Eternal Lands Official Forums
mortsllehm

Branch of Destruction

You are the one missing the point Lorck, I have NEVER attacked another player, yet I have been in pk battles over 80 times and even have 2 kills to my credit(both in metal armor to my leather), if you don't bug me I dont break anything, its that simple

That is perfectly fair.

But just remember, if you are in pk map you agreed that you wanted or expected to fight another one. When you enter a pk map, you dont want or expect that someone will use the branch.

#edit - And stalag has trained the char himself.

Ye, he trains with very low p/c and buy all his stuff with real life $$$. So he dont need to worry about ess/pots/rings/weapons/armor/rostogols/etc, and can afford if someone breaks his stuff, so he dont care about the branch. And even so i with bulked p/c because i need to carry stuff and depend of the drops of the monsters make more exp than him.

Ye, he trains with very low p/c and buy all his stuff with real life $$$. So he dont need to worry about ess/pots/rings/weapons/armor/rostogols/etc, and can afford if someone breaks his stuff, so he dont care about the branch. And even so i with bulked p/c because i need to carry stuff and depend of the drops of the monsters make more exp than him.

Didn't you read what he said?

He dosn't buy everything with real life $$'s. For him, it's one of the ways he makes his GC, LicuferX, and MufossA do it aswell, you never moan at them?..

Didn't you read what he said?

He dosn't buy everything with real life $$'s. For him, it's one of the ways he makes his GC, LicuferX, and MufossA do it aswell, you never moan at them?..

Nope, you are wrong yet again. He buy gc with real $$$ then buy stuff.

I dont go after mufossa/dezm etc, because they dont advocate the use of a lame weapon just to spoil the fun of the others.

EDIT: Stalag, dont mess with me n44b, you did this alch lvl one year ago.

I can show many, many stuff from my chat log about you saying that you get a real advantage for buying gc with real $$$. ;)

Edited by Lorck

Guest stalag
He dosn't buy everything with real life $$'s. For him, it's one of the ways he makes his GC

true...my alc level is 53 and harvest is 58 so i do some work with it too

EDIT - not much to b honest but some ;)

Edited by stalag

Branch is a dilemma, but if it's here, it must be here for a purpose, or am I wrong? And what purpose it's supposed to be then? ;)

Because Ent thought it was a good idea at the time. Maybe he wanted to add some variety. Maybe he thought it would give lower level PKers a better chance against higher level PKers. Only he can answer what its purpose is/was.

Guest stalag

I can show many, many stuff from my chat log about you saying that you get a real advantage for buying gc with real $$$. wink.gif

Dont call me n44b hun ;)

Did i said having GC wasnt an advantage ??? no, it is an advantage !

I did about 200 energy ess yest and i said "not much to b honest but some " its true is rare i do anything now expect a/d.

but im not the topic here am i?

Is about the BOD it seems....

People can have diff opinions i suppose and im not being rude i think.

liq why u talk about training chars, u bought ur chars and dont train at all. don't want bod- branch/bone gone coz u can't kill anyone stronger then, grats.

Guys start doing it what ya are talking about, it's getting boooring :s

Edited by NitageR

I can show many, many stuff from my chat log about you saying that you get a real advantage for buying gc with real $$$. wink.gif

Dont call me n44b hun ;)

Did i said having GC wasnt an advantage ??? no, it is an advantage !

I did about 200 energy ess yest and i said "not much to b honest but some " its true is rare i do anything now expect a/d.

but im not the topic here am i?

Is about the BOD it seems....

People can have diff opinions i suppose and im not being rude i think.

If you dont try to say that you trian on fluff 10 hours per day loosing gc because you have low p/c and earn all your money with alch i will not call you n44b.

And my oppinion is that you are only defending branch because you dont have anything to lose to it, since the bulk of your gc is not made on game. But its ok to use on other people and spoil their fun. Its like train pvp, its rude when you got attacked and fine when people of your guild summon lots of chims to kill someone who never attacked them while training.

Lorck, actually i dont like lame stuff like rostogals,branch of destruction,bone of death etc.

I could make top 5 a/d w/o make single he or srs on el, financed all my exp from V,=hc=,uti drops.

Cant do it anymore with this new safe newbie pking..

I never had and never will buy lame stuff like bod but who think u r that u can

tell me what i can use on kf.

Maybe stop level your a/d so fast cause u level up your ego in same time. ;)

Matess, it was not what you said before. You said exactly the opposite, indeed...

If you use lame techniques and when you use i call it lame. It was lame when you interrupted a 2x2 fight, and it would be lame if you use branch in the future.

Matess, it was not what you said before. You said exactly the opposite, indeed...

