Eternal Lands Official Forums

The problem is if to much money is added the game would be to easy, we have to find a balance, and with fighting the way you gain money is from monters not from other players like most other skills do. This makes it affect the game alot more than any other skill. There needs to be a way for fighters to get money from other players instead of killing monsters

Maybe decreasing the spawn time of monsters would be helpful. Not only is it good for the money earned, but it does make the game more exciting. I kinda stopped playing for now because of boredom

while(true){

chaseFluffy();

attackFluffy();

wait();

waitALittleLonger()

}

got a bit boring.

Fighting lower level monsters is an option, but a really boring one, especially when you hardly get any experience from it. I get 8 attack exp per hit on a troll, just the same as a plain brown rabbit. Maybe each monster should have a set amount of experience they give. So whether you are level 10 or level 100, a troll gives 50 exp per hit. Of course this would mean a complete rewrite of the experience tables, which is not likely to happen.

I would even suggest giving a set amount of experience per kill, not hit/block. This would encourage players to actually use a sword or something.. wild ideas, I know. It would help with the money problem tho, the monsters would be killed faster, and cost less HE and SR per kill. Would be great to combine this with a spawn time of say.. 0 seconds and a doubling of all spawns? To compensate give a lot less experience per monster.

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by Nidan

ofcourse, its too small for the population these days..

and trollson this is a thread about fighting as a stand alone skill, and trying to make this a more viable option. Therefore what i said makes perfect sense and there was no need for you to post.

Furthmore doing this woul INCREASE character interaction. I used to make my own HE/SR when i was a fighter and i had no need to interact with anyone, if i was a stand alone fighter i would have to buy everything i needed, and so interact alot more...

Nice point, gratz! :)

The problem is if to much money is added the game would be to easy, we have to find a balance, and with fighting the way you gain money is from monters not from other players like most other skills do. This makes it affect the game alot more than any other skill. There needs to be a way for fighters to get money from other players instead of killing monsters

I agree, it has to be balanced, simply adding huge amounts of money is not a solution, but at the moment the imbalance is on the side of too little money. Especially with more and more expensive items coming into the game.

It's okay that only few people can afford the new stuff, but at the moment I think it takes way too long to earn the money for such items. The fun involved in reaching the goal is minimal.

And about fighters getting money from other players:

First of all, who is this supposed to be and where exactly are they getting their money? The other skills don't generate much money either. The only source of quick money is harvesting.

And you say that other professions' income is from other players so fighters should get their money from other players too. So if everyone gets their money from other players that means no money comes into the game, it just travels from player to player in exchange for goods. That's excellent, until you have to buy something from an NPC and throw the money out of the system. That money has to come back into the game in some way, so why not through monster drops? Why mostly by selling harvestables? This is unnecessary so the monster gc drop has to be increased, and I still believe that NPC's should buy most producable goods so that other professions don't have to rely completely on other people to buy their stuff. There is way more being produced than is needed, but that's been discussed enough in the economy threads. :)

So, why should the fighters have to sit down at a bush and pick flowers all day? Are they being punished for something? A game is supposed to be fun, not hard work or in this case boring work. That's why I think the money drops from monsters should be increased further.

One more thing: Even though it may sound like it, I'm not a fighter. I want to see fighters with more money because eventually they'd come to me to buy stuff with the money they get from fighting. :D

I totally agree on increasing gold drops and slightly decreasing spawn time, more spawns would come in handy too.

I would also suggest complete removal of manufacturable items for drops. this could be replaced by extra gold drop (in the approx value of undropped item) so fighters will be forced to buy it from other players (and they will be able to afford it)

(e.g.: monster is supposed to drop steel chain (let's say 700gc value) mail and some coins (let's say 1-20gc), instead of that, the monster could drop 701-720gc, so fighters will have money to satisfy their needs, while producers will be happy to sell their things too, what do you think?)

too much gc.

1-100 is abit high too, you kill so many a day you would make silly money.

1-70 is good amount, someone else suggested this before i think

too much gc.

1-100 is abit high too, you kill so many a day you would make silly money.

1-70 is good amount, someone else suggested this before i think

A desert chim drops 1-60gc not too far. But they have slow respawn time, and you either mix something in the mean time or get bored.

Also, there are way to few spawns of des chims, so the drops of them dont affect the economy at all.

(e.g.: monster is supposed to drop steel chain (let's say 700gc value) mail and some coins (let's say 1-20gc), instead of that, the monster could drop 701-720gc, so fighters will have money to satisfy their needs, while producers will be happy to sell their things too, what do you think?)

But no monster drops steel chain every time.

So, your example should be 1-720gc, correct? Or 1-20 with random chance of 700gc bonus?

