Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Should players from the same guild attack eachother?

Attack the players from the same guild?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Attack the players from the same guild?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

No, either on or off.

We don't want to make it TOO convenient.

My vote would still be yes, I don't go out PKing, I like to train monsters for attack and PVP for defence, so personally I wouldn't have that pk issue.

As much as I would rather not have to #remove someone from the guild if I were to train on them (or be removed, or not train), I think if you allow this, you make pvp too easy.

As of now, the game makes no distinction between PVP and PK - the players do. If there were a training arena for this, maybe, but that idea is shot down under the "no risk no reward" philosophy - why should you be able to gain without any risk?

As stands, if a guild were to allow this, why even have the guild? I mean, people can join a chat channel if they really need to be part of a chat group, and if you can't trust your own guild member not to attack you in normal PK, who can you trust?

Allowing guildies to attack each other while both still are in the same guild is too open to abuse, if you ask me.

i would like to have it so rank 19's can set it to on or off, but if thats not an opion i would have to stick with no, otherwise it could cause problem's with miss clicks (and if summons auto attack guildies on pk maps aswell that will be a big problem) basicly it makes teaming harder, and teaming is already hard enough at the moment (due to how exp and items droped is giving out)

No, either on or off.

We don't want to make it TOO convenient.

then i was too quick on the vote for yes. as i would really hate to b chasing someone down with a guildie and kill my guildie instead. and i could really see this as being a bad thing, ill use the #remove command

Yes, PVP would be made easier and less risky, but then again, why should PVP be more risky than, say, harvesting or manufacturing?

In real life (at least during medieval times) friends used to go and pvp eachother, it was called training.

At least PVPing removes stuff from the game (mana potions, healing potions, broken stuff...). PVP also requires you to be there, it's very hard to macro it properly (although not impossible).

The "omfg what if a guildy kills me" issue should be addressed by the guild leaders, so for example if someone unconsentually PKes another guild member, he can be punished by the guild master, as he or she sees fit. It's an internal problem.

But what about when there is a battle in PK map and you want to help your guildies and you misclick? (Not so hard in a frey)

And also summoned will attack them, causing more harm then good with summoning IMHO.

even if a guildie was to intentionally kill someone i could see them saying sry, misclick, and i do not see punishing someone b/c they misclicked, misclicks in themselves can lead to enough punishement.

altho id hope that none of my guild members would kill a fellow member unless acident while pvping i could see it happening.

guild pk = bad idea unless able to toggle it on/off this is my own oppinion, and i wish i could change my vote now, so how long will this poll b active

edit: and would summons attack guild members aswell?

Edited by Happy_G

Guest ohmygod

IMO the benifit of not being able to pk your guildies when a major battle is occuring greatly out weighs the ability to PVP with them.

In battles it is hard to see who is who and i often misclick on allies as it is now.

To attack my fellow guildie would just be a pain in the arse.

Voted NO.

i voted NO, and because this option is mainly affected by the whole training/pvping more convientent so you could chat with GM and not have to bekicked.... why not make it only ON in the Training Arenas that we have in game and not all pk zones. As there are Arenas that Say Welcome to .... Training arena.

I voted NO cuz it would be a misclick frenzy then in battles..

BUT i think offensive spells on ur guildies should be able though

i voted no! misclick on your guildie in fight is very dangerous. Besides why guilds have 19rank officers??they should kick players for pvping and reaccept them back. So guys dont be lazy to kick your guildies for pvp :P

I voted no, because of the danger of misclicking.

I think it would be better to implement some(very few) PvP area's whereonly guildie versus guildie is possible.

Here you could hold guild tournements

but thats just an idea

I think it would be better to implement some(very few) PvP area's whereonly guildie versus guildie is possible.

but thats just an idea

i really like the guild tournement idea, and if it was ONLY guildie vs guildie then no chance it will get broken up by anyone

but thats just an idea

i really like the guild tournement idea, and if it was ONLY guildie vs guildie then no chance it will get broken up by anyone

This area should be without XP, otherwise, it would be far too easy to PvP.

YES all the way !

It's very annoying when u wanna train a guildie at lets say 5 in the morning and no GM/ council member being online to kick u and take u back in guild!

Training would be much more easier (pvp)

THe misclicks in a war situation / pk event is indeed a problem :rolleyes::sneaky::sneaky:

This area should be without XP, otherwise, it would be far too easy to PvP.

yes or limited xp pro hour, like harving. :sneaky::rolleyes:

The best solution i think be the possible choose if can or not can't attack... in this method can pvp with our friend and blocked attack when are in war..

I voted no.

It's fine the way it is now, just get kicked to pvp.

The other day when Leah and I were teaming a fluff it already stated that I killed her (instead of the fluffy) and that was on a non-pk map lol.

I'd hate to see misclicks in arena's or pk-maps on guildies.

I voted NO because of misclicks also. Many people fighting and it's sometimes very hard to see who is who and click on a right person. It happened few times that I clicked on an ally by accident :sneaky: and the same situation with a guildie would be not funny at all :rolleyes:

In fact it would be better for ppl who rather much pvp than pk (but don't u have ppl with high ranks who can remove u from a guild?). For PKers definetely not.

Edited by CharlotteS

I vote Yes. This poll came just right in time. Yesterday we got a problem with a guild, which was freindly with us until one of it's member attack guildie, training with another one on mana drain. Maybe this did not happen when he could stay in the guild while training.

And for just "kick him": We are a small guild, sometimes there is no guild member with 19 online, so the one who wants to train left the guild and must stay 2 EL days online to join again :rolleyes:

And for the "missclick": What about your allies? Don't care? I think, if you aim on someone you should make sure that you really want to attack him/her.

Edited by Suessie