Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sheesh

Glilin Event Results

Glilin was quite pleased with the results of this event. Many guilds were represented as well as some players not presently in guilds. For the most part, you did outstanding jobs.

The idea here was to guess what products to make with the ingredients provided. You were not to go to storage once you were given your location of the bag. One person did and will be mentioned in the Event Hall of Shame and will be banned from any event for the next month.

The points for each item was chosen randomly using a random number generator, so there is no sense to the order of points given for each item. This created a very fair chance for all competitors. Only items brought back were counted. Each bag contained the following items:

12 leather

3 fox

25 thread

5 feasting pots

3 rabbit fur

3 wolf fur

25 iron bars

32 steel bars

and 20 fire essences

They were to create as many items as they could using the encyclopedia for aid if needed. They were given locations to get the hyperbag that contained these items.

Here is the points designated to each item that could be made from the contents of the bag:

steel chainmail torso = 1point

Steel shield = 2 points

warm fur gloves = 3 points

Iron sword = 4 points

leather gloves = 5 points

iron chainmail torso = 6 points

Iron helm = 7 points

leather pants = 8 points

Steel long sword = 9 points

Steel 2 edged = 10 points

fox scarf =11 points

leather boots =12 points

leather pants =13 points

fur cloak =14 points

iron shield =15 points

leather helm =16 points

iron broad sword =17 points

All those getting points of 100 or more are:

Dunian score 127

Kinalor score 118

Stormer 112

Jarld 102

MilesP 100

I will post the remaining scores shortly.

Dunian will receive a recipe for one of the new armors from Ent soon.

Thanks all for playing. :unsure:

*EDIT: yes, there were only 30 steel bars per bag.

Edited by Acelon

btw I only had 30 steel bars, and i'm sure of that, but nvm, this was a nice event, I liked the idea behind it, really good job :)

But I got 1 question, was there a way to use ALL ingreds? I'm breaking my head on it but every combination I try left me some bars... So is there a way or not? :unsure:

btw I only had 30 steel bars, and i'm sure of that, but nvm, this was a nice event, I liked the idea behind it, really good job :)

But I got 1 question, was there a way to use ALL ingreds? I'm breaking my head on it but every combination I try left me some bars... So is there a way or not? :unsure:

No, there was no way to use all ingredients. Had the bags been able to hold more, we would have also had 5 beaver fur, 1 puma fur, and 1 leopard fur included just to totally baffle you all :)

That leopard would have costed me a lot of time I think, I would have tried tons of combinations with it, better you didn't do it :hehe:

yeah that row waiting to hand in the items was really cool, never saw such a good listening amount of people :hehe:

Edited by Cycloonx

I've said it during event, I will repeat:

Great job folks, really best contesters ever. Now whining, no cursing, patiance and good mood:> Thanks guys.

No, thank you Gilean... had a lot of fun in this contest.. lookin foward to the next one like this.

Edited by 2DeeP

I think maybe next time, there should be at least two people to trade instead of just one (you). Because at the time I arrived I was told to trade then move away but I got confused (your post said you needed to trade back but how can you if I moved away?).

So then I heard some got PMs and waited for a long time to later hear that I didn't get a slot.

Fair enough I was too slow to get there anyway (I logged in 2 mins after it was #bc), but it was a complete waste of time having to hang around waiting to be told I didn't get a slot. I know Sheesh was bombarded with plenty of trades, but surely this system can be tweaked so that maybe next time, we can get quicker notice as to whether you have a slot or not.

Iam on all Pictures :(:) \o/

i mean.. you all are too.. but.. erm :P you know :P

I did have alot of fun with yall. it doesnt matter that i was not parcipating

but you did make me laugh all time :D

Great Contest :) Great People :)

Thanks for such a fun event, not sure about the point system.... that just seemed dumb luck to get the high point items but that is the way it goes.

I would like to suggest that in the future if any events like this, maybe have a mod sitting in a room at a seperate location. The person in charge, that was being traded to would only need to pm the off site mod to zap them away, might have removed alot of confusion, and sped things up.... just a thought Like I said, all in all a fun event and nice contest. THANKS

I think maybe next time, there should be at least two people to trade instead of just one (you). Because at the time I arrived I was told to trade then move away but I got confused (your post said you needed to trade back but how can you if I moved away?).

