Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thornguard

Alternative to mules

Ok this idea might be way out there, but at least it is original and wouldnt require much additional programming =P

Lets say im mining, and im at 300/300 capacity. How about at the blacksmith shop <or any shop> you sell a WHISTLE for I dunno, say 100k. When u use the whistle a subscreen pops up, same as when you goto an NPC vendor, that has a page boy that asks you "What may i fetch/deposit for you master?" You can have him deposit what ever item you want put into the bank for a set price per item, say 10% of whatever the item is worth, to pay for his services. That way you can keep mining, you have to lose money in order to call him, and no complicated programming is needed =P And the harder the the ore you harvest, flowers,etc the more it costs you.

Thornguard

Ummm since when did I say it's hard to program, I said the price seems a little steep. Also I am the last one you should call lazy when it comes to games.

I said alternative to mules, which means you wouldnt have anything following you around, which means no new graphics. Im not a programmer, but common sense tells you its an easier implementation. Also, the 100k like i said was an idea, not "how it must be" I was merely giving a suggestion, thats all it was. And its not about being lazy, its about being productive with the time you have to play the game. Unlike some people, I have a job, rent to pay, a son and a girlfriend that take up alot of my time. Im just expressing a thought, nothing more =P

Thornguard

Ummm did I EVER say it would be hard to program, NO. So can you people please stop jumpin on my ass for it. All I said was the price seemed a bit much, also I would rather Entropy take a little extra time and actually make mules tho.

How about a better alternative to both ideas: A Storage in Crystal Caverns!

This right there will solve the Arguement right away .........Until people start wanting more again.

.......You should never give a Mouse a Cookie.

There's a max carrying capacity (which is already high IMO), and it exists because of reasons. I guess reasons like: it's easy to make money or to level up fast, it's not supposed to get even easier.

So if you want to move faster (in order to make money or level up faster), be inventive with teleport rings and teleport spells. IMHO.

Kami

You realize I only was voicing an OPINION as it says in my listing right? Why do people go out of there way to critisize those who simply post there thoughts under the suggestions forum? Sometimes I think people just use forums to try to make people look bad for listing there ideas here. I truly feel sorry for such people - I wont list another idea again, sorry for trying to help =(

Thornguard

Hosan, it wasn't YOU that said it was hard to program. It was Thornguard who said it was NOT hard to program. No need to feel insulted or anything :-)

No, No, No! I was in no way critisizing you or your Opinion. Your idea is just fine. I wasn't say that it's any better or any worse that mine and I didn't mean to sound like I was critisizing your idea in anyway.

Since you listed an Alternative, I was only offering an Alternative to your alternative. I merely posted that in this thread simply because you opened the discussion to Alternatives and I simply posted one that would likely have been the most reasonable. I Would have just as easily posted this in my own thread had the subject of alternatives been raised and if it wasn't that Entropy pretty much silenced it but I meant it in no way to be an attack against your thought.

I like the idea of makeing the Dwarven Community (all those empty Dwarven buildings in Crystal Caverns) come alive and thriving. A storeage place, a Ore shop, a Dwarven Tavern and a General store, would be just the thing. :lol: How can you tell I am a Dwarf

lol, Hosans getting all defensive and they werent even talking to him :P anyway if its not a one time use..the whistle should cost even more then 100k