Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Borgfan

The Dark Crystal idea

Have you seen The Dark Crystal?  

1. 1. Have you seen The Dark Crystal?

• Yes
    • No

The flute from the Dark Crystal should be added. It could have unlimited or limited uses. One of its abilites could be giving hope, which would equal healing or boosted strength. It could also be used to have non summoned wild animals fight for you.

The world of the Crystal Shard is exceedingly stunning and beautiful. Jen looking down at Ur-ru valley, the boat scene, etc.

We need to have something from that kick azz, classical Fantasy movie in Eternal Lands.

If you want to talk about The Dark Crystal:

NO spoilers!

Personally I think he's having the greatest time :P

If it's not that powerful, you could use it as many times as you wanted to. But if it was to powerful, you would need to let it "recharge" before you could use it again, without using mana. The actual flute shouldn't go away from the inventory.

You could just play on the flute if you wanted to and not have anything special happen. Players could make their own songs.

For the flute, there would be two main things that you could do:

1. Playing it to do something, like a temp. strength increase. But if you play it to much, you have to stop playing for a while before you could play it again.

2. Playing it without causing anything to happen. Putting together sound combinations and writing your own songs. Playing it this way wouldnt affect its energy, meaning you can play it normally as much as you want, and you will still have energy to use its abilites. Even if you're out of energy, you could still play it just to create music. When you make up a song, you could save it. People should have the ability to play it back without having to press keys to play it, so their fingers don't get tired. Record a song, and play it manually with the keys or automatically.

With number 2, playing a certain song could cause flowers or trees to glow. The song needed could depend on what flower you're trying to make glow. Doing this would be just like playing it normally, it wouldn't use up any of the flute's power. People could also play their own songs together, creating a small orchestra.

To the people who have seen "The Dark Crystal" :

The Podling village scene?

The only reason I would see to add a flute is if Ent added a bard skill. Level 0 can start with two twig/bones to make music (of course this skill does nothing special). Then continue up till you reach a violin.

I would become #1 in this skill if Ent added it just because I usually sit around anyways lol (usually mining though but I could take a ew days off).

I see no other reason to add any musical instiruments of any kind unless he did it like that.

The flute is from one of the most phenomenal movies of all time. This game needs something from that movie in it. It also requires less animation to play the flute then moving the violin bow.

Lol thats why I said it was almost stupid. And if you think that movie is the best ever....err....get help.

That movie was soooooooooo boring. And it has nothing to do with tastes either.

It is one of the best, most evocatitive movies of all time.

you have your (wrong) opinion and i have my (right) opinion. Your opinion will not change my judgement and views toward "The Dark Crystal".

"Wings! I don't have wings!"

"Of course not. You're a boy."