Eternal Lands Official Forums

I 100% support raising gold drops from monsters. But for a cost of replacing makeable (only makeable) items for extra gold drops (in the approximate value of the item of course), so you can buy armor/weapon from players, which is truly MMO then.

If the drops of monsters are needed in Essences/potions/armor, fighters would have a bigger income.

each monster should then have a unique item that they drop, because of the great need of these items, they are expensive and fighters can sell them to make money

I kill an Ogre, the bones go into an HE, the HE goes into my training. It's a vicious circle.

Edited by maximos

Maybe monster spawn times could be variable based on the time since it last spawned? So if you spend a minute boxing a fluffy it then takes 30s to come back, if you smack it 3 times with a serp it takes 5s. This would give a reason to use weapons for training (creating more of a market for them) and allow you to kill more things faster and so make better gc.

I also agree that no makeable items should be dropped, perhaps replacing them with gc as suggested above or with ingredients which are only available from drops (like the serp stone if you couldn't harvest them).

If the drops of monsters are needed in Essences/potions/armor, fighters would have a bigger income.

Unfortunately, that apart of serpent stones, every resource can be harvested/picked/created without participation of a fighter...

Unfortunately, that apart of serpent stones, every resource can be harvested/picked/created without participation of a fighter...

rat tails, beaver furs, rabbit furs, bones, raw meat?

OK, you don't have to be much of a fighter but you have to fight to get them. I think he means that higher level monsters should also drop furs/etc which would then be ingredients in higher level potions/essences (Potion of Extra Instinct (+10 Instinct) uses a Chimeran Wolf Fur instead of a regular Wolf fur).

rat tails, beaver furs, rabbit furs, bones, raw meat?

OK, you don't have to be much of a fighter but you have to fight to get them. I think he means that higher level monsters should also drop furs/etc which would then be ingredients in higher level potions/essences (Potion of Extra Instinct (+10 Instinct) uses a Chimeran Wolf Fur instead of a regular Wolf fur).

Good idea. (e.g. of cyclops drop: eye ;))