Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cormaher

FreeBSD

I always had to go trough a lot of hassle to compile EL on FreeBSD. So I wondered: has anyone already successfully compiled it yet? If so, what are the points I should be considering? Any weird stuff?

BTW: tried it on Vista. Didn't work. Tried other games as well, and they didn't work. OpenGL in Vista is not possible, AFAICT, at least not with my GeForce 4.

When I have time (tomorrow), I'll try to compile the beast on FreeBSD. I'll post anything noteworthy here. I invite all other BSD-ers to do the same!

OpenGL in Vista is not possible, AFAICT, at least not with my GeForce 4.
no, opengl is open and portable, hence it cannot be allowed. games'll need to use directx to run on windows vista.

maybe it's time to re-look at using some non-custom graphics engine... OGRE, for example, supports opengl as well as directx... thing is, many of them are C++, and while you can code like a C coder in C++, it's silly and wasteful. to convert to C++ would mean a huge amount of code needs rewriting. on another hand, using the STL and other common C++ libraries would decrease the local codesize a lot. and of course, that means less bugs

Edited by ttlanhil

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this