowing guild members to attack one another would make it more difficult to team-kill monsters, such as the yeti, arctic chimeran, or giant.

Also, permitting guild members to attack one another would mean that players could mana drain their guild members to aid them in battle (allowing for high will/vitality alts to stand there as a source for mana, skirting cooldown).

I voted No. Simply because Mistakes can be made. And can cause maybe some tension or someone wanting revenge on another for misclicking on them so they "misclick" back etc. Just don't want rouble in battles really. I accidentally killed a Friend before in multi combat ;) our team won but still ;) Its hard enough as it is, lol. I understand about it making PvP easier so it is a 50/50 thing really. Either way I'll live. :P

I think the negatives outweigh the positives, so voted no.

Positives:

1. Don't have to type #remove and #accept for pvp training.

Negatives:

1. Friendly mana drain: Imo, we might as well hand you the magic levels.

2. Bad for teaming up on multi-combat maps, player or monster (yikes after experiencing kf on no-drop day, it's impossible to tell who's fighting who and avoid misclicks).

3. Guilds have very few ingame programmed incentives/functions/features/reasons for existing, taking this member-safety feature away makes one less useful reason for a guild.

Voted no, I agree entirely with aislinns reasoning above, with particular stress on the reasons for guilds being there.

One suggestion I would like to throw into the pot though is...

Is it possible to have a berserker map, where all the rules do NOT apply? So that your char is in fact the equivelant of a red Invasion monster and will just attack anything that moves? Perhaps not quite taking over your movement and autowalking the attack for monsters, but if any other player appears within range of an attack this is initiated? (*edit: from a roleplay point of view, this could be a Mortos cursed land.)

That puts the pvp into practice AND a little risk...if another player happens to turn up first, for instance OR if its multi....

Just a brainstorming sesh so feel free to alter the above or discard as u see fit.

Edited by Pyewacket

Voted no, I agree entirely with aislinns reasoning above, with particular stress on the reasons for guilds being there.

One suggestion I would like to throw into the pot though is...

Is it possible to have a berserker map, where all the rules do NOT apply? So that your char is in fact the equivelant of a red Invasion monster and will just attack anything that moves? Perhaps not quite taking over your movement and autowalking the attack for monsters, but if any other player appears within range of an attack this is initiated? (*edit: from a roleplay point of view, this could be a Mortos cursed land.)

That puts the pvp into practice AND a little risk...if another player happens to turn up first, for instance OR if its multi....

Just a brainstorming sesh so feel free to alter the above or discard as u see fit.

No XP on that map, otherwise it would become bypass for rules.

I voted no. For many of the reasons already stated, misclicks, too easy for pvping etc. and one more of my own:

I have made countless friends in looking for pvp partners, which I likely would not have made, if I could easily pvp with my guildies instead.

I'm for keeping the status quo. The reason is mainly a roleplay one. It doesn't make much sense to attack those that are your friends and allies. If you must you can always leave the guild. I'm also concerned about how this will affect summoned creatures.

I voted no, however I would like an option of, like, sparring rooms. trade-style agree to fight, and you can fight anyone there... you can fight guildies and not get jumped... but there'd need to be less XP for a sparring ring or something

I voted no, however I would like an option of, like, sparring rooms. trade-style agree to fight, and you can fight anyone there... you can fight guildies and not get jumped... but there'd need to be less XP for a sparring ring or something

I am sure that in Medieval Times that friends, family members, and guild members would train together. how else would one prepare for battle? it makes perfect sense to allow this.

how about a command on the player level to let your guild members attack you? then if you want to train with another member when your guildmaster is not around, you can! yhen after training turn it back on?

this is completey logical choice and I am all for it.

I voted no. For many of the reasons already stated, misclicks, too easy for pvping etc. and one more of my own:

I have made countless friends in looking for pvp partners, which I likely would not have made, if I could easily pvp with my guildies instead.

This is so true. I would not have like any of the friends I have if not looking for pvP outside of my guild.

I voted no. Reasons being:

1- Yeah it sucks that you can't talk in #GM when kicked to train, but there is the option already to get kicked to train.

2- During no drop day I teamed up with some non-guildie friends to have a better chance at staying alive in kf. Once I accidentally attacked one of our 'team' and had to dis. Another time a different 'team member' attacked me on accident when the plan was to gang someone that kept killing us. I can just see that happening all the time in close combat.

The only reasons or circumstances where I would like something like this is because rank 19 people can't kick eachother so we can't train together unless the GM is on. Or if it were just in arenas, not entire pk maps, but just arena.

No. Too easy to misclick, and it makes no sense. The whole point is you help your guild and like them.

Guest anthony5

The point of a guild is to have fun with a group of members isnt it? it wont be that fun if some kid suddenly attacks you on a pk trip and hes in your guild

Yes

Firstly it would make training with people you trust easier...Also it would be more true to real life. In real life you could attack anyone you want.

Also there would be a need to turn it on and off for sum's

Edited by Creepin_Death

i vote yes but it should be decided at player level like teh privacy command not guildmaster or rank 19 level, this would stop misclicks in pk but allow safe magic training and pvp.

I chose Yes, Reason? I think it should be OK to attack players from the same guild, I mean if there same guild but kill eachother there sure to return stuff, Unlike some people who kill, Take stuff, Then drop out of guild saying a complete different story. I say yes.

I'm for keeping the status quo. The reason is mainly a roleplay one. It doesn't make much sense to attack those that are your friends and allies. If you must you can always leave the guild. I'm also concerned about how this will affect summoned creatures.

i dont think some of u r reading the entire thread, some ? have come up after being answered, summons will not attack guildies regardles of this outcome, and ent also stated that the WILL NOT BE any toggle action, it makes this too conveinient, i really hope no beats yes, as the negatives way outnumber the positives

I finally voted no after quite some deliberation.

In the end of the day, it just makes missclicks far too dangerous.

I Do think there needs to be some method of inpernal pvp, but would see the use of arenas for this as somone suggested earlier to be the best option.

On the flickside, the real problem is that folks often cant get kicked for training due to lack of high rankers being online, this has made guild managment bots quite popular, however the fact that they are popular means we have a problem that needs to be thought about.