So, your example should be 1-720gc, correct? Or 1-20 with random chance of 700gc bonus?

Of course not. I said it as an example. It is supposed to be 1-20gc with random chance of extra gold bonus. Capes cannot be made (except fur of course :)), so they should remain the same as they are, and less book drop will be also needed (and also desired IMHO). But basic gold drops should be 50-100% chance and they should be raised a bit.

I don't think he's dumb :)

You can never be sure. :)

Edited by ThordinElement

Ok, I skimmed past a page seeing as I was tired of reading the flames, but I SORT of agee with the fighters on this one

Sure, if they care so much about cash take a break and do something else. Even, as someone suggested, go for he yeti's and their excess of gold peices.

But as near as I can figure it, they shouldn't have to in their league. Think about it- the only thing stiopping pkers from profiting is a stone that was supposed to be damn rare, and now everyone has a ton of the things sitting in storage (generlisation, obviously)

This would be a serious support to clean up rostogols, make them rarer, ect

As for the HE/SR/ BR/ ECT, i do all those things ingame. Due to that I give away a lot in the way of free stuff to my friends who fight or simply train. So make some connections, and see about getting help for a while, until something improves

That sounds great for me. No more items dropped by monsters, maybe only rare books. So every item used in game must be manufactured.

So fighters would BUY from market instead of flooding it with their monster drops.

Piper

i agree, replacing manualbe items with their gc value would help manuers out alot, but i would stll keep the books and so forth in the drops.

dunno who suggested it, but i would love to see that happen, take tou the armor/weapon drops from monsters (except maybe leather/iron-iron broad swords, staffs/wooden shield lower end stuff.) and increase the gc by...20-40 gc each monster

OH also take out the crafting items cept for Tp rings(or limit them to 2-4 diff rings).

Edited by chaoogie

With manuable items, I meant all items which can be created, not just manufacture. I meant all productive skills, just to make it clear. Extra gold drops instead of makeable items would surely help economics.

To be honest leavin the lower level'd things as mentioned would just be easier and save alot of headaches by getting like 20 n00bies wanting to buy an iron broad sword and trading you 10 rabbits 4 rat tails aond 32 lupines.... the mid level/higher end things should be removed htough

I think there should be no exceptions. You don't need to sell low level items... leave that for low level manuers who will be happy to sell their items to players instead of Trik.

ok..then curious how will maun'rs make wooden shields, wooden staffs... newbies need those kind of drops so they can sell for good money(good for newbies money).

Edit : yea you can buy them at NPC, but whats the point for a newbie to get like 1-30 gc from goblin would make those items obsolete to have/use cause of antisocial perk and the fact if they save up a little more they can get a better weapon/armor, least this way they have and see a use for lower level'd armor/weapons to use against monsters

Edited by chaoogie

In your previous posts you reffered also to leather armor and iron sword. In is my believe that these items also should be removed. Items that cannot be manufactured might stay as drops.

In your previous posts you reffered also to leather armor and iron sword. In is my believe that these items also should be removed. Items that cannot be manufactured might stay as drops.

100% correct. I said all makeable items. Are wooden shields/staves/hammers makeable? NO si the answer, so they should stay as a drops. The point is to make some demand for makeable items, while keeping the money to the people so they can afford buying things from other players. What is the point of making items now, if monster drops chainmails and weapons?

And when people take antisocial perk? Hell, it's a NEGATIVE perk, not 10PPs for free, if they take it, they have to either learn to live with it or reset. I wonder why people always cry about negative perks.

Edited by ThordinElement

I pretty much only hunt i EL. i have been playing for months and i agree, except for when i get magic sword books it is a loss and now i've even had some thought of going off hunting :( I harv a lot but don't really like it and now i'm on practically no gc even though my friend sells me he's 5gc and sr's 10gc :P

One method is the bodyguard role;

Do you think i spend hours and hours in fluffy to become some Baby-sitting fighter :P of some annoying dude that wants get some book and BOB dosent let him :P

ummmmmmmmm the idea not appeal to you then? :icon13:

Funny thing in EL is, that the Alchemists,harvesters,manu people can afort evry new armor/weapon

and any basic fighter like me cant, simply becuz we dont harvest, or dont have a creditcard

only way to do this is we need to harvest too

i tought EL wasnt put in classes, u guys force me to harvest, i dont want that, i just want to make money with fighting, wich is what i like, you dont earn ANYTHING with fighting, u only spend the little gc for Sr's, HE and any other Pk stuff, i buy Air ess all the time, sometimes i burn over 200 a day

where are our rewards? please change drop rates, more gold

maby same amount of cash if u would harvest silver ore and sold them to players

so thats like 500 silver in 10 min, wich is 1k gold in 10 min ? so maby double the gold for monsters ?

seems fair :D