Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chaoogie

Summoning Ideas

Well as i was exploring the Meshes folder i noticed the Feran Horn. The picture reminded me of a suggestion/idea i had and posted on like the second page of a different suggestions post. So i decided to make it an actual post along with some other misc. small ideas.

The suggestion is to make all the Chims summonable and change the reciepe for the Mountain chim. Having the Chims drop Horns (as pictured below) would create another resource for summoners and a way for fighters to get some more GC. Being a summoner i would definetly pay a substantial amount for each different Horn to summon small drones of all chims :blink: . Here are possible reciepes :

horn.jpg

Desert Chim :

DC horn

5 meats

2 Eles

5 Earth Ess. (a use!)

5 Wolf furs

5 Bones

Mountain Chim :

MC horn

5 meats

2 Eles

5 Wolf furs

5 Bones

Forest Chim :

FC Horn

5 meats

2 Potions of Harvesting (finally a use?)

2 Eles

5 Wolf furs

5 Bones

Artic Chim

5 meats

1 EwE

2 Eles

5 Wolf furs

5 Bones

I would suggest that the exp and level req. to summon should stay relativly similar to Mountain chims current xp/level, or possibly increase the levels by 5-10.

another small suggest SINCE the 3 other chims are only on c2, possibly give them Half def but still double attack OR double the hp and attack. Current pk use only summons are not that effect with their hp and 0 def. most of the people summoners target can 4-5 hit a chim and 5-6 hit a fluf and thats without mirroring.

~~~~~

I like it ...but 5 furs wolf furs +horns it is becoming a bit heavy, not all summoners have large emu ... and to have some benefit from their work you have to summon quite a few ...

I agreed with almost all the stuff said above.

But a des chim is weaker than a montain one and still take 2eles. Maybe 1ele + 20 les or some other combination would be better, imho.

Forest has 120/90 of att/def, and since defense dont matter for a summoned creature i think its ok. :)

7 animal nexus for arctic chim and 6 for others?

Btw, what if arctic chim needed titanium axe to summon and gave like 10k exp?

Edited by ville-v

oh god..i forgot about nexus level..and since i already have 30pps into nexus ignore!!! lol jk, anywho, i see your point lorck maybe just 1 ele for desert since it is weakest chim. From a summoners point of view to have all my level's needed to summon forest chim and all that gc to buy horns/ele's or make, and see my forest chim get killed withint 4-5 hits makes me think wtf is the point of summoning if all my work goes to hell in about 10 seconds.

i like those nexus levels ville mentioned, but then fluf and mountain chim would need a nexus level added since it is 0 still afaik. I would be less hesitant to summon them if they needed a tit axe and as i can't make one, cause the level would be up there and most summoners above 35-40 have spent far more gc than they would of wanted. ... summoning is a HOBBY skill a way to show your wealth/determination to be the best. so having it req. tit axe i wouldnt see anyone tryin to summon it other than to be the first to summon artic or for special events.

ville-v what is your summon lvl?

I don't think you know how hard (and expensive) it is to get to 45-50 when you can summon chims easily. I am against nexuses for chims, tit axes and other ideas like that.

I like Cha's original post like I already said.

I wouldnt be opposed to spending the nexus level .. but not to many others would have the level or spare pp's or dedication to sacrafice a PP at their respective oa just to summon an artic chim, maybe if giant/yeti or DRAGON!!!! was summonable and needed lvl 7 nexus..

Just a question, I don't mean it badly (although it may sound like that)

Manufacturers need 7 PP for titanium axe

Fighters need 7 PP for thermal serpent

Crafters need 9 (4 artific, 5 magic) PP for RoP

Why shouldn't summoners need 7 PP for arctic? (or maybe 6 and 7 for giant)

I am just asking as a curious person, please don't flame me.

Get summon 70 to summ an arctic and repeat the question.

that is a good point, and as i have said i wouldnt be that opposed to spending the extra pp's to summon it but 30 pp's into nexus is a strain as it is, as i cant harvest a decent amount of ores/minerals to advance in manu/fighting/crafting. but there isnt that maybe summoners ..only 2 past 50 afaik so would be rather pointless if only me and blodoks summon them

100% agree with blodoks statement ~

although you make a good question throdix ~ maybe have all chims be 4-6 dchim = 4 5 for mountain and forest, and artic for 6, but there will be stronger monsters eventually, or special high level'd summon only monsters that shoudl req lvl 7 but dont hink the chims should take more than 6 if that

Edited by chaoogie

I can live with the extra nexus... only thing i care about is that every chim will drop that horn and only low amounts of them will be summoned, so horns will cost you nothing...

Get summon 70 to summ an arctic and repeat the question.

You can take extra pickpoints from the exp that 70 levels you gave :whistle:

Guess i should of cleared that up when i said chims would drop it.... it would be a rare drop like ele/10 emps or book rate drop.... that way fighters and summoners would need each other more so.. and i wont even say a damn thing about that comment you just made

ok i will say something, from all those oa levels with the help of summoning the pp's go into other nexus to do other skills or into p/c/will for mroe emu and more mana to summon more easier. honestly getting past 50 summon is hard enough as it has NO stable way to repay/reearn all the costs that go into raising it!

