Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vwpro

bring back please..

*mana drain guildies

*over kill on last hit so if a rabbit has 5 hp left, and you hit , it says 70 dmage instead of 5

thanks! :P

o ya then you could do like a billion damage to bunnies but mana draining guildies makes it easy to betray but good to train magic

why not make it easyer, or else i have to keep #remove guild members just to mana drain..

Mana draining guildies would be great on pk maps (for example those non-multi), when your mana is low and your oponent has magic immunity, your guildie could be the source of mana for you (that would add a bit more team work too).

no need for plat coins these days, no-one has a big enough amount of money, and since you can change the amounts that you trade with it takes only 5 secs to put up around 1mil gc anyway.

no need for plat coins these days, no-one has a big enough amount of money, and since you can change the amounts that you trade with it takes only 5 secs to put up around 1mil gc anyway.

And yet its there as an unused feature. The only thing I see anyone object to this are the antisocials.

So as an added incentive, Antisocials should KEEP the Exchange rate, whilst the non antisocials have it completely removed.

PS: MDing guildies? So-so

So as an added incentive, Antisocials should KEEP the Exchange rate, whilst the non antisocials have it completely removed.

Antisocials can't trade with NPCs, so why should they buy platinum coins? :D

also why would you even use them? its just added time to change them when you want to buy something.

As i said in my other post the reason for their existence doesnt exist anymore, the uber amounts of gold are gone, and you can put up 99,999 GC with a click anyway.. so the plat coins have no reason to exsit except nostalgia

Antisocials can't trade with NPCs, so why should they buy platinum coins? :D

its to keep them from having a good ol' moan

May I ask what is the purpose of overkill?

Its for the zealous types that like to see how much damage they do against something a fraction of their strength :P

have to agree, while *overkill* hits make little sense (how do you do 25 damage to something with only 5 damage to take?), it was more or less a "cool" thing to see...

As for Mana Draining guildies - I love the spell, but this seems crazy to me. Mana Drain is an offensive spell - you aren't being friendly to someone if you steal their mana. As such, since you can't attack your own guild, why should you be allowed to act as such? Granted, this would make training easier for someone like me, who actually is still training with this spell, but I think it makes it a little too easy to train with...

have to agree, while *overkill* hits make little sense (how do you do 25 damage to something with only 5 damage to take?), it was more or less a "cool" thing to see...

As for Mana Draining guildies - I love the spell, but this seems crazy to me. Mana Drain is an offensive spell - you aren't being friendly to someone if you steal their mana. As such, since you can't attack your own guild, why should you be allowed to act as such? Granted, this would make training easier for someone like me, who actually is still training with this spell, but I think it makes it a little too easy to train with...

It helps in battle, so now you need to #remove ur guildies to drain them, wich is stupid

and why not over kill ? its only cool feature, many people want to see there damage, insted of giving a rabbit 1 damage when it got 1 hp left

o yeh arnieman, why u even reply here, ur not a fighter, go to ur harvester or w/e topics newbag

Overkill

Other systems have made use of this. Excessive damage could give bonus experience (now, your just showing off arn't you?), but decrease the value of drops (you expect bunny bones after a 70 point overkill?).

The first part at least gives a reason to use big weapons!

Platinum coins

Find more used for them than just currency? Use platinum coins in some potent alchemy, potions, or crafting?

Have a split economy (this has come up before); certain goods only traded in certain currencies, depending on their social class or significance.

Usually this would be gold/silver/copper coins for nobles/merchants/peasant classes; in EL it would probably be platinum/gold/silver coins -- all those things you sell for fractions of a gold coin would be revalued in silver?

Note that if the economy is complete split like this, then the exchange rate between the coinages is not fixed! Seperate inflation rates et al. Could be interesting ;)