Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sheesh

Glilin Reveals Secret Armor Recipe

Hear ye, hear ye! Glilin has passed down a secret recipe for some new armor. A contest of skill will take place Saturday, 8 July 2006 at 2pm EDT (GMT-4) for 40 lucky participants. Items you need to provide include only a needle, a hammer, and a skeleton key. Do not be late, as the first 40 people that show up at the designated spot (to be announced before the event takes place) will earn a spot in which to compete. NOTE: Make sure you wear appropriate clothing.

Prize: One armor recipe for their use for a week before the recipe is released to the general public. You can keep the recipe for your own use, sell it to the highest bidder, or share with your friends and/or guild mates. You will have the edge over the market for a full week.

Edited by Sheesh

Glilin is my bud. But if Glilian wants to reveal the armor recipe maybe I'll worship him instead. ^^

Im in (if my schedule allows :s...)

Edited by Chance

Any rules against multiple people from the same guild participating?

Other than that The game is on... :P:D

Any rules against multiple people from the same guild participating?

Other than that The game is on... :P:D

First 40 people. No rules as to what guild they are in. Seeing that the place of where the event occurs is not being given out before hand, all have an equal shot.

If I am free at that time then I will try to make it.

But why just the one recipie?

edit and how long will this last?

Edited by MagpieLee

If I am free at that time then I will try to make it.

But why just the one recipie?

edit and how long will this last?

The event will last probably about an hour. And I did not dare ask Glilin why only one recipe. He is being generous enough as it is. :P

Umm... I presume this is limited to ppl with high enough manu skill and who have read a book?

Otherwise how will we participate? eg. those of us with no manu skill or knowledge.

Umm... I presume this is limited to ppl with high enough manu skill and who have read a book?

Otherwise how will we participate? eg. those of us with no manu skill or knowledge.

This is a first of a series of events that are being done for the update. High manu levels are not required, however some book knowledge is. No titanium knowledge is needed. So any manufactures out there with medium knowledge base is needed in this event. There will be more events that cover a wide range of skills. However, I will not be checking your levels to give you entry into the competition. If you are one of the first 40 that show up at the designated area when we broadcast the event is starting, then you will be allowed to compete.

So any manufactures out there with medium knowledge base is needed in this event. There will be more events that cover a wide range of skills. However, I will not be checking your levels to give you entry into the competition. If you are one of the first 40 that show up at the designated area when we broadcast the event is starting, then you will be allowed to compete.

So what is medium knowledge base? Having read all the manu books except titanium?

And if we have no knowledge at all, showing up at the event is pointless right?

-Delia

So any manufactures out there with medium knowledge base is needed in this event. There will be more events that cover a wide range of skills. However, I will not be checking your levels to give you entry into the competition. If you are one of the first 40 that show up at the designated area when we broadcast the event is starting, then you will be allowed to compete.

So what is medium knowledge base? Having read all the manu books except titanium?

And if we have no knowledge at all, showing up at the event is pointless right?

-Delia

Medium knowledge base = have read the basics for weapons and armor construction, have read some of the lower level books in this as well. You need not bother to try to read all the books of manu or read the ones that just came out. If you have not read any books, yes, it is rather pointless for you to compete this go round, but some other events will likely be your speed. :blink:

So if i am lvl 9 manu with no knowledge i'd not better practipate?

what arti nex lvl required?

3 artificial nexus is maximum needed.

Can a player "save" a spot for another player? In other words, if I get to the location first, can i give my spot to a guildmate?

No. The player must be there to compete at the time. There will be more events shortly at many different times of the day/night that others can compete.

I wont stop you from competing, but you may not have the ability to compete.

So we will need nexuses to attend?!?

That's what he said.. :blink:

So we will need nexuses to attend?!?

Anyone can attend. To compete successfully, the maximum nexus you may need is artificial 3. The key here is that you don't need to be in the top 200 in manu to win this event, but you do need to have a little exp in manu (there is possibilities that you create something when you are below the recommended level just as there are possibilities that the top manu positions will fail), you may need to have nexus of no greater than 3 to attempt in making the items, and you need to have read the books to make some of the items.

There is always the very slight chance it will be a scientist day :)

q:Location ?

q:Are manu pots allowed ?

q:will the contest involve smeltin/molding the new implemented metals ???

Thank you !

q:Location ?

q:Are manu pots allowed ?

q:will the contest involve smeltin/molding the new implemented metals ???

Thank you !

I have no problem with manu pots, its up to you if you use them.