with manu if you level fast/well enough you can sell your armors/weapons and recoup your money at a decent rate (compared to crafting)

with crafting its alot slower process and a bigger drain of your pocket gc (than manu) to level it and re earn some gc/items with your level

with summoning there is little to no benefit, specially when most of the top 20-30 can kill a chim within 4-7 hits of their serps, AND even then you have to summon alot , i would say even with 5 mountain chims you couldnt kill #1 a/d unless he has some bad lag and mucks up with the spells and if he doesnt have a diss and if he doesnt have rosto...

another thing out of the top 50 theres about 3-10 people that actually leveling summon, which i find rather sad as all others have stopped because it was too costly or to focus on something more beneficial

Edited by chaoogie

ok i will say something, from all those oa levels with the help of summoning the pp's go into other nexus to do other skills or into p/c/will for mroe emu and more mana to summon more easier. honestly getting past 50 summon is hard enough as it has NO stable way to repay/reearn all the costs that go into raising it!

I believe you, i'm level 32 and it costed me already quite some money... But I don't see this as a reason of not adding more nexus to it. Although I think nexus 5 for all chims except 6 for arctic (it's much stronger than the rest), and also 6 for giants and yetis if they become summonable too one day.

I think you have to chose between: Adding 1pp and be able to summon the strongest creatures in EL, or take 5 nexus en put 1pp in another attribute and be able to summon all things except those last 3. I think 1pp more in p/c can't be as strong as being able to summon arctic chims whenever you want...

:> after re - reading like 10 times *very very tired* i finally got what you meant, but yea 6 nexus sounds alot more resonable than having 7 nexus needed.

very off topic, does anyone else think racheal ray is hoteh? pm me ingame or forums for this

Here's an idea to add a dimension to summoning.

If you're a high lvl summon and you summon a lower range thing, it should have a very small chance of picking up a combat perk:

(*)MagpieLee summoned a Rat

(*)MagpieLee summoned a Rat with the Fatal Man Perk

etc.

Other perks include body piercing, fatal man, self destruct, I glow in the dark, There is no Fork, Evanescence and Mirror Skin.

Eventually if you have high lvl summoning, a polar bear, fluffy rabbit, armed orc will have mirror skin or whatever.

Any comments?

Edited by MagpieLee

Here's an idea to add a dimension to summoning.

If you're a high lvl summon and you summon a lower range thing, it should have a very small chance of picking up a combat perk:

(*)MagpieLee summoned a Rat with the Fatal Man Perk

etc.

Other perks include body piercing, fatal man, self destruct, I glow in the dark, There is no Fork, Evanescence and Mirror Skin.

Eventually if you have high lvl summoning, a polar bear, fluffy rabbit, armed orc will have mirror skin or whatever.

Any comments?

Imagine fluffy with mirror skin, evil! :P

Anyway, nice idea.

We also add some summons who have double defense and double attack with a little chance instead of only perks, but cool idea ^_^

We also add some summons who have double defense and double attack with a little chance instead of only perks, but cool idea ^_^

You mean like:

(*) MagpieLee summoned a Cycloonx with uber AD

i would say even with 5 mountain chims you couldnt kill #1 a/d unless he has some bad lag and mucks up with the spells and if he doesnt have a diss and if he doesnt have rosto...

Much more, to kill #1 a/d with full tit plate + col + good weapon you would at least use 40 m chims, imho. Maybe you can invite mufossa and test it on test server. I bet it would be 40+ chims to take him down. If he plays well and take an 1vs1 position in multicombat map you probably would not have enough emu to carry ingredients for chims enough to take him down.

yea lol thats why i mentioned having the chims with double hp and double attack or double attack and half def so they last a little longer at the very least.

I like the idea of having summons with a random chance of have a positive perk. maybe *as was mentioned in a previous suggestion* have a potion of randomness that you add with the chim ingreds and that gives it a chance, or just like making a special chim like manu/potions/alch.

I also agree that is an inbalance in summoning. People get better armor, better weapons, crowns and the good old chims stayed the same...

Someone tried that new snake summoned only monster?

lorck!!!! i love you some times :icon13:

before 5-8 chims could take out #1 a/d but now with col theres little chance.

i have tried 100's of combos to do the new snake and nothing, i wanna end my summon leveling with that monster but cant :cries:

If higher summoning level has higher change to get positive perk, maybe lower levels would have higher change to get negative perk, like I can't dance or Gelatine Bones (we need more neg perks :icon13: ), or half attack, defense or health?

Edited by ville-v

actaully that would be kind of funny to see, although i dont think it should be in the message like (*) Gel boned Fluf rabbit(for exampe), maybe just have specialed summons have a purple name to indicate that they are different.

Don't thnk that lower lvl summoners need to be discouraged to have their summons *mostly as pk type summond* their summons be half attack/hp. its really difficult to see anyone get past 20-25 summon.

Edited by chaoogie