Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Update 1.3 Bug reports

Giant (supposed to be team killed?) spawn in "throne room" is in a single combat map.

"throne room"... Please give a better description so i don't have to waste time writing posts like this and asking for a better description so i know where it is :(

Giant (supposed to be team killed?) spawn in "throne room" is in a single combat map.

"throne room"... Please give a better description so i don't have to waste time writing posts like this and asking for a better description so i know where it is :(

Azaghal Castle, Zirakinbar.

GUI font is terrible and I can't change it, pretty undreadable and unplayable this way.

Btw. using linux version, full package, clean install (I have deleted everything old xcept spells dat and map mark data).

elscreen0032hp.th.png

Looks like whoever gave you the install package had that font set to default..you can change what font you want to use in the options panel

^^ got it from official website + I can't change it it only works for chat font and name font (it's the interface font that I have problems with).

This appears to because of how the directory is scanned in clients compiled with -DFONTS_FIX. (Wexy said he will test on a CVS client, so I'm not positive yet.)

My recommendation would be to add an option to manage the fonts[0] variable as well, (call it GUI font or something.)

Yes, removing -DFONTS_FIX works for me, tho I have another problem now I don't see myself :(

I'm using the linux client and I got the following messages in error_log.txt:

[20:58:56] Error: Can't open file "/home/dragor/.elc//counters_dragor42.dat"
[20:58:56] Error: Can't open file "/home/dragor/.elc//kills_dragor42.dat"

If I manually created the files with:

echo "" > /home/dragor/.elc/counters_dragor42.dat
echo "" > /home/dragor/.elc/kills_dragor42.dat

Then the files could be opened afterwards without a problem.

Since I was advised to delete my spells_magpielee I had to re-add them all. Portal room adds fine but when I cast restoration it still has the portals room icon in the magic box, therefore unable to add.

meep i had the very same. the trick is as long as you dont lose some mp you cant add restore to your quickbar :brooding:

I cannot get the linux client to start on SUSE 10. Both the full zipped and update zipped files did not work. I get the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Also on the download page you need to update it to say el-130.x86.linux.bin or return to the default el.x86.linux.bin

thanks

error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
so... get openal (using whichever package manager)

Ok i get a weird error msg when i turn on the sound effects or music "Error Initializing Sound: No Error" and i still dont hear anything (if there is supposed to be sound).

Just something weird for you.

Edit: BTW i am using the update package on linux

Edited by Bayo

so... get openal (using whichever package manager)

Wasn't openal used in EL 1.2?

Wasn't openal used in EL 1.2?
yes, and before

Then I do not need to get it because I already have it installed. Its not listed in the EL 1.2 full.zip or 1.3 full.zip. I have been playing EL 1.2 without any problems. Any other suggestions?

This is saying that the dynamic library loader cannot find the file "libopenal.so.0"; it is not to be found anywhere the loader has been told to look.

Then I do not need to get it because I already have it installed. Its not listed in the EL 1.2 full.zip or 1.3 full.zip. I have been playing EL 1.2 without any problems. Any other suggestions?
  1. Check that the file "libopenal.so.0" exists. Remember that the name must match exactly!
  2. If it is a symbolic link, make sure that the target file exists.
  3. Check that the (target) file is readable (and executable) by the user running EL. This includes all parent directories being readable and executable.
  4. Where is the library file? If not in a standard location (/lib, /usr/lib) then is it on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or equivalent environment variable). Try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH explicitly and running EL, for example:

$> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/directory/containing/lib el-130.x86.linux.bin

The following is very unlikely: Depending on security settings (and this is unlikely); if for some reason the el executable is sticky-bit as root (meaning: It is run-as root), then only shared libs from the default locations will be used.

Edited by trollson

Ok another weird thing that happened to me, i got attacked by a grue randomly. Because my network was still fine i just hit tab to reconnect to the server, but when i checked my counters, all of my totals were 0'd out. I understand that the session goes to zeros, but why the total went is a diff story

Counter is wrong for Hydrogenium Ore (I tried with excavator cape first which might have caused that)

Huh?

Counter said I had harvested 100 ore more than I actually had.

Bethel Caverns, 153, 105:

[13:55:34] You climb down the narrow hole and end up in another cavern.

[13:55:34] Umm... you can't teleport, there's no nearby open location

I don't go anywhere there ...

This was already reported on test server.

Okay...i cast heat and radiation protection and at first it worked properly. Their icons disappeared after some seconds. But, 15 minutes later, i noticed they were still working! I still got as little damage as immediately after casting the spells...

So, I assume this is a bug...

Counter is wrong for Hydrogenium Ore (I tried with excavator cape first which might have caused that)

Huh?

Counter said I had harvested 100 ore more than I actually had.

I had same here, when i use excavator while harvesting, it counts 2 ore/harvest if you use excavator when you actually get only 1 even with exc.

Ok another weird thing that happened to me, i got attacked by a grue randomly. Because my network was still fine i just hit tab to reconnect to the server, but when i checked my counters, all of my totals were 0'd out. I understand that the session goes to zeros, but why the total went is a diff story

Not sure if this is a bug: mining wolframite while wearing excavator cape and still get only 1 ore/harvest

Same things here :pinch:

Cycloonx - if you are running the game in linux then you need to touch (create) two files first, that should fix your counter problem.

touch ~/.elc/counters_<char name>.dat
touch ~/.elc/kills_<char name>.dat

:pinch:

Edited by Bayo

I cannot get the linux client to start on SUSE 10. Both the full zipped and update zipped files did not work. I get the following error:

Try running the static binary (el-130.x86.linux.static).

Guest twiistedkaos

Not a bug. just information. They need to update the linux install directions. You now need the library's sdl_net and cal3d in order to run the game correctly.

Arius City (112,147) - can stand in table

Arius (32,35) - can stand above level of rock

Edited by Ignoble

The patch for 'resetting counters issue' was added to the CVS but it seems it did not make it to this release. For me the resetting accured when I went to the login screen with name preselected and then quit the game without loggin in.