Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Client crashing? try this

seem to work ok that one. but i got this after playing for some time:

---------------------------

Eternal Lands: el.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x07d0f315" referenced memory at "0x0f9be000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

OK

Today i got some problems. The game was crashing at startup and error_log was flooded with cal3d errors that all the meshes have wrong format.

I solved it by downloading new cal3d from: http://bane.freepgs.com/downloads/xmingw/Cal3d_DLLs.zip as Aislinn suggested in another thread.

The weird thing is that the game was working this morning without problems and I didnt install any additional EL stuff.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/el.exe

Overwrite your old el.exe, then try again. Note that this client won't play any songs or music, but just try it if nothing else works.

Thanks this works.

Errrr nothing is working :icon13: I dont know anything about computers either, I uninstalled EL anf figured I would just download it again..and that didn't work. I keep looking for something that makes sense so I can download it and play it again. But I've come up with nothing. : / Help please...

Ok. I tried the first client. Looks like disableing shadows makes the difference between 1fps and 70fps.

I'm using an AMD 1.3G with a GeForce2 (QUIT SNICKERING-it runs well!).

Overwrite your old el.exe, then try again. Note that this client won't play any songs or music, but just try it if nothing else works.

Ok. I tried the first client. Looks like disableing shadows makes the difference between 1fps and 70fps.

I'm using an AMD 1.3G with a GeForce2 (QUIT SNICKERING-it runs well!).

Sounds like you might need newer NV drivers? But, atleast you found a work around.

Sorry for bringing this topic back but is el.exe the file that justs say el?

if you have file extensions turned off in windows explorer, then yes, it's one of the files called 'el'.

of course, you shouldn't have it turned off, because then you don't know the difference between a runnable program (for example, a virus) and a photo of granny...

if you have file extensions turned off in windows explorer, then yes, it's one of the files called 'el'.

of course, you shouldn't have it turned off, because then you don't know the difference between a runnable program (for example, a virus) and a photo of granny...

Ok Thanks ttlanhil ;)

Edit: Do you have to have EL off it download it?

Edited by duckyo

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this