So then I heard some got PMs and waited for a long time to later hear that I didn't get a slot.

Fair enough I was too slow to get there anyway (I logged in 2 mins after it was #bc), but it was a complete waste of time having to hang around waiting to be told I didn't get a slot. I know Sheesh was bombarded with plenty of trades, but surely this system can be tweaked so that maybe next time, we can get quicker notice as to whether you have a slot or not.

This was the very first of this type of event ever done. And it all was thrown together in a short amount of time. Like all 1st time events, what looks good on paper becomes an ingame challenge--as the game mechanics limit our abilities. Knowing what we know now, we will learn from these mistakes and improve the system to work faster and smoother. I appreciate all that were patient, and we will hold similar tweaked versions in the future, perhaps involving the other skills as well.

Thanks for such a fun event, not sure about the point system.... that just seemed dumb luck to get the high point items but that is the way it goes.

I would like to suggest that in the future if any events like this, maybe have a mod sitting in a room at a seperate location. The person in charge, that was being traded to would only need to pm the off site mod to zap them away, might have removed alot of confusion, and sped things up.... just a thought Like I said, all in all a fun event and nice contest. THANKS

Yes, in the future we will have mod or official event team members guarding locations holding no more than 4 ppl in which they will answer your questions and take your items for scoring. Then all will wait together in a location for the scores to be announced (it is great to get the public to cheer on all the players and offer congratz). As for the point system, yes--it was dumb luck. That was the whole intent. Gives all players as fair of a chance to win as the next, and promotes an opportunity for more to compete. So many possible combinations can be made with the ingredients. Out of 40 ppl, not one combination was duplicated. :P

It was pretty fun, even though I wasn't on the contestant side.

Grats to all who participated! Great event! :P

- Sistema Silverwish.

Very Very nice contest indeed :sneaky:

The ideea was original and it created a nice competition :sneaky:

I cant wait for next one for the next armor recipe :)) :rolleyes:

Gratz Dunian !

No, there was no way to use all ingredients. Had the bags been able to hold more, we would have also had 5 beaver fur, 1 puma fur, and 1 leopard fur included just to totally baffle you all :blink:

I'm just glad there were no rat tails - would have spent another 10-20 minutes trying to figure out which fur clothing items to make.

Name--Final Score--Guild

dunian--127--AID

kinalor--118--CEL

Stormer--112--LE

Jarld--102--dd

MilesP--100--Riva

Deadhead--97--Le

Puntif--96--TM

Nook1e--93--LNX

Sweettea--89--HNR

ice--88--JusT

thorDix--85--Ca$h

cycloonx--83--Ca$h

tornado--83--guildless

kylara--82--TC

philbert13--79--FWT

anabella--76--HIM

Sundulana--75--dd

Chance--70--guildless

sirius_black--65--Beta

mr00wka--63--~SV~

2deep--61--Riva

BleedingSoul--61--Iron

felkku--61--~SV~

Jezebelle--60--W&W

Pillgrim--60--PL

shallara--58--Riva

Ilobypie--56--CoH

scarymary--55--Riva

Darklordxxx--52--guildless

Kalef--51--JusT

Itachi--50--=HC=

carone--49--Idle

blessit--46--Riva

Oromis--45--*R*

Lightkeeper--40--Riva

Brunhild--29--CoH

Italic lines mean that this player is disqualified for a month. See Event Hall of Shame for details.

Edited by Sheesh

I've said it during event, I will repeat:

Great job folks, really best contesters ever. Now whining, no cursing, patiance and good mood:> Thanks guys.

That is because it was a manu event :wub: We Manu don't do that stuff. :hug:

Congratz to everyone involved. Sounds like Sheesh and the rest of the mods did a great job on it. Wish I could have made it but it was the one time of day when I had to be somewhere :hug: Hope to make the next one as my hammer is getting impatient waiting for those new formulas

I participated in the event, but sadly my name isnt listed, but i noticed that itachi is listed twice, my score should have been 79. thanks

Fixed and my apologies.

Not that it really matters, but I had 65 points. :P

1 fox scarf

1 iron sword

1 iron shield

1 fur cloak

2 steel chains (damn it! lol)

1 fur gloves

1 leather helmet