Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnTheWarder

The Quake Series anyone?

Does anybody play Quake 3 or 4? I recently got a bootleg ver. of Quake 3 and was wondering if I should invest real money into Quake 4?

NOTE: Suggestions for other FPS are welcomed! :P

Is this posted in the wrong section?

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Does anybody play Quake 3 or 4? I recently got a bootleg ver. of Quake 3 and was wondering if I should invest real money into Quake 4?

NOTE: Suggestions for other FPS are welcomed! ;)

Nah you're in exactly the right place, we discuss pirating games here all the time.</sarcastic>

I have been a fan of idsoftware since Commander Keen.and I'm sure they would love you to buy a game instead of stealing it. Why you'd get a pirated copy of Quake 3 I really can't understand, Quake 3 is normally in most game stores bargain basement for not much more than the cost of a cup of coffee and a sandwich.

Buy the game if your hardware can run it, and if not go buy a legitimate copy of Quake 3.

Support your local software developer.

Oh and to make matters worse, Quake 3 is now open source, you didn't need to steal it :/

Did I say "support your local software developer" yet?

NOTE: Suggestions for other FPS are welcomed! :)

Nah you're in exactly the right place, we discuss pirating games here all the time.</sarcastic>

I have been a fan of idsoftware since Commander Keen.and I'm sure they would love you to buy a game instead of stealing it. Why you'd get a pirated copy of Quake 3 I really can't understand, Quake 3 is normally in most game stores bargain basement for not much more than the cost of a cup of coffee and a sandwich.

Buy the game if your hardware can run it, and if not go buy a legitimate copy of Quake 3.

Support your local software developer.

Oh and to make matters worse, Quake 3 is now open source, you didn't need to steal it :/

Did I say "support your local software developer" yet?

I take it that you dislike people who pirate software? :(

No, personally I love writing copy protection, my favourite one was making a floppy disk with 79.5 tracks - dd, diskcopy et all used to crash with "divide by zero" :/

Trivial these days I know, but back in 1995 it was used successfully to protect a program that sold commercially for £1,500 a copy :)

In the past I have done a lot of things I shouldn't have with regards to software, but meh everybody hates dongles :(

Edited by LabRat

CS: Source pwnz j00 all!!

Grab yourself a retail version of Half-Life 2. It should come with Counter-Strike: Source.

So far, it's the worlds most popular and most played FPS game.

Too bad we've got some program called Steam(ing pile of sh!t). :/

CS: Source pwnz j00 all!!

Grab yourself a retail version of Half-Life 2. It should come with Counter-Strike: Source.

So far, it's the worlds most popular and most played FPS game.

Too bad we've got some program called Steam(ing pile of sh!t). :/

I have Steam and most of the source games, good stuff. My favorite is DoD:S.