Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Update 1.3 Bug reports

When I cast the Bones to Gold spell, the Alchemy portion of the client's Counters acquires a blank row.due to the alchemy exp awarded for this spell.

It looks something like this:

Name	This Session	Total
			   3		3

The Spells portion of the client's Counters correctly says:

Name	This Session	Total
Bones to gold	  3		3

Edited by Puntif

While not really a bug, the blacksmith Horea has a mustache, goatee, and tan skin while the dialog image shows a clean-shaven, pale white Derin. Just a consistancy issue.

Just compiled the new version for FreeBSD 6.1. Compiled with no errors. Copied the new files to /usr/local/games/el and then copied the compiled binary. Starts fine but my character and everyone else are not visible. I can see the floating name and info where a character is but no avatar. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

my character and everyone else are not visible. I can see the floating name and info where a character is but no avatar. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?
sounds like meshes aren't being loaded. make sure you have all the data files, make sure ~/.elc/el.ini points #data_dir to the right place(as in, not an old version or something), and check ~/.elc/error_log.txt for any hints

Naralik Catacombs, 100, 153:

the east wall is missing... I only see the the bricks and wood parts ... no texture behind it, just black... might not be a bug...

You are in Glacmor  - Dara's Tavern & Grocery Store [204,43]

You are in Glacmor  - Dara's Tavern & Grocery Store [205,42]

I keep walking between those two locations when I click on the exit arch (most west one.. ehm east one when you're inside..), while getting the message Get closer.

(Also when I move to under the arch, after I click on it I walk back to one of those positions.)

edit: typo...

Edited by Mar(c)

I was mining in Iscalrith (silver) and got teleported into the ore face Iscalrith Dungeon (158,157))

Linux Client downloaded from the main site:

in the knowledge windows all the new books are missing, looks like the file EL/languages/en/knowledge.lst hasn't been updated.

Fast way to solve it for who has also the windows client: replace that file using the EL/languages/en/knowledge.lst of the windows client.

The door at the Lothalith Fortress: Garrison of the Cohors Exercitus Legionis [38,25]

leads to

Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [146,244].

the area within the fortress near the porticulis is pk and gives no warning

Edited by MagpieLee

By some reason Hobgoblins are invisible (and not shown in kill counter). Error log said following:

[18:58:55] Illegal/missing actor definition 74
[18:58:55] Error: Can't open file ""

hobgoblin.xml seemed incorrupted, and then I noticed that hobgoblin (and yeti and giant) are missing from actor_defs.xml. I haven't seen Yeti or Giant, but I think them could be invisible as well.

If actor_defs.xml is problem, could somebody paste how it should look like. I downloaded 1.3 update for Linux from EL website.

On the last no-drop day Leahatwood and myself went to kill a fluffy in grubani.

We both got killed a couple of times of course but the strange thing is that the counter says I killed *her* once.

My fellow guildie on a non-pk map...

leahdeath.jpg

Makes my killcounter look pr0 LOL but it's not exactly what happened :rolleyes:

On the last no-drop day Leahatwood and myself went to kill a fluffy in grubani.

We both got killed a couple of times of course but the strange thing is that the counter says I killed *her* once.

My fellow guildie on a non-pk map...

Makes my killcounter look pr0 LOL but it's not exactly what happened :omg:

this happen always when 2 players kill a monster in a multimap and one player dies. you get him into the counter.

another thing that happen is when you get attacked by 2 desert chimerans in betheland kill both, they count 4 in the counter.

Well that doesn't make sense?

We *both* died several times so why is there only one kill listed?

Ohwell, not a major bug anyway just wanted to metion it :wub:

We *both* died several times so why is there only one kill listed?
it depends on where yawl are. it checks the square in front of you, and the one after that, IIRC, so only if you're one on each side should it happen on chims

I can stand in the fallen down closet at the entry of Azaghal Castle, Zirakinbar.

Have a look

here.

Perfect for hide&seek when you turn names off :)

Edited by Ermabwed

Can walk into wall in north when walking from east side of the wall in Arius at 131,351

I Discoverd the same at 132, 347 at Arius. However I was only able to go there, by press tab to show the map, and click aproxmeley there.

I was harvesting nightshades in Nordcarn and I hit a teleport nexus that teleported me right into the wall at coordinates 107,28.

I was stuck inside and sent a #help_me message.

Many thanks to Antiroot who came and helped me out.

I was harvesting nightshades in Nordcarn and I hit a teleport nexus that teleported me right into the wall at coordinates 107,28.

I was stuck inside and sent a #help_me message.

Many thanks to Antiroot who came and helped me out.

Sidenote, there was space in this bug for 2, I had to wait to se a passerby to target to rescue us both :omg:

Zirakinbar Azaghal Castle 319, 162. I was suspended in thin air, not standing on the floor. While you really need to be there to see it, here are a couple of screenies, I have not moved in either, but just turned camera view.

bug15gy.th.jpgbug27wz.th.jpg

Minimum food level problem. While harvesting Mullein in Sedicolis at 124, 41 my food level dropped to -66. It stopped dropping when I stopped harvesting & vice-versa.

Minimum food level problem. While harvesting Mullein in Sedicolis at 124, 41 my food level dropped to -66. It stopped dropping when I stopped harvesting & vice-versa.

Not a bug:

New harvest

Not a bug:

New harvest

But it shouldn't reach -66!