If you use lame techniques and when you use i call it lame. It was lame when you interrupted a 2x2 fight, and it would be lame if you use branch in the future.

interrupted a 2x2 fight? funny like so u never att me when i pk your guild members if 1x1 lol sure

Oh boy.. i need to tell the story yet again...

Ok, happened this way: some ca$h folks was not letting some ^v^ noob train pvp, then the guy called me. I, affreckles and ladywolf came, and we summoned some stuff.

Then the ca$h guys called me gay for summon stuff and said, you and fluff against we both. I entered pk map alone with the fluff and they called me coward for have summoned etc. Ladywolf and affreckles left the map and one of the guys gone to storage.

They said if you wait, we will pwn you and the fluffy, and you are a chicken coward etc. I should wait for the guy to come back so they will attack. The guy came, and they said they were "without mana" and would attack me when they drinked the pots.

They said numerous times "me and tommy against you and fluff and dont go away your coward".

Then they entered, and you and toomass teled in and killed a fluff, i attacked one of the ca$h guys, tommyknocker (it was powerwarrior's char back them) and he dised me, then the other guy who was insulting me attacked and dised too, then toomass attacked and i dised him, tommy attacked me and he dised again, and toomass finally finished me because i got cooldown on dis.

That is what some people (scammers) call "team work".

matess dont be such a b00b, you made top 5 because you pvp w/ toomass 24/7...

before that you were only average fighter, got killed many times i recall. I dont really think that people who pvp all their exp really deserve it, like bris+shenriss, its kinda gay for the people who actually work, all you do is sit there and click your partner, or get them to do it.

Training monsters is much harder and longer, masterpiter/pedro/smooms/badude/nita did that and i respect them, but pvp your way to top is kinda lame...

matess dont be such a b00b, you made top 5 because you pvp w/ toomass 24/7...

before that you were only average fighter, got killed many times i recall. I dont really think that people who pvp all their exp really deserve it, like bris+shenriss, its kinda gay for the people who actually work, all you do is sit there and click your partner, or get them to do it.

Training monsters is much harder and longer, masterpiter/pedro/smooms/badude/nita did that and i respect them, but pvp your way to top is kinda lame...

1.i started pvp on like 104 a/d when i reseted. i never was same strong like Toom before

2.i couldnt spend so much time on el like don or masterpiter so needed pvp,cant hit top w/o play all days or u have to pvp

3.24/7?lol i needed like 15months for get in top 5

4.lookslike only these who live on el more than in rl r pr0 for u

5.got killed many times?maybe around 50a/d when i started fight u..but iam sure that i died less times than the most of pkers on el at all

(NOTE: whew, finally got through this whole thread, started reading yesterday and finally finished \o/)

Err, anyway yea, I do have to say PK would have the purpose of killing your enemy and showing you are the stronger of the both of you. Implementation of Thermals, Magic, Fire and Ice serps helped to give lower-leveled players a chance.

Though yes, I must admit that even tho I don't care Fighting a Bone of Death anymore now, at first I did not like it. I think the extra damage is WAY to high, seeing as I have to wear a CoL to be able to survive it, I got 150 max HP. But fine, I should get one too and counter BoDs of you rich peeps as soon as we are starting our guild project to collect some money for em.

Branch of Destruction, I agree with ^v^ guild, if my guild would ask if I wanted one for battle also, I guess I will refuse, I really don't want to break your stuff, I'd rather hope you forget your rosto and get a drop that isn't broken. And I wouldn't really call them vandals but yes, I guess it is sort of lame to purely aim to destroy the armor of the opponent. And magic weapons and stuff that most of us work hard for.

About talking crap over people who get their ingame GC by buying stuff for others for RL money. Get of their backs please, you're not gonna stop them and don't get me wrong, I hate that business just aswell.... If you want stuff, try earning it in the game and not by buying stuff for RL money because I think it is VERY unfair.

Taking myself as example, I've gotten all of my stats by myself and I've supported almost EVERYTHING myself by getting it on my own. And I've gotten a very hard time making some money to buy myself something nice.

I just think the business is not fair because, taking myself as example again, I am 15 years old atm, I cannot do such a business and anything I need, I need to get it ingame. And you RL rich dudes can just do whatever you like with the money you get from your business.

Oh and yea, I'm getting a p2p race finally too, I was finally able to put some spare money aside for a 1year p2p then I will try to extend to lifetime next year. But I hope you see the difference, I need to save up to actually be able to get anything while you all make a business of it.

About talking crap over people who get their ingame GC by buying stuff for others for RL money. Get of their backs please, you're not gonna stop them and don't get me wrong, I hate that business just aswell.... If you want stuff, try earning it in the game and not by buying stuff for RL money because I think it is VERY unfair.

Taking myself as example, I've gotten all of my stats by myself and I've supported almost EVERYTHING myself by getting it on my own. And I've gotten a very hard time making some money to buy myself something nice.

I just think the business is not fair because, taking myself as example again, I am 15 years old atm, I cannot do such a business and anything I need, I need to get it ingame. And you RL rich dudes can just do whatever you like with the money you get from your business.

I dont care if someone get his money in game or outside game as long as they dont interfere in the gameplay of the others.

My point before is: some of the people who buy large quantities of gc from other players is praising the branch because with that they can break their opponent weapons/armor and then the opponents would need to work their ass off to re-buy the stuff. While if we break their armors they just pm their fellow harvest0r and use their credit card to buy another amazing quantity of gc to rebuy the stuff, being therefore imune to branch effects because of rich life richness.

And some of them try to use nonsense stuff like "oh, you use thermal serp against me, so i need to use branch". Well, you can always have a fair fight using another thermal serp or asking for your opponent to not use his/her.

Well, you can always have a fair fight using another thermal serp or asking for your opponent to not use his/her.

I ask: how many people obey this in PKmaps? And how many people seathe their weapons to have fair fights?

Reply to Zaer below (as I did not want to proceed more off-topic): we are not living in a knight age do we? I would like to see honor too, it's just it, that nowadays, people use their best to beat their opponents (I speak in general). This fair-fights are by my opinion a privilege of top fighters, not the all fighters. From what Lorck has said, I found that he think, all people should act like that (which is honorable and I agree with that), but that is very difficult to achieve (nigh impossible IMO).

Edited by ThordinElement

So why dont you switch armour/weapon when you see somone with a branch?

The new (not so new now) weapons were added to add strategy to the game.

It appears the folks who object most are the thermal $erp totting ro$t buying folks who are happy with their financial status un u$d and dont feel thos who save hard for 200kgc in game deserve any way of staying even.

You see a branch, switch to your cheapo's, thats your strategy, their strategy is making you fight without your $hop bought goods.

And as others have psoted earlier, many who would see the branch as dishonorable are forgetting how dishonorably they act so much of the time, attacking pvp'ers, noobs, basically anyone they see.

also said before, dont enter pk if you aint willing to lose your stuff.

Lets just drop the "OMG!!~~~111oneoneone~~~~ those without u$d can cause me grief now attitude".

Stop whining, and either adapt your strategy, or run home to mommy whenever you see a branch.

Antiroot, that action you name dishonorable is the normal of pk, if you dont want to go there you dont, you can read the thread "honorable pking" in general chat for further reference.

Also, the only thing i did in game was give Atlantis some gc for him buying to me some stuff on EL shop, so half your argument is null and void against me at least. And if you read above you will see why people who trully have real life money want the branch and not the opposite.

Also, dont be hypocrite. I killed Iktor and he said his guild (segv at the time) had a peace pact with =hc= and requested his bag back. I said he was lieing and he was trully in JusT. He said "yes, i am in just and we got a peace pact a few hours back." And of course a few hours back Fireballs and SweeTThanG ganged me in kf and got both owned.

I can send you or post a complete chat log of what occured.

Rend killed redjake and he tried a similar scam saying there was a peace pact with us. Now, that is dishonorable, to lie that your guild have a peace pact when they got none to have bag back. And i can list more stuff dishonorable by JusT, i can pm you in forum and list many more if you want.

i say keep branch of destruction and bone of death! i have a bone of death and when i have rost i'll use it :( if some1 has the branch and u don't want to break something don't pk

And you surely dont readed this thread.

If you enter a pk map you need to check if every opponent have branch? And if there was someone invisible with branch?

And its not about keep or removal the branch. Its about making them outlaw or not, and if you care to read a little you will see that there was several arguments supporting this and almost none against.

The only one so far was: i agree that branch is lame, but i dont want that ^v^ set rules at pk, formulated by Matess of ca$h guild a few posts back. There was another argument, saying "i want branch destroy everything because i can buy it all again from a fellow harvester for real life money and people who dont have just get screwed", but this is so lame i that i dont want to comment on it.

Lorik,

What you class as normal or honorable pking, is totally your perspective, and classed by many others differently.

Also I have not addressed these issues at you, though I do not see you as particularly honorable, if you felt they were directed at you, then that was a function of either your concience or your immagination.

Finally, I fail to see any connection between your comments on Iktor etc , and the topic of this thread. I am unaware of these issues however and am happy to hear them in forum pm or in an appropriate thread. (only think I can think is when there was confusion in both guilds for a couple of days on relations, initiated by a comment from =HC=, when Just went to weapons hold while we looked into wheather or not an abesnt council member had invoked a non agressive stance).

Anyway, thats not for this thread. (unless you think my post is best countered with offtopic fear uncertainty and doubt)

well as every1 else has been saying don't take what u don't want to lose into pk and the branch and bone was all added in for extra strategy thats why we also have diss and tele rings :(